Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please TB don't even think about appointing Jones

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We have a big stadium, an average squad, three managers in 18 months and little money, your list shows me no positives whatsoever.

As I said, you appear to be VERY negative in your outlook. BTW do you not think the new training ground is a key piece of our infrastructure? One of our top managerial targets, Hughton, even mentioned it (and our stadium) on Sky, in the context of why Brighton was a good job! Still, I'm sure you're right, no, actually, you're wrong.

Suggest you cheer up.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We pulled back from being 2-0 down to gain a point, something Norwich failed to do today, by changing things around. He started with the team that did well at Wolves, which wasn't surprising.
I'm not saying give Jonah the job, but don't write him off as not having any ideas.

He got lucky with Bent's injury, forcing him to bring on CMS, who had a massive impact. Still, the long throw was good.

He should not even be Assistant Manager / only got that because Sammy Lee opted (correctly) for Stains, and the German guy Sami chased wanted to stay at home, so Nathan was a very poor THIRD choice.

Now some on here want him to be our manager! Ridiculous, especially when we are looking at relegation thanks to the mess Sami, Burke and, to a lesser extent, Nathan caused. He is first team coach at best, but better for us if he gets his P45 (could prevent the required more experienced manager, who will want to bring in his own backroom team, from joining).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Best keep Jones as manager because it doesn't matter who we bring in because we're relegated. Bloom will be pulling his hair out once we're relegated as not only will we be relegated but we're going to get relegated from division one as well. I thought with our staduim and championship footy that I had seen the last of lower league football but maybe we'll always pluchiate between the 3rd and 2nd divisions like the old days.

Tony Bloom has funked up big time and now he'll pay dearly.

That's the spirit. Chin up!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why? Both were players at the clubs they managed. Both had no experience managing before taking over. Both played to the same level they would managed in.

There will be plenty of other examples as well. I am not saying Jones is going to be a good manager just that you can't write him off before he has done anything.

But we just can't afford another gamble AT THIS TIME. Surely, you can see this!?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He is toast unless we run the game and pass Fulham to death and win 2-0

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
As I said, you appear to be VERY negative in your outlook. BTW do you not think the new training ground is a key piece of our infrastructure? One of our top managerial targets, Hughton, even mentioned it (and our stadium) on Sky, in the context of why Brighton was a good job! Still, I'm sure you're right, no, actually, you're wrong.

Suggest you cheer up.
I am actually very happy, I really enjoyed the match on Boxing Day, but I am a realist, so a training ground and a stadium will encourage a new manager who probably won't be here long enough to care or use the fruits of the academy. We need to do better than that to encourage top managers to come here. Our big stadium, which has no tangible bearing on any new manager is currently half full. Good job he doesn't have to park in Bennetts Field or queue for a pie

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Really genuinely do not understand the hatred for Jones apart from one incident years ago with Yeovil. A fantastic player for us and did really well working with Oscar. He can't take the blame for Hyypia's failings.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I don't hate Jones. I didn't write the post because I hate him. I just desperately don't want him to be appointed manager. This is irrespective of the good result I think we're going to get tonight.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

string_bean

Dec 15, 2014
i'm a proud man, a traditional man, i like to have me self a nice tidy full english and a pint down the pub, now if jones gets the job, i will roll my season ticket up and proceed to push it far into my penis hole whilst masturbating furiously

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
How on earth is anyone on here qualified enough to decide Jones is not the right person for the job. Is it because it's not an exciting appointment or a big name?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here