Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from today

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
My realisation midway through the second half that Villa have the highest 'potential to be an Orc' player ratio of any other team in the prem. Paint Ings and Mcginn green and you have two Orcs capable of going straight into a LOTR remake. Mings painted green and yiu have an Uruk Hai. Young possibly too, because of his hunched over shoulders and gait, but he'd technically be quite a pretty Orc.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Quickest departure ever, back home by 5-30. Incredible.

I'm taking the positives, trusting the process and we go again in December. Something like that anyway

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Welbeck and March outstanding players that wouuldve done even better had teammates passed to Welbeck and had Gross not played o the side of March as Solly didnt get the link up play from teammates.

Colwill definitely, huge potential. Hopefully with Chelsea on their third manager by the end of the season, they will have forgot all about him.

I didn’t think we were that bad today, without Dunk and Mac’s schoolboy blunders, this place would be singing in one voice how wonderful we are in fifth.

Yes the multiple passing around their box was too intricate to penetrate a packed defence but that’s why we have more direct runners like Mitoma shifted up front by RDZ. Not today alas

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Positives:
1) Colwill
2) The full and unequivocal confirmation that any team which plays in claret and blue are ****s.
3) Friend took me to The Flint House for a belated birthday dinner.

1. Thought Colwill was very promising given his inexperience. Excellent passing and calm on the ball. At least one superb saving tackle. Gutted for him he missed the free header. Seriously hope we have some hidden agreement to buy at the end of the season.

2. March looked positive and confident in the second half. Some great 1 touch stuff generally between the front 6, just unfortunately no end product today against a committed and well drilled defence.

3. De Zerbi yellow card. Great to see him getting involved!

4. Didn't have to endure Sweet Caroline at the full time whistle.

5. Cycled back to Lewes in 15 minutes rather than suffering the train queue.
Agree with all. Number 4?! Grow up.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
1. Thought Colwill was very promising given his inexperience. Excellent passing and calm on the ball. At least one superb saving tackle. Gutted for him he missed the free header. Seriously hope we have some hidden agreement to buy at the end of the season.

2. March looked positive and confident in the second half. Some great 1 touch stuff generally between the front 6, just unfortunately no end product today against a committed and well drilled defence.

3. De Zerbi yellow card. Great to see him getting involved!

4. Didn't have to endure Sweet Caroline at the full time whistle.

5. Cycled back to Lewes in 15 minutes rather than suffering the train queue.
No.2 Very good point and showed maturity from March as he didn't drop his head after their defender seemed to have his number in the first half.

Have to disagree no1. I thought Colwill flattered to deceive. Strolls about nicely but kept liking to stop still and put his foot on the ball which slowed us down

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I hate this world cup. I hate the corruption in its initial award. I hate the impact to human lives in the preparation. I think it's madness to expect elite footballers to play a game every 4 days in those conditions, right in the middle of a season.

I'm glad we're not going into it on a 4 game winning streak, losing momentum because of it would have made it even worse.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
4 reds in 186 PL games for a CB isn’t overly bad TBF.
I reckon it is bad, and that he's in the top 5 or 10 with that record (although I don't have the stats). He also should have got one against Everton away a couple of seasons back after a few minutes (and conceded a penalty). But it's not just the reds, there are mistakes in him, and yesterday's penalty was one of them, as was the one last week. Dunk is pretty much immune from criticism on here, and I do understand why, but I'm not convinced it's fair on other players when we're accessing their performances that one has such immunity.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I reckon it is bad, and that he's in the top 5 or 10 with that record (although I don't have the stats). He also should have got one against Everton away a couple of seasons back after a few minutes (and conceded a penalty). But it's not just the reds, there are mistakes in him, and yesterday's penalty was one of them, as was the one last week. Dunk is pretty much immune from criticism on here, and I do understand why, but I'm not convinced it's fair on other players when we're accessing their performances that one has such immunity.
Own goals too…?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’m starting to think our title charge is over

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Driving straight out of the Bridge car park having left my seat on 89 mins and semi-jogged back to my car.
It saved me an hour plus no frustration or wondering why I bother.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree with some of that, but also one of his reds was a ref error (M Dean esq). Not sure he’s immune…….player rating thread from yesterday is pretty balanced.

Stats are linked below - don’t know about current players but he’s joint 41st since football was invented.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree with some of that, but also one of his reds was a ref error (M Dean esq). Not sure he’s immune…….player rating thread from yesterday is pretty balanced.

Stats are linked below - don’t know about current players but he’s joint 41st since football was invented.

I'd say that player ratings for yesterday is the first universally poor one he's got.
Thanks for posting that list: I make it that only one player still playing is on that list above him (Huddlestone with 5 -- is he still playing? I know he's not in the PL); of those with Dunk on four, Benteke has just eloped, and then there's Ronaldo who's about to up ship and, finally, Xhaka

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bet he told him to use a different option now and again though too….. Villa sussed it midway through the first half.
Well, we know it is RDZs preferred move for a defender but it probably takes a bit of time to figure out when and how often it should be done... hopefully they know why though, personally I don't know the purpose of it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

All the defence in the last few years have mistakes in them, possibly the most consistent over the last two years is Veltman, who Brentford away apart, I can’t remember playing poorly.

I feel this has been Dunk’s poorest season in the PL so far IMO, but generally I think the ratings are relatively fair and objective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here