Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pompey 58m in debt!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I had a great dislike of all things Pompey before I read that, words cannot adequately describe how outraged I am by this, if true of course.
Now hold on a minute. Let's not start worrying if something's true before getting outraged.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Now hold on a minute. Let's not start worrying if something's true before getting outraged.

Its pretty solid - its reported in The News alongside the latest quotes from the administrator.

Disgrace.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I just don't understand why every Pompey fan isn't mobilising, protesting, doing something to raise the game on this one. They all appear so apathetic. Take a look at their message board and there are still pricks on there circulating gags about Southampton and calling them scum. FFS, they are about to go out of existence and they all appear to just assume they are going to either a) be bailed out or b) just start up again. I'm assuming if it's the latter and they are allowed then they'll have to share a ground, in which case with whom?

I can't believe they haven't been trying to mobilise other fans. Instead they appear to behave like they don't need or want any help and the few I encountered at the Amex were fat on arrogance and thoroughly dislikable when it came to their attitude towards what had happened at Pompey. This is a big club about to go out of business and I'm amazed that it has got to a stage where none of us (me included) seem to care.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

It's in the creditors report, not the value but they are listed.

Attachments

• Pompey.png
    Pompey.png
    225.9 KB · Views: 75

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
www.pkf.co.uk/web/pkf.nsf/82D34E3438E9E594802579DC0052E1E9/$file/pkfjaproposals.pdf

St johns ambulance only owed £6000 this time (p32 onwards for the latest list of people being screwed by Portsmouth)

That link didn't work, does anyone else have one, as I'd be very interested to see the list of creditors.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why do groups like the St Johns, who have been shafted once, allow themselves to be owed £6000 again? Surely they could just withhold their services without payment up front? The matches cannot proceed without them.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Over £9m to the HMRC; Local police authorities; Some very small businesses; charities; individuals; and a couple of schools.

Never mind, eh? At least the footballers are first in the queue.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Try this:

PKF - PKF Appointed Administrators of Portsmouth FC

It is the joint administrators proposal - page 32 onwards.

Cheers.

So, there is no value "claimed" by the Poppy Appeal at this stage, so, to be absolutely fair, they may not owe them anything.

But,
King Edward VI School £40k!!! FFS.
Steve Bone, Shaun Emberson-Brooks, Vicky Dymott, Kim Davies, Debbie Edwards, D Fitzharris, Diane Fitzgerald, Lisa Rodgerson, Shaun Allaway, Ian Vosper, Alison White, Victoria Jane Warren : just locals who have done some work for them (by the looks of it), being stung for peanuts to a football club, but that's bills being paid at home.

Then what looks like businesses who are NOT limited companies, which would mean any money THEY owe will be personal debts. People could lose their HOMES to pay their debts which they cannot pay because of that disgrace of a Football Club.

Lindley Catering - £128k!!
Lee Maybury - £44k
McKenzie Clark - £28k.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
From memory the school give parking facilities - or it might be training - it isn't a state funded school so some might say they can afford to carry the loss :lol: but they will have budgetted for the income (their accountants will have made them even if everyone knew they'd never see the dosh!). Wherever you look on that list there are instances of goodwill and local community pride in being involved with "their" football club......................... and all being royally abused by a bunch of chancers and money launderers :rant:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I also see that “Portsmouth City Football Club (In Liquidation)” are still owed £16.5m!!!

Does anyone know whether that is classed as a "football debt" and will therefore HAVE to be settled in full out of future incomes like teh debts to WBA and Wolves etc? I'm guessing NOT, in which case, if that gets settled at say 5p in the £, that will massively reduce the already meagre pot that is paying a fraction of teh debt owed the last time round.

Disgusting, absolutely DISGUSTING.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Among the other known creditors are Domino’s Pizza, schools, Southampton Football Club, The Poppy Appeal charity, Real Betis Football Club and Wembley Stadium.:

That does suggest the Portsmouth News is possibly as crap as the Football Club. From looking through the report, those named ARE listed as potential creditors, but that could just mean they are a former creditor of the company, the key bit is the value they "claim" they are owed. Of the examples teh Portsmouth News gave.

Dominos Pizza - Amount claimed, £nil.
Southampton FC - Amount claimed, £nil.
The Poppy Appeal - Amount claimed, £nil.
Real Betis FC - Amount claimed, £nil.
Wembley Stadium - Amount claimed, £nil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here