Political Compass

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agree that some of the questions are a bit odd, but…

View attachment 167312
I'm very similar. Who knew? ??? :wink:

1696064395742.png

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
There are some odd ones! I say yes to museums, no to theatres....

This is also a strange question - "A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system" I mean, it would be difficult to strongly disagree with this, it doesn't mean that a one-party state is a good thing.
If anyone posts results on here showing them as quite right wing, we should scream for a policeman. Or give them a link to GB News to apply for a job. I struggle to see how you can get there without wanting to curb all civil liberties, have the plebs in poverty and execute all shoplifters, Basically, be in favour of Sharia Law which would make them rather conflicted.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There are some odd ones! I say yes to museums, no to theatres....

This is also a strange question - "A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system" I mean, it would be difficult to strongly disagree with this, it doesn't mean that a one-party state is a good thing.
It is about whether having no arguments is an 'advantage'. I would argue that even if our government exactly reflected my views of the moment, it would be dangerous to have no argument about decisions. I'm a scientist so my stock in trade is to find ways of arguing against orthodoxy and then finding ways to test whether I'm right. This is why I like VAR, and it find it odd that others would prefer to not know whether a decision made by some other bastard is correct. The idea that it is better to accept a wrong decision than a method to argue against it is surely a rubric for passive-minded escapists? If there are problems then we should simply try to make VAR better. If we elect a shit government we simply vote the buggers out; we don't say 'f*** democracy, lets have a dictatorship'.

But the poll isn't about the truth. It is about how we feel about things. If you think a question is stupid that's perfectly valid :thumbsup:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If anyone posts results on here showing them as quite right wing, we should scream for a policeman. Or give them a link to GB News to apply for a job. I struggle to see how you can get there without wanting to curb all civil liberties, have the plebs in poverty and execute all shoplifters, Basically, be in favour of Sharia Law which would make them rather conflicted.

Or the Home Secretary :wink:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
-1, -3 ish
Think most people on here are going to be in that green square, yet still constant political nitpicking and tit for tat on almost every thread.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
That would make our current government even harder to explain.
Even if it was true that most of Britain falls into the green quadrant (and I don't know whether it actually is), political votes are swayed by 1) the specific person and personality representing the party and 2) the specific political measures that are pushed by the party in practice in that particular campaign. Their very general ideological alignment matters a bit less to people than those two things.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not stunned by mine but thought I would be more central

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-30-21-10-56-88_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-30-21-10-56-88_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 30

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Even if it was true that most of Britain falls into the green quadrant (and I don't know whether it actually is), political votes are swayed by 1) the specific person and personality representing the party and 2) the specific political measures that are pushed by the party in practice in that particular campaign. Their very general ideological alignment matters a bit less to people than those two things.

Also there's the fact that many have been convinced to vote against their own interests and those of society at large. There are surveys that show that the UK public lean to the left on various social and economic issues but the way they vote doesn't always tally with this. Ostensibly, the electorate believe a fairer society isn't workable. Not hard to guess why.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
-1, -3 ish
Think most people on here are going to be in that green square, yet still constant political nitpicking and tit for tat on almost every thread.
There is a tiny number from the blue square who spend most of their waking lives trying to blow sand into our vaginas.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Screenshot_20230930_220323_Chrome.jpg
I think this proves that it's a load of bollocks.😄

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Got a bit of an issue with this quiz. The first question is very loaded.

Screenshot_20230930-210435.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230930-210435.png
    Screenshot_20230930-210435.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 17

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports