Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from today

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well, we know it is RDZs preferred move for a defender but it probably takes a bit of time to figure out when and how often it should be done... hopefully they know why though, personally I don't know the purpose of it.
GP was similar though, but a little faster, whereas RDZ looks to delay, until the player with the ball is closed down.

It narrows the angle and feels higher risk to me, but they obviously practice it and different scenarios

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
From what is saw it was a poor performance from Solly who 99% of the time couldn't get past Digne
It's funny how we all look at things differently. I saw the March versus Digne battle as two good players up against each other and because both were playing well they kind of cancelled each other out. Solly was trying to take Digne on - something which I like to see him do - but Digne defended well. Second half Solly kept going and got the better of Digne a few times, should also have had a penalty.

I don't like the way Villa play the game once they have the lead but think the ref was really to blame for letting them get away with it constantly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's funny how we all look at things differently. I saw the March versus Digne battle as two good players up against each other and because both were playing well they kind of cancelled each other out. Solly was trying to take Digne on - something which I like to see him do - but Digne defended well. Second half Solly kept going and got the better of Digne a few times, should also have had a penalty.

I don't like the way Villa play the game once they have the lead but think the ref was really to blame for letting them get away with it constantly.
Agreed, Solly got stopped dead twice as he tried to go around Digne but he didn't hide and kept going. you have to give opposition players credit when they play well not suggest that the Albion player was poor. I thought Solly played as well as most overall tbh. There was only one person running around the pitch who had an absolute nightmare.....

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia

I must admit it was a 6am kick-off here and I was struggling to keep my eyes open. I didn't see the final third, or the penalty that never was.

Either way it's good to see Solly giving it a go!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here