Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Tonight (Wolves)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Get one or two of these a season. Frustrating and bodies defending narrow behind the ball. We still got a point - forget it and move on.

We actually have been spoilt in recent seasons remember!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I 'green lighted' all the way home.
From central Brighton to very west Sussex in 47 minutes.

What a result.
Made my drop off in Worthing at 10:31 which I think is a record for an evening game.

More relevantly: Fortress Amex is back...

1. We've gone nine Premier League games in a row without a defeat
2. We've gone 10 games in all competitions without a defeat

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Showed again we can grind out a point against a form team, 2nd best for most of it but still could have nicked a win.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Looked up to see where Jenas' favourite goalkeeper Luke Steele is these days - player-manager at Peterborough Sports

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not a good performance and a rather frustrating night. A few positives:

- another clean sheet
- a point which is the most we deserved. On another day we lose that as they had the best chances by far
- Steele did well
- Lamptey back
- One game closer to getting some players back. We desperately need some real width.

If you can’t win don’t lose I suppose.
I'd say Buonanotte's header on the goal line was the best chance either side had, but even if you don't think it was, it was good enough a chance that it stops their's being the best 'by far'.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One of those rare games when even our captain started to get on my tits, it was sooooooo slooooooow at times going across the back line and Steele.
Yet ANOTHER two points dropped at home.
There was no variation at all. I think we tried to go down the right about twice in the entire 2nd half. What was the point of bringing Lamptey on?

There were also several instances of both Dunk and JPVH being caught out near the dugouts, allowing Wolves to home in on goal. What was all that about? Why zero CB’s in position?

Can only think that Gary O’Neil outfoxed us with some traps?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The one positive is that we didn't lose - which we easily could've, given that 2nd half performance. Once Perv went off for Webster, we were in ALL KINDS of trouble down our left. Take the point and move on.

Oh, and pleasing to see Lamptey get half an hour in his legs, even if the whole team basically ignored him.

Jimmy Grimble

Cote D'Ivoire dumped out of the Africa Cup Of Nations, so Adingra will be available for selection from the weekend.
RDZ didn't pick up yet another yellow card, after the benches had a coming together
Confirmation that Webster is not a left back
They still have a chance of going through. Check the AFCON thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here