Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Tonight (Wolves)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Not a good performance and a rather frustrating night. A few positives:

- another clean sheet
- a point which is the most we deserved. On another day we lose that as they had the best chances by far
- Steele did well
- Lamptey back
- One game closer to getting some players back. We desperately need some real width.

If you can’t win don’t lose I suppose.
Can not disagree with anything you said here we didn’t deserve to win and they didn’t deserve to lose

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've managed to get home and still intact!

Been one of those days.

Daughter used my car, my "football" keep warm coat in the boot. Fortunately my other car had a work coat in it.
Forgot my vape juice, so stopped at a vape shop and somehow lost my wallet in the shop/car park. No one has found it.
6 sets of road works, one full on diversion, adding an hour to my journey coming home.
Went to the loo getting home (lucky my Willy remains intact) the toilet constantly run after flushing, I know what's wrong but it took 1/2 hour to sort out.
Run out of heating oil. Think someone has helped themselves to, sadly not the first time where I live despite security lights etc. I checked it last week and had 300 litres left. 😡 Now need to bring forward my next delivery.

WE DIDN'T LOSE

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Milner. He still has it, skill, movement, passing. If only he wasn't invisible his team mates would see him more often and use him.

I’d say the main positive is we have had greater practice playing against a style of football we will become wearisomely familiar with at the Amex, deep defending and counterattacking. Next up Palace will play that way, Everton will play that way, Forest probably too. So come on Bob, come up with something against that style of football, you’ve got hours of video tape to watch. Surely the set pieces have got to improve, we get plenty against those tactics

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’d say the main positive is we have had greater practice playing against a style of football we will become wearisomely familiar with at the Amex, deep defending and counterattacking. Next up Palace will play that way, Everton will play that way, Forest probably too. So come on Bob, come up with something against that style of football, you’ve got hours of video tape to watch. Surely the set pieces have got to improve, we get plenty against those tactics
Indeed.

Tonight was performance art project stuff.

Also, from before KO it was as if most of the crowd wished they weren't there. I seem to recall singing only twice. And on one of the two times I sang 'good old sausage by the sea' for old times' sake. And I tutted at some of the passing.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Cote D'Ivoire dumped out of the Africa Cup Of Nations, so Adingra will be available for selection from the weekend.
RDZ didn't pick up yet another yellow card, after the benches had a coming together
Confirmation that Webster is not a left back
Unfortunately Ghana letting in two late goals has screwed us. Going to need some very lucky results tomorrow for them to not go through.

- Cameroon must win
-Algeria minimum draw
-Tunisia win or namibia min point
-Congo and Zambia min point

Odds 27.1/1.

Another positive, palarse fans enjoy telling us how they have the best two centre backs in the league. They have conceded more goals than us.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Wolves decided not to fully commit to their counter attacks.
The groundsman will be delighted with so little wear on the right wing.
No injuries.
Hinshelwood AGAIN.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Despite the talk about the benefit of the winter training break in Dubai on last season's results, the first match back was the absolute stinker at Charlton. We seemed to improve after that!

Win the next match and we are back to level on points with last season.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Indeed.

Also, from before KO it was as if most of the crowd wished they weren't there. I seem to recall singing only twice. And on one of the two times I sang 'good old sausage by the sea' for old times' sake. And I tutted at some of the passing.
I brought Liz in the West for her first game of the season, and was regretting it from the moment we got off the train at Falmer….Monday night football seems to suck the life out of the younger crew (who generally provide the atmosphere in the North), and everyone else seems to be in whinge-mode from the first minute (“what’s the ref doing farting around on the touchline….why are we kicking off 30 seconds late…?”)
Anyway, we left on 88 mins and got back to our bolt hole in London before midnight!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Indeed.

Strange night.

Even ahead of the game, ie on here etc, it all felt a bit flat - no real excitement for what was, incredibly, our first home fixture of 2024, and the first time at the Amex since the scintillating Spurs game. That vibe continued to the Amex itself - there was no real buzz at all.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Not a good performance and a rather frustrating night. A few positives:

- another clean sheet
- a point which is the most we deserved. On another day we lose that as they had the best chances by far
- Steele did well
- Lamptey back
- One game closer to getting some players back. We desperately need some real width.

If you can’t win don’t lose I suppose.
Yes, Lamptey came on as a sub, but if no one is going to give him the ball, then what's the point?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The main positive is the point.
We have lost that game so many times, we were fortunate that Wolves did not commit many to their attacks but credit to Jason Steele for keeping them when they did break through.

I thought Wolves put in an excellent away performance and the deserved the point they came here for, I'm just glad they did not poach all three

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wolverhampton should be ashamed of themselves. They just came to spoil, constantly in the referees ear. Never made any effort to mount meaningful attacks. The sort of team that should be banished back to the Championship where they belong. My Villa supporting relative was right about them all along.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here