Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Post Office Scandal -

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If (you or) I took the PO CEO role, I'd like to think that on the to-do list would be for my own knowledge at the very least, to find out the full background, overturn stones, take a fresh unbiased look, to see if we have a commercial claim against Fujitsu. Also, once known that I must sit in front of a legal grilling, to prepare in depth.
I want to see Michael Keegan (husband of minister Gillian Keegan) being questioned.

Michael Keegan, former Fujitsu UK chief executive and husband of the current education secretary Gillian Keegan, was appointed to a role in the Cabinet Office in September 2019. The move came little more than a year after he left his role as European head of the Japanese IT company. Keegan joined Fujitsu in March 2006 as the director of a business unit responsible for working on the UK government’s national identity scheme. He rose through the organisation in roles primarily focused on public sector contracts.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Any of them really. What was apparent is that neither of them had a clue what had gone on in the past (they have both been in post since 2019) and had made little effort to try to find out. There were some interesting and searching questions asked that made them both look like fools. But highlighting an MP mentioning Paw Patrol is much more important to the readers of the Independent and the twitterverse it would seem.
I think it's the practice of 'plausible deniability'.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Peter Sewell doesn't recall anything, how surprising.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Peter Sewell doesn't recall anything, how surprising.
IMG_2828.jpeg

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The claim from fujitsu that the PO amended witness statements from the tech co to remove references to known bugs is startling. It doesnt absolve fujitsu but it pins more blame on PO

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Criminal behaviour if they are subsequently presented in court? Perverting the course of justice?
Of course it's criminal; it's clearly perverting the course of justice. I suspect we will find though, that the great and the good will persuade the CPS that it is not in the public interest to prosecute fellow members of the great and good who have moved on to other jobs which are driving the economy forward (and earning them the sort of money to which they are rightly accustomed). :(

Just guessing, of course.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
One for the nerds. This is buried on a report and is a code extract from part of the system.

View attachment 173102

Although the code "works", any idea what the developer could have done instead ?

Wow, that's a hilariously convoluted way of doing it. Although it doesn't surprise me, given some of the answers I've seen for simple coding problems when I've been interviewing developers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here