Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible bad news for a B777 [Malaysian MH370]

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Australian news: New evidence suggests that missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 may have been deliberately cut off from the rest of the world.

US officials said that because two separate communication systems were shut down separately, the plane did not suffer a catastrophic accident.

According to data obtained, the reporting system was shut down at 1.07am (Malaysia time) and the transponder at 1.21am.

This suggested that the shut down in communications was deliberate, ABC News aviation consultant John Nance said.

Strange. The Malaysian military denied rumours of them tracking the plane over malacca strait, so it looks like someone shut them up (cough cough USA).

If this indeed a hijacking, I assume that USA is trying to keep above information leaking in to the public domain, by not letting the potential 'hijackers' know they are on their case...

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Prove it.

1. In the 1980's NASA could pinpoint exactly where the astronauts would re-enter the planet and what spot in the ocean they would be.
2. This year two large old satellites fell to earth, they knew not where they would land, on the day they fell they knew exactly where in what see they were.
3. Satellites can pinpoint individual humans, phones, and heat.
4. The titanic was found using technology around 15 years old.
5. Any large passenger plane in the sky's location is known about - goto flightradar24.com (or similar)....or research 911.

As i said before, its a cover up, or it dissapeared. This electric car link is interesting tho.

http://beforeitsnews.com/events/201...ssengers-on-board-names-released-2432738.html

For sure its a nice tangible distraction tool for the media. 300 odd people have died from oppression or starvation in the time i have written this. The media plays with peoples lack of perspective.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
For my money ..... (Most of which I lose, to be honest)

25 October 1999; Sunjet Aviation Learjet 35; near Aberdeen, SD: Both pilots and all four passengers, including professional golfer and 1999 U.S. Open winner Payne Stewart, were killed in the crash of a Learjet 35 aircraft (N47BA). The NTSB determined that the crash was due to an incapacitation of the flight crew members due to a loss of cabin pressurisation.

The jet, operated by Sunjet Aviation, was originally on a flight from Orlando to Dallas, but strayed off course over northern Florida and continued flying to the northwest until the fuel apparently ran out. The aircraft was seen to depart from controlled flight, and spiral to the ground, and crash.

Just a theory ????

It is certainly possible that has happened. The crash of Helios Jet Flight 522 in Greece was caused by the pilots suffering hypoxia. The turning off of the transponder makes that less likely though, I would have thought.

Media wise, I don't think the BBC coverage has been that excessive. CNN, by contrast, have given it blanket coverage. They were discussing the transponder at length last night. I fell asleep with it on (late night channel swapping rather than a desire to watch saturation coverage. I do have a personal interest though, as my brother lives in Japan and flies regularly in that area.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For my money ..... (Most of which I lose, to be honest)

25 October 1999; Sunjet Aviation Learjet 35; near Aberdeen, SD: Both pilots and all four passengers, including professional golfer and 1999 U.S. Open winner Payne Stewart, were killed in the crash of a Learjet 35 aircraft (N47BA). The NTSB determined that the crash was due to an incapacitation of the flight crew members due to a loss of cabin pressurisation.

The jet, operated by Sunjet Aviation, was originally on a flight from Orlando to Dallas, but strayed off course over northern Florida and continued flying to the northwest until the fuel apparently ran out. The aircraft was seen to depart from controlled flight, and spiral to the ground, and crash.

Just a theory ????

Sounds by far the likeliest explanation IMHO.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
5. Any large passenger plane in the sky's location is known about - goto flightradar24.com (or similar)....or research 911.

your points dont prove anything, they aren't factually correct in the context, given there no attempt evade or more time to search in those cases. except the last one, and the key point missing here is those sites rely on the transponder info.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It is certainly possible that has happened. The crash of Helios Jet Flight 522 in Greece was caused by the pilots suffering hypoxia. The turning off of the transponder makes that less likely though, I would have thought.

Media wise, I don't think the BBC coverage has been that excessive. CNN, by contrast, have given it blanket coverage. They were discussing the transponder at length last night. I fell asleep with it on (late night channel swapping rather than a desire to watch saturation coverage. I do have a personal interest though, as my brother lives in Japan and flies regularly in that area.
Here is a link to a documentary about Flight 522

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Sky: Satellites received signals from the Malaysian Airlines flight up to five hours after contact was lost, according to Sky sources.

A statement issued by satellite operator Inmarsat said: "Routine, automated signals were registered on the Inmarsat network from Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 during its flight from Kuala Lumpur.

"This information was provided to our partner SITA, which in turn has shared it with Malaysia Airlines."

The signals are 'pings' sent by the plane to confirm it is still there and to allow the network to determine its position.

Special Report
According to Sky sources these automated signals were still received up to five hours after ground control lost contact with the aircraft.

Sky's Niall Paterson said: "If this information is accurate, for those five hours at the very least, that flight was not crashed, it was in some sense flying through the air.

WTF?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Sky: Satellites received signals from the Malaysian Airlines flight up to five hours after contact was lost, according to Sky sources.

A statement issued by satellite operator Inmarsat said: "Routine, automated signals were registered on the Inmarsat network from Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 during its flight from Kuala Lumpur.

"This information was provided to our partner SITA, which in turn has shared it with Malaysia Airlines."

The signals are 'pings' sent by the plane to confirm it is still there and to allow the network to determine its position.

Special Report
According to Sky sources these automated signals were still received up to five hours after ground control lost contact with the aircraft.

Sky's Niall Paterson said: "If this information is accurate, for those five hours at the very least, that flight was not crashed, it was in some sense flying through the air.

WTF?

Any experts on here know how long the plane could have flown before it ran out of fuel?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Any experts on here know how long the plane could have flown before it ran out of fuel?

I think it's been quite widely reported that it had enough fuel for 4-5 hours more flying at normal cruising altitudes. If it flew lower, range would be decreased due to 'thicker' air.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There are definite similarities between this and Helios Flight 522.

What I don't understand is why wasn't the plane intercepted by military jets?

:shrug:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I'm having trouble understanding this thing about the transponders being switched off thus making it invisible, but military's have spent billions of £s developing and building stealth aircraft to achive they same thing.
It can't be that simples as just to throw a switch can it?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
There are definite similarities between this and Helios Flight 522.

What I don't understand is why wasn't the plane intercepted by military jets?

:shrug:

Don't think it is too similar personally. For example:

1. It appears different tracking / communication systems were switched off at different times, indicating human intervention. The reason military jets could follow the Helios flight was due to these systems still operating as normal.

2. The Helios flight ploughed on in auto pilot mode until it run out of fuel, whereas it appears that the Malaysian Airlines flight took a deliberate turn and followed a well known commercial flight path over Aceh in Indonesia, Phuket in Thailand and on towards the Andaman Islands.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6239822 said:
Don't think it is too similar personally. For example:

1. It appears different tracking / communication systems were switched off at different times, indicating human intervention. The reason military jets could follow the Helios flight was due to these systems still operating as normal.

2. The Helios flight ploughed on in auto pilot mode until it run out of fuel, whereas it appears that the Malaysian Airlines flight took a deliberate turn and followed a well known commercial flight path over Aceh in Indonesia, Phuket in Thailand and on towards the Andaman Islands.
What is your conclusion?

edit: lack of information and reliance on rumour doesn't help.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
What is your conclusion?

Haven't got one, until that info is verified, but if it's true it points more towards a high jacking, perhaps botched hijacking, than catastrophic failure of the plane in my opinion. It's hard to know what info being banded about is true as communications from all involved seem to be a bit haphazard.

It does seem to me though, that it is likely the authorities know a lot more than is being made public.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here