Pompey 58m in debt!

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
This was the dream

hmstadium1.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Assets can be everything apart from land and fabric of building. It can be players, turf, seats, light bulbs, copper pipes etc etc.

Assets stripped there could be a lot of dough.

you'll have to point me to their £37.9m worth of players because i cant see there being much resale value in the fixtures and fitting round that shit hole. the ground is the only real asset a club have and if i were an administrator or owner owned loads i'd sperate the ground from the club before selling on... oh. image rights and future revenue are about the only thing they have, which they need to run. so how did they get away with booking a sale of £38m, to be paid back in the future? meanwhile, by being the majority creditor, you can always block any CVA, ensure its on your terms or whatever. if you are owed that money and now its half as much, that can be booked as a loss? i dont know, but theres a smell about it all. see them write off debts again and start over again.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
you'll have to point me to their £37.9m worth of players because i cant see there being much resale value in the fixtures and fitting round that shit hole. the ground is the only real asset a club have and if i were an administrator or owner owned loads i'd sperate the ground from the club before selling on... oh. image rights and future revenue are about the only thing they have, which they need to run. so how did they get away with booking a sale of £38m, to be paid back in the future? meanwhile, by being the majority creditor, you can always block any CVA, ensure its on your terms or whatever. if you are owed that money and now its half as much, that can be booked as a loss? i dont know, but theres a smell about it all. see them write off debts again and start over again.

There players and ground as there only assets should be sold to pay off all debts, the ground should have all restrictions removed and be sold with planning permision for a high rise tower block

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
If they go out of business S'hampton may turn their rivalry onto us, nearest club, South coast rivals etc etc

Perhaps the £37m "owed" to the previous administrators just might be the liabilities due over the next 5 years under the 2010 CVA; does anyone really think that Chainrai used any of his own his own money to buy the club as Leibherr did when he bought the Scummers?
The club don't own Fratton Park; it was sold to Chainrai prior to him selling Pompey to Antonov.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Even if they sold the pitch to build luxury riverside flats on, they would surely never get £58m for it.

Are they including deferred tax as an asset? Surely not.

Is Fratton really the sort of area that one builds luxury flats on though? I'm not convinced. It's a crap area.

Unless they can pull off yet another dodgy deal, I can't see who will possibly pay to take over £58m worth of debts, loaded on to a 3rd division team (we hope). Even the players who are deemed to be assets won't fetch big prices because of relegation and the fact that buying clubs know PFC are desperate. Well, that, and the fact that most of the players are pretty rubbish.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good. Liquidate. f*** off and start again like aldershot etc

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Rangers' proposed situation for the next two seasons makes me laugh. 10 point deduction at the start of each season? In a league which is fought out between two dominant teams, one of which will be Rangers (regardless of point deduction), who will play Celtic 3 times (which would almost negate the points lost if they win all of them), it seems like a complete get out of jail card to me.

They've f***ed up financially, massively, and the worst that could possibly happen would be that they finish 3rd.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Even if they sold the pitch to build luxury riverside flats on, they would surely never get £58m for it.

Are they including deferred tax as an asset? Surely not.

Don't forget they are still owed parachute money which is an asset, and I assume they have put a valuation on being a championship club (will obviously be worth less next year as a 1st division club).

Saw a story on Sky the other day that Kanu is negotiating a pay-off to leave so he can join a club in Qatar, given the huge salary he has been drawing, and not playing, the only negotiation should be which box can I take to put my stuff in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here