Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible bad news for a B777 [Malaysian MH370]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Regardless of what may or may not have happened to this plane, the whole management by the local authorities is a ****ing shambles. They seem utterly clueless with no real strategy in place to coordinate or manage any aspect of this event.

it does seem one fudge after another. the interestin bit for me is that they searched the Malacca Straight early on, which is a bit like searching west of Ireland for a plane headed from London - Norway, this makes no sence whatsoever. so we should deduce that they had information that it had headed that way. someone must have got a ping from something as it went over land, its one thing to fly low to evade radar over the sea, but over the Malay/Thai peninsula whould have taken a Tornado pilot, of which i do not believe there are any onboard. I havent believed all the information from spurious sources, and dont go for far fetched theories, but it does seem to me the actions of the autorities point to the plane evading contact with Vietnamese ATC and taking a sharp turn east.

the problem is motivation, the obvious claim its to do with the Iranians doesnt make any sence (they certainly wouldnt have made it to Iran), capturing the plane for some future nefarious plan is daft (just nick a cargo plane, a lot lower profile), and kidnapping the team of Freescale employees seems to be over the top and some other country would have spoted the plane overhead or landing site found (though could have ditched into shallow sea?). all bets off on this one.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
they will find it (or parts of it), they will recover the black box, and eventually discover what catastrophic event caused the aircraft to go down. they just havent done so yet. but it will happen.

how long exactly SHOULD a search for a probably disintegrated aeroplane take in the middle a massive sea with no clues? People seem to think its taking a suspiciously long time, i would love to know what that's based on.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Shit, Lost is actually a documentary from the future and what with all the time-jumps in the show, somebody buried the tape to be used as a warning. Only explanation.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Change in story now regarding the data that suggested it flew for a few more hours - the data did not come from the engines, hence Rolls Royce's silence means nothing.

Wall Street Journal: http://online.wsj.com/news/article_...4579434653903086282-lMyQjAxMTA0MDEwMzExNDMyWj

U.S. investigators suspect Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 flew for hours past the time it reached its last confirmed location, based on an analysis of signals sent through the plane’s satellite-communication link designed to automatically transmit the status of some onboard systems, according to people familiar with the matter. An earlier version of this article incorrectly said investigators based their suspicions on signals from monitoring systems embedded in the plane’s Rolls-Royce PLC engines and described that process.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
the Indian Ocean is roughly 28 million square miles (around 10 times the size of australia)

not sure how big a boeing777 is?

could take some finding

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
the Indian Ocean is roughly 28 million square miles (around 10 times the size of australia)

not sure how big a boeing777 is?

could take some finding

far too sensible a post. completely lacking in hysteria paranoia and ill thought out speculation.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
For my money ..... (Most of which I lose, to be honest)

25 October 1999; Sunjet Aviation Learjet 35; near Aberdeen, SD: Both pilots and all four passengers, including professional golfer and 1999 U.S. Open winner Payne Stewart, were killed in the crash of a Learjet 35 aircraft (N47BA). The NTSB determined that the crash was due to an incapacitation of the flight crew members due to a loss of cabin pressurisation.

The jet, operated by Sunjet Aviation, was originally on a flight from Orlando to Dallas, but strayed off course over northern Florida and continued flying to the northwest until the fuel apparently ran out. The aircraft was seen to depart from controlled flight, and spiral to the ground, and crash.

Just a theory ????

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Not true. Many parts of a large plane are naturally boyent and would float. Also radar, satellite, and militaty equipment would have found it by now.

True, things on a plane are boyent...when in one peice, they are less so if they are not.

If you are talking about imageing satellites they provide a 'snap shot in time' and are NOT looking at all the world all the time, an random bit of sea is not high on military watch lists, if you are talking about communication satellites they are just mirrors for earth coms, there are others but equaly pointless in this situation.

Radar has a defined distance per platform, for example some of the stuff is only 100km radius. Again pointless if the object is beyond the horizon on the ground or outside your radius in the air.

Military equipment, and by this I mean sea, ground and airborne surveillance is only any good if it has the range to pick it up ie if it isnt in the area it is pointless.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
they will find it (or parts of it), they will recover the black box, and eventually discover what catastrophic event caused the aircraft to go down. they just havent done so yet. but it will happen.

how long exactly SHOULD a search for a probably disintegrated aeroplane take in the middle a massive sea with no clues? People seem to think its taking a suspiciously long time, i would love to know what that's based on.

For me, this is exactly the line that the authorities should be taking, and using to set the agenda. Unfortunatley, their complete ****-wittedness and tendency to be blown by events, non-events, claims and couter-claims is undermining confidence in their ability to resolve this.

They're looking like an episode of Dad's Army.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
For me, this is exactly the line that the authorities should be taking, and using to set the agenda. Unfortunatley, their complete ****-wittedness and tendency to be blown by events, non-events, claims and couter-claims is undermining confidence in their ability to resolve this.

They're looking like an episode of Dad's Army.

this is an exceptional circumstance and i do know a little, being in the industry, about the media protocols in these exceptional circumstances. i would hate to be working for MH right now. but believe me there are no hidden agendas or incompetencies - every airline has a procedure for this - no matter how far fetched it might seem to the nutters. they lost an aircraft and the truth will come out. we just have to wait. why is it so difficult to believe a major airline does not have procedures and protocols in place for a major incident and are just winging it????

Last edited:

I must admit I agree with daveinprague on this.

Some news events that are largely being ignored over the last few days include:

Anti-government riots in Turkey, two dead
94 people kidnapped by Islamists in Syria
Another suicide bomb in Iraq killing "dozens"
Three killed in latest Venezuelan protests
Shooting amidst anti-government protests in Thailand

...but our media is so obsessed over this plane mystery, that most people haven't heard about these events or are even aware there is so much civil unrest occurring all over the world RIGHT NOW

Totally understand where you are coming from but the reason this has hit 15 pages and is still the lead story on the news is host we can all relate to it.

Although flying is safe. This is scary stuff and something we can all relate to. Maybe 50% plus of readers here have or will be flying in the next 4 months. Although tragic, many less have any connection with Syria snd a significant proportion probably could not even identify it on a map.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Australian news: New evidence suggests that missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 may have been deliberately cut off from the rest of the world.

US officials said that because two separate communication systems were shut down separately, the plane did not suffer a catastrophic accident.

According to data obtained, the reporting system was shut down at 1.07am (Malaysia time) and the transponder at 1.21am.

This suggested that the shut down in communications was deliberate, ABC News aviation consultant John Nance said.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Think this article points to some of the most likely explanations so far IMHO, but who knows. Hijack or deliberate pilot action, turn of the comms devices, attempt to fly somewhere and crash, either deliberately (unlikely perhaps as if you had an agenda you'd want the world to know ?) or accidentally. As previously stated the Indian Ocean is huge so taking several days to find a few scattered (and relatively tiny) remnants if there isn't so unbelievable. Bit surprised at the Malaysian comment 'if we need to search the pilot's house'. If ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here