Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please TB don't even think about appointing Jones

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Do you want me to take time out to quote the thousands of negeative comments about him?

I'm having a conversation with you and you make that remark as if you were accusing me of saying that. Please don't deny it.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Looking at the key characteristics people are looking for

1: Experienced
2: Charismatic
3: Knows how to get teams into the top division
4: English

I am firmly in the BIG RON ATKINSON camp, with Barry Fry as his assistant.

I am firmly in the BIG ROWAN ATKINSON camp, with Stephen Fry as his assistant.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Do you want me to take time out to quote the thousands of negeative comments about him?

Thousands of negative comments ? Yes I would like you to quote those out actually. A vocal minority I would suggest and certainly not thousands. Not that any of us have experience or reasonable insight to make those negative comments

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'm having a conversation with you and you make that remark as if you were accusing me of saying that. Please don't deny it.

Where did I accuse you of saying he was shit? I didn't. I think you will find that you jumped on a general comment of mine to another user, took it personally, and became defensive.

What I do disagree with you on is your saying that anyone who doesn't mind Jones taking over is clueless.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Now Burke has gone, possibly Oscar may well be happy to return, stranger things have happened

You can never say never, but considering Bloom went public on the fact there were communication issues with Oscar maybe the board wouldn't be too willing to re-appoint him.

But as you say, stranger things have happened!

albionite

May 20, 2009
I liked Oscar and wouldn't say no to that aslong as they backed him with the players he wanted. Sadly no chance of it happening.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Now Burke has gone, possibly Oscar may well be happy to return, stranger things have happened

We can dream, unfortunately Bloom would have to apologise and can't see that happening.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
A new manager coming in would take a good month to get to know the players and vice versa. Then with that being the case he would not know the players we need to recruit in the January transfer window. At least with Jones, he is in a better position than anyone to know what we need, and I don't think we could buy that knowledge at the moment, least of all undermine it.

Had this happened a month ago it would be different, but as it stands now the job has Jones written all over it.

I can't agree with you on the basis that Pulis took over at palace when they were rock bottom and with 3? Points yet he got them to mid table safely with immediate positive results.

Also, Neil Lennon went on an immediate winning streak when he took over at Bolton this season.

With the January window opening next week, an experienced manager would hit the ground running and identify what is needed quickly. The table looks bad but there are plenty of games left and as we all know in this league; 3 or 4 wins on the bounce will see you rapidly climb the table.

I believe we go back to basics, like we did in appointing Gus; appoint someone that Bloom trusts to 'run' the club and put his own plans into place, Pulis is the one. He took Stoke from near relegation to an established premier league team in a few seasons.

The style of football can also be 'directed' at him a little bit. Sam Allardyce has proven that experienced managers can change the way they play if they have the right type of players.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I can't agree with you on the basis that Pulis took over at palace when they were rock bottom and with 3? Points yet he got them to mid table safely with immediate positive results.

Also, Neil Lennon went on an immediate winning streak when he took over at Bolton this season.

With the January window opening next week, an experienced manager would hit the ground running and identify what is needed quickly. The table looks bad but there are plenty of games left and as we all know in this league; 3 or 4 wins on the bounce will see you rapidly climb the table.

I believe we go back to basics, like we did in appointing Gus; appoint someone that Bloom trusts to 'run' the club and put his own plans into place, Pulis is the one. He took Stoke from near relegation to an established premier league team in a few seasons.

The style of football can also be 'directed' at him a little bit. Sam Allardyce has proven that experienced managers can change the way they play if they have the right type of players.

I don’t think Pulis is in the right time of his career to get involved with a long term project. Neil Lennon is a good manager and taken.

If we look at Eddie Howe and Karl Robinson, both young, respected up and coming managers, and who both have a hands on approach with recruitment that works as well. If Nathan Jones can’t step up to the task and do the same now for us, he might as well seek a new career.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Anyone but Hughton, dull dull dull we need someone with a personality after Garcia and Sami. Come on Tony pull out all the stops for Sherwood or Pullis, let's not mess around anymore, Hughton will guarantee dull football and falling season ticket renewals.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Anyone but Hughton, dull dull dull we need someone with a personality after Garcia and Sami. Come on Tony pull out all the stops for Sherwood or Pullis, let's not mess around anymore, Hughton will guarantee dull football and falling season ticket renewals.
Hughton would be my third choice. I for one would be happy with him. I have a sneaky feeling it will be him also

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
You just KNOW we're going to end up with Jones, it's painfully obvious. He will have absolutely no idea who to bring in, the squad will not be improved and I've seen no evidence that he has any tactical nouse. He probably wont do a worse job of motivating the players but will they have faith in him? I wouldn't.

Relegation a certainty if we go for this cheapest of cheap options I reckon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here