Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Post Office Scandal -

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The calibre of a Conservative MP at the Post Office enquiry. Really?

This is much ado about nothing. He said he was usually putting the kids to bed at that time and also said that his father watched the programme and sent him a "raging text". I'm sure it's at the forefront of his mind whether he has watched the drama or not. We should be pointing the finger at those who knew, had the power and did f all, not those now embroiled in sorting the mess out. I'm not trying to trivialise it by using the inadequate word "mess" when people lost their lives but pointscoring against a minister because he hasn't yet watched the drama is a "pointless" diversion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is much ado about nothing. He said he was usually putting the kids to bed at that time and also said that his father watched the programme and sent him a "raging text". I'm sure it's at the forefront of his mind whether he has watched the drama or not. We should be pointing the finger at those who knew, had the power and did f all, not those now embroiled in sorting the mess out. I'm not trying to trivialise it by using the inadequate word "mess" when people lost their lives but pointscoring against a minister because he hasn't yet watched the drama is a "pointless" diversion.
The situation has been ongoing for 21 years. Bringing up Paw Patrol at an inquiry is trivialising the matter beyond common sense. It would've been far more appropriate to say, I haven't seen it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The programme went out each evening at 9pm. He was watching Paw Patrol at 9pm with his children ? Chinny reckon.
Yes but Gullis' bed time is 8.30, else he gets cranky

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The situation has been ongoing for 21 years. Bringing up Paw Patrol at an inquiry is trivialising the matter beyond common sense. It would've been far more appropriate to say, I haven't seen it.
What did you think of the questions that he and other MPs asked of the CEO of the Post Office and the European Director of Fujitsu at this select committee?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'm only seeing clips but do you mean this one?

Any of them really. What was apparent is that neither of them had a clue what had gone on in the past (they have both been in post since 2019) and had made little effort to try to find out. There were some interesting and searching questions asked that made them both look like fools. But highlighting an MP mentioning Paw Patrol is much more important to the readers of the Independent and the twitterverse it would seem.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Bringing up Paw Patrol at an inquiry is trivialising the matter beyond common sense. It would've been far more appropriate to say, I haven't seen it.
Six brave puppies, captained by a tech-savvy ten-year-old boy working together to accomplish high-stakes rescue missions? f*** all trivial about THAT, thank you very much. A view you'd probably share, should you ever find yourself in peril in Adventure Bay.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Any of them really. What was apparent is that neither of them had a clue what had gone on in the past (they have both been in post since 2019) and had made little effort to try to find out. There were some interesting and searching questions asked that made them both look like fools. But highlighting an MP mentioning Paw Patrol is much more important to the readers of the Independent and the twitterverse it would seem.

I thought the same, they’ve had 4 plus years to find out to the best they can internally exactly what happened, who knew what, any lies they were spun by Fujitsu.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I thought the same, they’ve had 4 plus years to find out to the best they can internally exactly what happened, who knew what, any lies they were spun by Fujitsu.
its really what the inquiry is all about. parliament is engaging in a bit of after timing, looking like they are on top of it in response to a TV programme. not to say the committe shouldnt be involved, though it has previously asked all this before.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The CEO (and actually a Fujitsu board member - first and last time a non-Japanese person had that) for the business at the time isn’t even involved !

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I thought the same, they’ve had 4 plus years to find out to the best they can internally exactly what happened
Agreed. After all, it really shouldn't take 4+ years when everybody know the most frequent callers are an accident-prone marine biologist named Cap'n Turbot and the town's mayor, Mayor Goodway. Start with them and see where it goes, tbh.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
its really what the inquiry is all about. parliament is engaging in a bit of after timing, looking like they are on top of it in response to a TV programme. not to say the committe shouldnt be involved, though it has previously asked all this before.

If (you or) I took the PO CEO role, I'd like to think that on the to-do list would be for my own knowledge at the very least, to find out the full background, overturn stones, take a fresh unbiased look, to see if we have a commercial claim against Fujitsu. Also, once known that I must sit in front of a legal grilling, to prepare in depth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here