Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
The first goal was a low cross which their player tucked in from about 5 yards. It's the job of the CENTRE-BACKS to deal with such crosses.

If the ball's five yards out, it's the keeper's job to deal with it. Those were shit conditions for a keeper, but Kuipers was still all over the place today.

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
well I thought we played some very good football today. I am as annoyed as everyone else though with Adams tactics, especially towards the end. When you are 1 up and playing 10 men, you need to keep pressing to kill the game. Often the best defence is attack. Why not bring on Anyinsah for Virgo who was useless and go for another goal.

Murray was sheer class today and I am glad to see the crowd appreciating his talent. Thorton demonstrates what it is like to have a proper winger. I think the team played very well. Adams needs to have a bit more guts to go all out attack when we are winning to get a comfortable cushion

Jimmy Grimble

It was a bloody good strike, surely you have to admit that? One of the best strikes we'll see at Withdean all season from, incidentally, one of the best players we'll see there.

Yeah of course. Didnt expect him to save it.

Jimmy Grimble

Kuipers 6 - Average, poor kicking in the second half and came flapping a lot from their set pieces, didnt see their first goal, though the grumbles arounded me suggested he was at slight fault?

Whing 5 - Tired yet again in the second half and Cheltenham looked to exploit him, 80% of their attacks were down their left hand side at him, gets caught out of position a bit too much for my liking. Virgo should be at right back.

Elphick 6 - Too deep, as was the whole defence

Hawkins 5 - Lost quite a lot in the air today

Richards 6 - Right winger troubled him in the first half

Virgo 5 - He's not a right midfielder Micky - Dont waste him their.

Livermore 6 - average, decent passing, though him and Savage looked a little overun towards the end of the firsr half

Savage 6.5 - Sloppy to start with, but picked up as the game went on, took the ball off of the back 4 ocassionaly.

Thornton 8.5 - Pure quality. Outstanding movement. Magnificent feet. First player we've had for a long time who can buy himself an extra yard while he's on the ball.

Forster 6.5 - Decent, movement was quite poor but played with a good touch.

Murray 9 - Superb performence.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
But if our centre-backs and their striker are five yards out, and the cross goes right in towards their feet, how is the goalkeeper supposed to beat them all to it?

It may not have been his fault, but I think he could have made attempt to do something. He just stood there and watched it. He's one of my favourite players but I think he should take the blame for that goal.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
But if our centre-backs and their striker are five yards out, and the cross goes right in towards their feet, how is the goalkeeper supposed to beat them all to it?

Admittedly, my angle wasn't the best, but it seemed to run right across the face of the goal before Murray stuck it in ... for me, that's the keeper's ball. Nonetheless, the centre backs were equally culpable. Elphick and Hawkins are simply going to leak goals every game they play together.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I did'nt think Kuipers commanded his area at all well today and I got the feeling it was making the defence nervous in front of him, worst I've seen him for a while.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kuipers - 4 - flapping all over the place, from my angle at fault for the first goal as well. Kicking crap. Has his f***-up last week destroyed all confidence?!
Whing - 5 - fairly steady but for the 3rd goal.
Hawkins - 3 - good in the air, rubbish on the deck. Drop him.
Elphick - 6 - generally decent. I don't give a shit if he hoofs it, he's solid.
Richards - 5 - fairly quiet really.
Savage - 7 - strong and tidy
Thornton - 8 - faded, but looks VERY good. sign him up.
Virgo - 2 - total EMBARRASSMENT. Why the hell is he playing there?!?!
Livermore - 7 - good range of passing/tackling..
Murray - 10 - can't ask any more than that
Forster - 4 - lots of running, got nowhere, offside LOADS and sloppy in posession.

Fraser & El-Abd JOKE subs.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Kuipers 7- Not much chance with any of the goals
Whing 5- ist half short classy passing, second half pinging aimless 60 yarders...WHY!!!
Elphick 6- not bad, but makes expensive mistakes AGAIN
Hawkins 4- I assume he is not fit...if so, why is Virgo not in this position
Richards 3- why has he gone backwards under Adams

Virgo 3- not the player we all remember what has happened to him?
Livermore 7- Thought he looked ok, good tackles and a few good balls
Savage 8 - short passing excellent...looks a bit unfit...will be an asset
Thornton 9 One of the best players I have ever seen at the Withdean....if we had any money he is the sort we need

Murray 9- took his goals well, worked hard.
Forster 7- looks not yet fit.....

Fraser 3- why has he gone backwards under Adams?
El Abd 3 - Ditto
Adams 4- I am not impressed yet.

Are we a better team that Wilkins team? That is the question. This current form is relegation form......the nievity of our defence is truly appalling!

Sort it out Adams....sort it bloody well out.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh BTW. The opposition looked like they would score every time they attacked....WHY DO WE MAKE POOR TEAMS LOOK GOOD?

7/10 for the opposition

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Kuipers 5

Whing 5
Elphick 5
Hawkins 5
Richards 6

Livermore 6
Virgo 6
Savage 7
Thornton 7

Forster 6
Murray 9

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
FDM-----6
Whing----6
Richards--5
Hawkins--5
Elphick---7
Livermore-6
Virgo-----5
Savage---7
Thornton-10
Murray----8
Forster----7

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
FDM-----6
Whing----6
Richards--5
Hawkins--5
Elphick---7
Livermore-6
Virgo-----5
Savage---7
Thornton-10
Murray----8
Forster----7

Just out of interest, why does 3 goal man get an 8, in comparison to Thornton's 10?

"Too lazy" i suppose (despite 3 goals and a f*** load of running)?
"Always offside" (twice I counted, in comparison to Forster who was off with every attack)?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Just out of interest, why does 3 goal man get an 8, in comparison to Thornton's 10?

"Too lazy" i suppose (despite 3 goals and a f*** load of running)?
"Always offside" (twice I counted, in comparison to Forster who was off with every attack)?

Did I question your load of bollocks?

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Thorton demonstrates what it is like to have a proper winger.
Just thought I'd say, he is not a winger.
Very good attacking midfielder though
Virgo 3- not the player we all remember what has happened to him?

Fraser 3- why has he gone backwards under Adams?
El Abd 3 - Ditto

Tbf to Virgs he was well out of position

What do you mean 'gone backwards'?
Fraser player a couple of minutes today, probably touched the ball once and El-abds been out for over a month. :shrug:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just thought I'd say, he is not a winger.
Very good attacking midfielder though

Tbf to Virgs he was well out of position

What do you mean 'gone backwards'?
Fraser player a couple of minutes today, probably touched the ball once and El-abds been out for over a month. :shrug:

I just think collectively the players that I would have hoped to have come through and stepped up to the plate, El Abd, Fraser, Cox, Robinson, Gatting and now Virgo have been so dissapointing. We saw last year that they were worthy of playing and now, they are very much bit part players.

Mickey obviously doesnt give a stuff about Wilkins junior squad as he wants to go out to the loan market....all well and good, but the worrying thing is that when they have gone, what is left?

These players do not seem to be the future...that is my issue.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think MA will only get rid of Robinson and Gatting the rest will be squad members and he appears to like or appreciate El Abd and Fraser.

Cannot for the life of me understand the point in having Ayinsah here on loan to sit on the bench as we have enough players who probably earn less than a championship club player on loan to be able to do that.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I just think collectively the players that I would have hoped to have come through and stepped up to the plate, El Abd, Fraser, Cox, Robinson, Gatting and now Virgo have been so dissapointing. We saw last year that they were worthy of playing and now, they are very much bit part players.

Mickey obviously doesnt give a stuff about Wilkins junior squad as he wants to go out to the loan market....all well and good, but the worrying thing is that when they have gone, what is left?

These players do not seem to be the future...that is my issue.

Fair nuff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here