Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor show BHAFC very poor show.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You don't get a choice on size. My daughter, soon to be 10, is still too small for hers. I'm currently writing a venomous letter to Mr Barber.

Odd. I'm pretty much pro club re: this thread in general, but as far as the scheme is concerned, I'd have thought someone at the club would have a reasonable idea of the size of an average 7 year old.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Odd. I'm pretty much pro club re: this thread in general, but as far as the scheme is concerned, I'd have thought someone at the club would have a reasonable idea of the size of an average 7 year old.
I presume they go for the larger end of average so that parents with really tall/fat kids don't start threads on here moaning.

If my son's class is anything to go by then working out the average size of shirt to supply for any age group is nigh on impossible.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Team Club! I was actually amazed that my youngest got one on his 7th birthday last July as I thought they'd stopped doing it after Withdean. In fact I'm sure they did as my eldest was seven in second season of the Amex and never got one. Did I strop? No, because it was an incredibly generous gesture in the first place.

Both of my kids were junior seagulls within their first month. By waiting until just before her seventh it does look like your only doing it to freeload.

In terms of size you actually get a voucher to take to the shop and choose the shirt you want!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I presume they go for the larger end of average so that parents with really tall/fat kids don't start threads on here moaning.

If my son's class is anything to go by then working out the average size of shirt to supply for any age group is nigh on impossible.
Fair enough. I know it's a freebie and all that, but perhaps it wouldn't be unreasonable to offer a choice of two or three sizes.

Not XL though!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can I just give a shout out to everyone still using the term 'junior seagulls' - proper fans :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who said my daughter was average?!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
He's gone to beddie bye byes everyone. We have to wait and see if he admonishes himself.

Or just realises he made a bit of a freeloading tit of himself.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Who said my daughter was average?!

Nobody did! You merely said that a shirt provided for a 7 year old was still too large for a 10 year old. Yes, kids do vary in size, but the general impression your post gave (or at least the way I read it) was that the club hadn't quite got its sizing right.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nobody did! You merely said that a shirt provided for a 7 year old was still too large for a 10 year old. Yes, kids do vary in size, but the general impression your post gave (or at least the way I read it) was that the club hadn't quite got its sizing right.
The point I was trying to make was simply that you didn't get to choose your size (she got what was posted to us), although I see above that now you collect from the shop, you get to choose.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Such a great gesture from the club. Would be a shame if they axed it because of ungrateful moaners. The end.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I would suggest that this thread is not NSC's finest hour either.

OP posts on an issue which is a genuine grievance and all he gets back are a bunch of smartarse comments and abuse about how the club is right and he is wrong.

If you read this whole thread through it comes across as pretty pathetic tbh.

Maybe the OP should have emailed PB instead of airing his grievances on here.
Stating he might walk away after 40 years because he didn't get a free shirt is ludicrous.
Hence all the responses.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Or maybe some fans didn't have the time to read about the offer? Knowing about some of Mouldy Boots' more important and serious things that he has to deal with at the moment, he's had to take some unpleasant abuse on here that he certainly doesn't need.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Or maybe some fans didn't have the time to read about the offer? Knowing about some of Mouldy Boots' more important and serious things that he has to deal with at the moment, he's had to take some unpleasant abuse on here that he certainly doesn't need.
Perhaps he shouldn't be posting stuff about a free Albion shirt then.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
I think its a great gesture by the club my boy looks the bizness in his free replica shirt lol

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Oh come on, in general Mouldy hasn't got too much stick. And as an NSC regular surely he'll be able to handle it - as he says himself a few pages back.

Mouldy, you need to see it from the clubs position. If someone try's to sign their kid up a few weeks before their 7th birthday, it looks for all the world like a freeloader trying it on, rather than a lifelong fan introducing another potential lifelong fan. There is absolutely no guarantee that all junior seagulls are going to go on to spend thousands, in fact it's highly likely they won't.

It isn't personal from them and I daresay if you and Jr Mouldy were there in person it might have been a different story as you could have explained the situation. If you have any other children you should sign them up in advance.

You should be thankful she likes football, my eldest only watches the Albion because I force him. Same with F1. Sad times when Minecraft is more important to a youngster than sport.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!

Fair enough if he has more important things to deal with, but one cannot blame the club and post on here calling them very poor and flounce threatening to walk away from the club, because one has missed out on a generous offer and then expect automatic empathy from fellow fans.
It's not personal, most just don't agree with him.
I'm sure the 'abuse' if any is all tongue-in-cheek.
And don't forget one kind poster offered to pay half!!!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe the OP should have emailed PB instead of airing his grievances on here.
Stating he might walk away after 40 years because he didn't get a free shirt is ludicrous.
Hence all the responses.
I suppose you could argue a case that anyone who has supported the Albion for 40 years deserves a free shirt!
:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here