Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings V Yeovil

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Andersen 6- Nothing to do really, one sharp stop but kicking is awful

Whing 7- Solid, won tackles and used the ball intelligently apart from 1 or 2 Whingy Hoofs

Heath 7- Thought he looked excellent, even if they posed no threat up front

El-Abd 7- Same as Heath

Livermore 7- Used the ball well, rarely gave it away.

Cox 9- MOM. Best I've seen him play for a long, long time. Involved in everything, 2 smart finishes and mazy dribbles. Long may it continue.

Jarrett 7- Flits in and out of the game, what he did do he did well though.

Bangura 8- Look assured on the ball, hard in the tackle and some cracking crossfield passes.

Carole 7- Some good runs, like to see more end product though

Owusu 7- Thought he did ok, touch poor at times but won a lot in the air and clearly passionate to do well.

Forster 9- Showed us all what we'd been missing. Took both goals brilliantly, and hoping he can help get us out of trouble.

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
Pretty much agreed. Jarrett's an odd one - his passes seem to be either brilliant or appalling with little in between.

Last edited:

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008

Whing 7- Solid, won tackles and used the ball intelligently apart from 1 or 2 Whingy Hoofs

El-Abd 7- Same as Heath

Cox 9- MOM. Best I've seen him play for a long, long time. Involved in everything, 2 smart finishes and mazy dribbles. Long may it continue.

Bangura 8- Look assured on the ball, hard in the tackle and some cracking crossfield passes.

Owusu 7- Thought he did ok, touch poor at times but won a lot in the air and clearly passionate to do well.

Forster 9- Showed us all what we'd been missing. Took both goals brilliantly, and hoping he can help get us out of trouble.

Agree with most of this, although I'd reverse these ratings for Bangura and Jarrett. I thought Jarrett had a much better game than against either Southend or Orient and controlled the midfield pretty well. Bangura had some good moments too, but thought he was the weaker of the two overall today.

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
Anyone else notice Owusu doing his tank at the freshly on Murray for nicking the penno off him after busting his nuts the whole game?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

El-Abd 7- Same as Heath

Sums up the situation quite well. Murray looked sharp when he came on.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Is that some kind of sick joke.
Whingy-10

I bloody LOVE Whing. That man is fast becoming a legend.

Fair assessment from the original poster by the way except for:

Anderson - 5. Kicking was a bit hit and miss and he needs to be the big man in the box bossing the defence. Couple of times he looked a bit timid.

Whing - 9. Doesn't know the meaning of the word "surrender".

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Overall a massive improvement but Slade is spot on that the defence still needs work as their front men were piss poor and I felt we still looked a little shaky at times. I would never criticise El Abd for commitment but think Elphick needs to come back in.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Anderson 6- 1 Shot saved well,but his kicking half of the time was woeful

Whing 9- Brilliant i love this guy,gets forward well and defends well very good
Heath 7- Dominant in the air ,not much to do really mopped up when he need too
El-abd 7- Thought he was alot better today,dealt very well with all threats
Livermore 7- Defensively very good today i thought also got forward well

Cox(MOM) 10- very good today was involved in all of the attacking threat
Bangura 8- Got stuck in broke up play very well had a good game
Jarret 8- Again,Got stuck in and his passing was very good overall
Carole 7- Hit and miss is this guy had a decent game thou

Owusu 7- Won most of the ball won some good free kicks played well
Forster 9-Brilliant this guy is just a genuis ALBION LEGEND!

Subs
Fraser 6- Didnt do much for last 5
Muzza 7- Looked lively good first touch almost berbatov esc!
Davies 6- Feel sorry for this guy hes in a bit of a rut atm needed a goal for confidence

What i saw today was belief and you could tell cox believed in himself he got far more involved and was generally the main threat

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Overall a massive improvement but Slade is spot on that the defence still needs work as their front men were piss poor and I felt we still looked a little shaky at times. I would never criticise El Abd for commitment but think Elphick needs to come back in.

Piss poor?
What planet are you from?

butters14

Mar 22, 2008
Andersen -6 - nothing to do, distibution dodgy
Whing - 8 - one mazy dribble in their box. i don't know how he did it. I don't think he did either
Heath - 7 - solid
el Abd - 7 - ditto
Livermore -8- good performance, great cross in move that set up second goal
Jarett - 7- in and out
Carole -7- more end product would have been good but always looked likely to make things happen
Bangoura -7- some great passes, including for Cox's first, but faded a bit
Cox - 9 - his best for ages and ages
Owuso -7- worked hard and held up well
Forster -9- tireless and two solid finishes

Fraser -6- did fine
Murray -7- looking good and interested
Davies -5- oh dear. hogged good chance that Murray would have converted, and blasted over. A goal would have been good for his confidence.

Slade -9- nice run, substitutions and crowd rapport, and sensible SCR interview

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Agree with these, but Whingy was also excellent again

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
El-abd scared the bollocks outta me as CB tbh. I thought Jarrett was class, at last someone that resembles a playmaker in midfield. Forster gave absolutely everything possible once again, and hurry back to fitness Kuipers!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Andersen 7- He did nothing wrong and his kicking was good, considering the suicidal backpasses being smacked at him time and time again... That needs sorting out.
Whing 8- We have a hero of a right back. Tackles well, distribution is cack at times (that one cross toward the end of the first half, no pressure and he shanked it out of play), but he's a right back, so who gives a f***?! Absolute hero. :bowdown:
Heath 7- I like him, solid centre back who can head, pass and tackle. Organisation is good aswell I think, he keeps El-Abd in line, which we badly need.
El-Abd 6- Tosh. I like the man, always have. He's passionate and he's commited, but he's not very good. Had Yeovil's front players had anything about them, they would have exposed the weak link in our side. Total commitment, but he's not good enough as a player.
Livermore 7- Looked assured, comfortable and settled in well.
Carole 7- Oh Seb, you can dance and run, but the crosses aren't great and even when dribbling he doesn't seem to have the ball under complete control, which is a shame but he more than makes up for it by doing something I didn't know he could, tackle!
Jarrett 7- Alot of misplaced passes, but the ball for Cox's opener was stunning, the type of pass we can see he's capable of, but he doesn't perform enough. He has the slowest footballing brain I think I've ever seen in my life and he doesn't threaten to score, but he put in a shift and I think he was better today than usual.
Bangura 7- Quietly effective, I'd love to see him smack in one of those 20 yard shots he does so love to try.
Cox 9- Magician today, absolute magician. He was a joy to watch, faded in the first half of the second half, but then exploded into life again. He was brilliant, and that's what he can do. Cutting inside and playing the ball, he's not the type of winger to get to the byeline and whip in a cross, which is what most people prefer from a winger, but when he's got time on the ball and gets service in dangerous areas, he's a threat.
Owusu 7- Effort and desire, plus determination and decent control. We've missed a player like him for years, but now that Murray and Forster are fit again, surely they're the best partnership we have? Unlucky not to score in that first half.
Forster 9- I'm not his biggest fan (despite 34 goals in 2 years, which is amazingly good), but he was brilliant today, his finishing is so assured, but for that bobble! Brilliantly taken goals, he's a massive player for us.

Murray 8- Looked sharp, hungry and capable. I wish Davies had squared to him so he could close the gap on Simon Cox even further, but nevermind.
Davies 6- I like the guy, I really do. And I wish, for his sake, he'd scored. He needs a cuddle. :laugh: He'll be a top player for us, but maybe not this season.
Fraser 7- Tried to release Cox late on, but got the pass slightly wrong which is typical really, he can see the pass, but not make it. He was tidy and effective, a good squad player for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here