Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please, Please do not appoint Nathan Jones.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Learn from your mistake(s) Tony and get an experienced man in. Squad has enough about it if you do. Dont consider Jones as anything but emergency caretaker.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
What about letting Jones manage match by match, the club do not have to name a manager, just let Jones continue for the time being, if we improve and move to safety, then give him the job. If we lose the next few, then go get an experienced manager.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What about letting Jones manage match by match, the club do not have to name a manager, just let Jones continue for the time being, if we improve and move to safety, then give him the job. If we lose the next few, then go get an experienced manager.

january window... new manager needs his own players, still dream we can get Pulis in

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Please, Please do not appoint the Weasel

That could put us too far behind the rest

Why, looks like everyone had us down for losing tonight, so we are already 3 points ahead. The next game is the cup, so will make no difference to our league position. If we carry on with the momentum and win, then why not.
I do not see him getting the job, my money is on the announcement tomorrow, which will give the new man time to prepare for the cup game

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I see NSC hasn't changed. I've read many posts on this thread that are heavily based on prejudice and ignorance...

Oh sage and virtuous one. Are you back to apologise for your foul mouthed rant towards posters after the ticket office sacking. I thought you swore you would not support the club again.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Assuming that Pulis is out of reach then I am quite happy to see Jones given the reins. I don't want to see Hughton, a borderline journeyman with no connection to the club, given the job by default because our primary target wasn't available. Jones knows the set up, has his coaching badges an appears to be a decent thinker. Dick Knight seemed to have a lot of time for him too.

It just doesn't seem that outlandish to me.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I wouldn't be against him being interim for the season, it's clear that he can get a response from the players and he cares about the club, regardless about what his detractors say.

In an ideal scenario, we'd get an experienced man in and keep him as #2, but that's unlikely.

Gotta admit,much as I disliked Jones in the past and have dissed him on here,I can't hekp but agree with this.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
On a night when we're all feeling happy it seems a shame to dig this up but IF Bloom had sacked Hyppia about a month ago when we had collectively decided that he wasn't up to it then there would have been time to see if Jones grew into the role before the transfer window made a decision vital.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Assuming that Pulis is out of reach then I am quite happy to see Jones given the reins. I don't want to see Hughton, a borderline journeyman with no connection to the club, given the job by default because our primary target wasn't available. Jones knows the set up, has his coaching badges an appears to be a decent thinker. Dick Knight seemed to have a lot of time for him too.

It just doesn't seem that outlandish to me.
Exactly this, people seemed to have forgotten Jones was with us last season and we finished top six. He like a Brighton loving Tim Sherwood.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I certainly want him to stay with the club, whatever happens. You cant deny that he has passion for the Albion after tonight and that is what was lacking, pretty much lacking since the Poyet era.

I wouldnt go as far as putting him as manager yet, personally Id like him to be given a go at Brentford - but because of the merry-go-round which has just kicked off - can we afford to wait ?

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Oh sage and virtuous one. Are you back to apologise for your foul mouthed rant towards posters after the ticket office sacking. I thought you swore you would not support the club again.

Sorry. I have no idea what you are talking about. You may have me mixed up with somebody else. I have never ever posted that I would not support the Club again. Never been foul mouthed on here either. Have no idea what ticket office sacking you refer to. I am totally bemused by your post.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The first half against Reading was shocking.
Very small sample to judge someone on - didn't Jeff Wood do ok in his first few games ???

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Credit where its due 4 points out of 6 is an impressive start. Tonights performance was brilliant and all deserve a pat on the back however, were NJ to be appointed and we went on to lose our next 3 games Tony Bloom will get an unbelievable amount of stick. We require someone who knows how to succeed in this league, not take another punt. Great win but please dont appoint this man. Keep him as a number 2

Perhaps you are right, who really knows. But do you feel that it might be time to stop the name calling ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think that Nathan Jones may well land a managerial appointment elsewhere somewhere soon anyway. A Third/Fourth Division is bound to take a look at some point.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tricky call. He'll have enough to keep us up but not sure how far he can take us forward
If he's definitely got enough to keep us up, it's not a tough call, staying up is all we need this season. If he keeps us up, but no more, we have time to find the right man before the summer. If he's great, then we already have the right man.

That is all on your presumption that he's got enough to keep us up, which is no gimme. Like it or not, we're still in a relegation battle.

Most of us know the song "All About The Bass". In our case it's "All About The Transfer Window"
Is this our FA cup song? I can't see it working.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jones...hmmm...

I was deeply, DEEPLY disturbed that he stuck with the catastrophic Gardner / JFC combo at home v Reading. I'd also wanted to see 2 up front against that feeble mob, because they were utterly pathetic and there for the taking. So at half time on Boxing Day, I'd have been quite happy to have seen Jones in the centre-circle, being fired from a cannon onto the A27 westbound carriageway in the general direction of Hollingbury.

But...after that RANCID first half v Reading, he clearly got a reaction from the players, and they managed to salvage a big point in that game. And he's managed to carry that little bit of belief and momentum through to tonight. He selected a PROPER midfield this time that gave us a solid platform. The team kept its shape, we looked organised and solid, and didn't just grind out or scrape a win, but really took the game to Fulham and deservedly won in some style.

If he actually consciously DECIDED to bin JFC / Gardner (ie it wasn't really forced on him, he was just being kind by saying they were ill instead of shit) then he's starting to win me over. Hopefully Gardner is already back in Birmingham as we speak ironing his Villa reserve shirt, never to darken the Amex pitch again in the stripes, because seriously - he is about as much use as a glass hammer. JFC can have a little mince around on the bench and perhaps have a few cameos while the big boys get on with digging us out of this mess. And as for Jones - I'm willing to see him given a few more games to see if he can continue to build a bit of momentum. All the while the players are turning in performances for him like that, I don't see why we should rush into changing anything.

I'm cautiously warming to Jones perhaps being given the rest of the season. Tough, tough call for TB though, as who really knows if this isn't just a flash in the pan ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here