Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

Political Compass

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

Your Political Compass​

Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.9​

Surprised me just a little, thought I be bang on central or if anything around 1 to right and 1 to Authoritarian

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
AlmerĆ­a

Your Political Compass​

Economic Left/Right: -8.0​

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.56​

Anarchy in the Uk. Right, I'm off to read some more Bakunin

I've long said that NSC is a hotbed of anarchism. Seems some of our fellow posters are only just waking up to this truism.

We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as sort of executive officer for the week.
Post in thread 'Albanian narco gangs.' https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/albanian-narco-gangs.399974/post-10597496

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I'm surprised. I always thought of myself as right leaning but can't agree with the questions about multi nationals.

Screenshot_2023-10-01-12-48-46-83_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Here's an interesting couple of Compasses. One of where the major UK parties were from 1970's to 2017

compass time.jpeg

And one of where they were at the 2019 election
compass2019.jpg

Attachments

• compass2019.jpg
    compass2019.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
321CC7E1-C2DC-4A7B-81E8-4CB7DABB094F.jpeg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So we all sit in the green, and all the political parties sit in the red.

Something is wrong here

As long as a significant proportion of the electorate keep voting on the colour of the rosette and don't look at actual policies there is :wink:

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Left, Libertarian

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231002-093244.png
    Screenshot_20231002-093244.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 17

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Your Political Compass​

Economic Left/Right: -8.0​

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.56​

Anarchy in the Uk. Right, I'm off to read some more Bakunin
I find that reassuring, having once mistaken your Attlee for a certain Powell :ohmy:

:lolol:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

Something is wrong here

Absolutely. Thereā€™s an attempt to keep making the ā€œcentreā€ further right, and actually we as individuals are not moving right, but many are massively afraid of being seen as on the left, as the media have done a bang up job of painting the left as ā€œbleeding heartsā€, ā€œnaiveā€ and ā€œagainst those of us who work for a livingā€ - whereas the truth is exactly the reverse. Thereā€™s fear of not being seen as ā€œsoundā€ by the tribe.

Similarly the centre-right do not understand why they are so vilified by the left, and are repulsed by the leftā€™s attitude to them, and that needs to stop too. I can understand why some on the left feel ā€œTory Scumā€ etc. is justified having seen what this particular incarnation of the Conservatives has done to this country, but the only people who voted for this are a tiny number of Conservative Party members, who arenā€™t representative of the general population, or even a lot of traditional Conservative voters. The party has been hijacked by vultures. Vilifying those who voted based on what the party used to be have surely seen enough to realise whatā€™s happened to it.

We absolutely need to redefine where the centre ground is, further to the left of where it is now, because thatā€™s where we all actually are. Easy to say, far tougher to do.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Absolutely. Thereā€™s an attempt to keep making the ā€œcentreā€ further right, and actually we as individuals are not moving right, but many are massively afraid of being seen as on the left, as the media have done a bang up job of painting the left as ā€œbleeding heartsā€, ā€œnaiveā€ and ā€œagainst those of us who work for a livingā€ - whereas the truth is exactly the reverse. Thereā€™s fear of not being seen as ā€œsoundā€ by the tribe.

Similarly the centre-right do not understand why they are so vilified by the left, and are repulsed by the leftā€™s attitude to them, and that needs to stop too. I can understand why some on the left feel ā€œTory Scumā€ etc. is justified having seen what this particular incarnation of the Conservatives has done to this country, but the only people who voted for this are a tiny number of Conservative Party members, who arenā€™t representative of the general population, or even a lot of traditional Conservative voters. The party has been hijacked by vultures. Vilifying those who voted based on what the party used to be have surely seen enough to realise whatā€™s happened to it.

We absolutely need to redefine where the centre ground is, further to the left of where it is now, because thatā€™s where we all actually are. Easy to say, far tougher to do.
The centre is a load of old nonsense, although -- like the Tories -- it's an extremely popular load of old nonsense. You've pretty much illustrated why it is a load of old nonsense in this post. Mind you, the political compass is a load of old nonsense too.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Something is wrong here
probably depends who is answering on behalf of parties, then there's personal preference against pragmatism of public policy.

i'm pretty sure the compass results have been skewed right, there is no way our current and previous few governments are that far right economically (which is supposed to be the measure for the x axis). maybe the metrics have changed, i remember more economic questions.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The centre is a load of old nonsense, although -- like the Tories -- it's an extremely popular load of old nonsense. You've pretty much illustrated why it is a load of old nonsense in this post. Mind you, the political compass is a load of old nonsense too.

It's all relative. 'The centre' is always relative to an individuals views, and parties moving left and right, up and down, are relative to where those parties were when the individual first started to take an interest in politics.

All the political compass does is allows an individual to compare their thoughts on a set of pre-defined questions to those stated by famous people, political parties, Governments around the world etc. 'The centre' could be put anywhere :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here