Positives from tonight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KrustyKrab

Aug 6, 2009
Another positive is that we can all now see that our defence is shite and that we clearly arent playing the right startin 11!

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Eagle eyed view of you...
souds like a voice of experinece from the hammerings palace have taken over the years...what was it 9 against Liverpool?

From 19 years ago?! Sorry but that really is desperate! Considering your lot criticise Palace for bringing the 5-0 up from 7 years ago, I think you should probably stick to your own rules and not bring something up from almost two decades ago!

If you'd like to bring up a recent occasion when we lost as heavily as you just have, then maybe I won't be as smug. My smugness isn't over the result per se anyway, it's over the fact that you lot got angry when I said you might not be playing Champions League football in 3 years time.

7-1. It's made the injustices of this week slightly less bitter!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
From 19 years ago?! Sorry but that really is desperate! Considering your lot criticise Palace for bringing the 5-0 up from 7 years ago, I think you should probably stick to your own rules and not bring something up from almost two decades ago!

If you'd like to bring up a recent occasion when we lost as heavily as you just have, then maybe I won't be as smug. My smugness isn't over the result per se anyway, it's over the fact that you lot got angry when I said you might not be playing Champions League football in 3 years time.

As I said earlier-you're Palace and no matter how big a hammering we got tonight you have absolutely f*** all to be smug about.

Had a look at our new stadium going up yet? Now that's a reason to be smug.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004

Paul Merson says youre lot could of won 7-1 tonight as well.You pissed all over Ipswich

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
As I said earlier-you're Palace and no matter how big a hammering we got tonight you have absolutely f*** all to be smug about.

Had a look at our new stadium going up yet? Now that's a reason to be smug.

We're a division above you. Therefore, we have a reason to be smug. Yes, we have stadium difficulties, and you're lucky to be getting a permanent home after this long, but that doesn't mean that we have nothing to be smug about. If we were in league 2 and about to go out of business, then I would probably agree.

Looks like your lot's commonly used "yeah well you may be a division above us, but we'll be in a division above you in two years time!" comeback can't even be used now. Tis a shame :p

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
Paul Merson says youre lot could of won 7-1 tonight as well.You pissed all over Ipswich

I'm surprised to be honest, along with a fair few other Palace fans. Lots of doom and gloom talk, so it's nice to see a decent win and performance to increase the optimism a bit. I guess Warnock's used the events of the weekend to fire up the players. I always worried that his common blaming of officials would mean that the players didn't take responsibility and got complacent, but it seems to have the opposite effect.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
We're a division above you. Therefore, we have a reason to be smug. Yes, we have stadium difficulties, and you're lucky to be getting a permanent home after this long, but that doesn't mean that we have nothing to be smug about. If we were in league 2 and about to go out of business, then I would probably agree.

Looks like your lot's commonly used "yeah well you may be a division above us, but we'll be in a division above you in two years time!" comeback can't even be used now. Tis a shame :p

Fair enough !

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps I should have said been promoted rather than champions as I believe that Southampton will be in the running for automatic promotion.

Fair enough.

They have bought well, and looking at their team will probably be favourites for promotion next year. But the points gap is too steep.

To get auto they will need around 80 points. That is 89 in 43 games...

Leeds will get auto along with either Huddersfield, Charlton or maybe even Millwall.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
My positives
the support from the 407 fans that made it and were laughing the car crash they were witnessing. What was the point of getting angry?

Jamie Smith looked good

Dickinsons goal was brilliant

Graeme Smith instant hero. Booked within 5 seconds of his debut, saved a penalty and let in 5

Adam El Abd was only responsible for 5 of the goals

We don't have to play there again this year

McNulty injured his ankle meaning he wasn't rushed back to injure his kidney again

the match day program was the best you will buy all season and included a section on the top 10 fat footballers (won by Neville Southall)

the stadium reminds you falmer is not too far away

I got in as a stoooodent and saved £9 on entrance fee

The Phoenix

May 20, 2009
It's naive to think that a sudden influx of cash causes an immediate soar up the leagues. Gradual, sensible building of the squad is what you need, and then I'm in little doubt that you'd get promoted in a couple/few season's time. As I say, this sort of comment got me accusations of jealousy and sour grapes the last time I made this point. Hopefully tonight's result is a bit of a wakeup call.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The only positive I could see, was the goal from Dickenson.

Apart from that...........nothing...!

Shouldn't our glorious coaches, White and Booker have mentioned to Russel Slade, that El Abd will always give 100% effort........BUT NEVER play him in defence. He is guaranteed every single f***ing game, to give at least one suicidal bacl pass.

Why, why, why is Dicker not playing...????????????????????????????????

Croft is not a defensive midfielder......he is an ex league 2 struggling player.

Navarro is not a defensive midfielder.......and I don't really understand his purpose in the team.

Smith is also not a defensive midfielder.

McCleod is one of the biggest tarts to ever play for Brighton.

Overall...........total rubbish........we played "pretty" sidewards and backwards passing for 25 minutes, but as soon as Huddersfield realised they just had to by-pass our midfield.....it was game over. Absolutely no protection from the midfield for the central defenders.

Kuipers sending off looked harsh to me............I thought the Huddersfield forward did a "Miichael Owen" and deliberately left his foot trailing over Kuipers arm.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I know, I'm only joking. :) You make a fair point, and Bloom hasn't spent hugely on the team (compared to Huddersfield for example), he's got a stadium to pay for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports