Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Tonight (Wolves)

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
To be fair to Wolves, they are on a good run. Positives we didn’t lose. One game closer to Adingra and Mitoma back. Lamptey and Boaty got some game time. UTA.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ivory Coast are out of the AFCON, so Ardringa should be back by Saturday.
They're not out (yet), and the fact they threw Adingra on for the last 7 minutes out of desperation, doesn't mean he's actually fit!

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Wolverhampton should be ashamed of themselves. They just came to spoil, constantly in the referees ear. Never made any effort to mount meaningful attacks. The sort of team that should be banished back to the Championship where they belong. My Villa supporting relative was right about them all along.
I agree, but that’s not a positive from last night! 😂

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Strange night.

Even ahead of the game, ie on here etc, it all felt a bit flat - no real excitement for what was, incredibly, our first home fixture of 2024, and the first time at the Amex since the scintillating Spurs game. That vibe continued to the Amex itself - there was no real buzz at all.
3rd week of Jan has to be the flattest week of the year just generally, then throw in a miserable Monday evening KO, and you have flatter than a flat earther’s flat model of a flat earth on a flat surface in their flat while eating a pancake.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Wolverhampton should be ashamed of themselves. They just came to spoil, constantly in the referees ear. Never made any effort to mount meaningful attacks. The sort of team that should be banished back to the Championship where they belong. My Villa supporting relative was right about them all along.
And almost beat us ! What does that say about us then ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
3rd week of Jan has to be the flattest week of the year just generally, then throw in a miserable Monday evening KO, and you have flatter than a flat earther’s flat model of a flat earth on a flat surface in their flat while eating a pancake.
A crap crepe?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A point and a delicious pre-match WSU chicken & ham pie... that's about it. Not even a Gross turn to raise a muted cheer. :nono:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
And almost beat us ! What does that say about us then ?
We got dragged down to their level unfortunately. Hate these sorts of teams. Probably the dullest game of the season on paper before a ball is kicked, no wonder the audience weren't up for it.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
The real concern is that we are not winning nearly enough matches at home. Draws against sides lower than us. Wolves didn’t park the bus and looked more likely to score.

Positive two clean sheets in a row but also no goals scored in these games

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
I'd say Buonanotte's header on the goal line was the best chance either side had, but even if you don't think it was, it was good enough a chance that it stops their's being the best 'by far'.
On that subject, he got brushed off the ball far too easily throughout and overall contribution was poor. Yes he is young and still learning etc etc but I’m still to be convinced that he has got what it takes.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
On that subject, he got brushed off the ball far too easily throughout and overall contribution was poor. Yes he is young and still learning etc etc but I’m still to be convinced that he has got what it takes.
Weird how two people can view the game so differently. I thought he was physically at it last night. He got in between Wolves players and defenders to block off well, won the ball back a few times. Solid 6 out of 10 in a generally lethargic team performance

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Weird how two people can view the game so differently. I thought he was physically at it last night. He got in between Wolves players and defenders to block off well, won the ball back a few times. Solid 6 out of 10 in a generally lethargic team performance
I agree. I thought he won a number of challenges very well

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here