perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
enParties.gif

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
-3.5, -3.38

But those questions are far too binary. Should the state support theatres and museums? No - apart from pandemics. And do I think "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" is fundamentally a good idea? A good idea, yes. Workable with humans, no. Same goes for free market and trickle down. There are several philosophies that could work in theory but won't in practice. All I really remember from my Economics A Level is the first line - the economic problem is man's insatiable desire for goods and services. And that rings true for most things.

But the wording of those questions will mark me as a Marxist. Which I am not. Seems to be - do you think these left wing ideas could work in practice but should we have these right wing ideas.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
IMG_7150.jpeg

I’d describe myself as quite centrist, but this is where I end up when I go through the process.

EDIT: as @Dick Swiveller points out above, the questions seem skewed toward either labelling us as lefties or agreeing with some bloody insane propositions.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's quite interesting comparing your results against other well known people with well known political views, regardless of where you come on the compass. I suspect that a lot of people are surprised by who their results place them closer to :wink:

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Can't seem to copy the picture on my phone but I am almost dead in the middle. Just about in the top right corner of the green square, whatever that means !

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
-3.5, -3.38

But those questions are far too binary. Should the state support theatres and museums? No - apart from pandemics. And do I think "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" is fundamentally a good idea? A good idea, yes. Workable with humans, no. Same goes for free market and trickle down. There are several philosophies that could work in theory but won't in practice. All I really remember from my Economics A Level is the first line - the economic problem is man's insatiable desire for goods and services. And that rings true for most things.

But the wording of those questions will mark me as a Marxist. Which I am not. Seems to be - do you think these left wing ideas could work in practice but should we have these right wing ideas.
There are some odd ones! I say yes to museums, no to theatres....

This is also a strange question - "A significant advantage of a one-party state is that it avoids all the arguments that delay progress in a democratic political system" I mean, it would be difficult to strongly disagree with this, it doesn't mean that a one-party state is a good thing.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Your Political Compass​

Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95​

more or less in the middle of the green left Libertarian...

is that good ?

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
So it turns out that most of Britain falls into the green square, I’d like to see @dsr-burnley have a pop at this. We disagree on lots, but he’s not one of the trolls I’ve got on ignore.

I’m wondering if for Britain, we only need the green quadrant to express our range of views. That would be lovely, but would make our current government even harder to explain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports