Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Player ratings Brighton vs Southampton

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As I suspect you've not got any grasp of humour / context at all.

Find me ones that say "I hope Maupay breaks a leg and never plays again".

As I've known for years you have no class, no empathy and no understanding of what happens outside the arse where you head is buried.

Context? Read zefarellys other posts about Maupay and you'll find he was dead serious. As for Ayew doing Brighton a favour by forcing Alzate to have a surgery on his ankle... fun stuff, great humour. Maybe a cultural thing. In the UK perhaps it makes you absolutely hilarious, while here it would be considered quite sick and not very supportive.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm not much of a Maupay fan, never have been, never will be, but I'm sure he's a nice guy and would never wish him ill.

Not one of my better posts, but Thankfully most can read it right. recent results suggest my opinion isn't 'hate' just an opinion on football which has some justification.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As I've known for years you have no class, no empathy and no understanding of what happens outside the arse where you head is buried.

Context? Read zefarellys other posts about Maupay and you'll find he was dead serious. As for Ayew doing Brighton a favour by forcing Alzate to have a surgery on his ankle... fun stuff, great humour. Maybe a cultural thing. In the UK perhaps it makes you absolutely hilarious, while here it would be considered quite sick and not very supportive.

Did it occur to you for even one second that BTF's post about Alzate was made before anyone knew he needed surgery and actually, what he meant was that the team could have done with a change?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Isn’t it all a bit pantomime though? I would find it a bit sad if it was genuine hate.

Knowing some on here and around me in the ground, I can categorically state that some "fans" hated Ashley Barnes, and also Dale Stephens and let's not forget Dan Burn before he had 3 good games and went to Newcastle. None of those three mentioned ever gave less than 100%, worked hard were good (if not great) players for us. They were very important to us at various times and at other times, maybe weren't as good as we needed. You can say the same for Gross now. For some, no matter what he does or how well he plays, those people in the "too slow, get rid" camp will never be moved.

On Maupay, whether people like it or not, he is a confidence player. He visibly grows in stature when he score or has a good game and I thought he had a decent game on Saturday, but the chaps behind me were on his back from minute one. Nothing he did would have changed that opinion.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Knowing some on here and around me in the ground, I can categorically state that some "fans" hated Ashley Barnes, and also Dale Stephens and let's not forget Dan Burn before he had 3 good games and went to Newcastle. None of those three mentioned ever gave less than 100%, worked hard were good (if not great) players for us. They were very important to us at various times and at other times, maybe weren't as good as we needed. You can say the same for Gross now. For some, no matter what he does or how well he plays, those people in the "too slow, get rid" camp will never be moved.

On Maupay, whether people like it or not, he is a confidence player. He visibly grows in stature when he score or has a good game and I thought he had a decent game on Saturday, but the chaps behind me were on his back from minute one. Nothing he did would have changed that opinion.
I’ve been working with an Everton fan, Spuds fan and an Arsenal fan the shit they give some of their players is outrageous compared to us lot. Brighton fans mostly put up with below par performances from players who aren’t quite good enough as we all know we aren’t going to spend fortunes on replacements.

First half Maupay was alright second half he wasn’t, when he failed to latch on to the Cucurella pass most around me where like ffs what is he doing and a few shouts of wake up Maupay, the usual no real hate.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I’ve been working with an Everton fan, Spuds fan and an Arsenal fan the shit they give some of their players is outrageous compared to us lot. Brighton fans mostly put up with below par performances from players who aren’t quite good enough as we all know we aren’t going to spend fortunes on replacements.

First half Maupay was alright second half he wasn’t, when he failed to latch on to the Cucurella pass most around me where like ffs what is he doing and a few shouts of wake up Maupay, the usual no real hate.

Yes, but they're all entitled. We're not. Or at least, we shouldn't be.
Being a fan means getting behind the team. Our away fans are outstanding at it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

things were very different 25 years ago . . . .expectations are higher, maybe we're deluded in demanding a professional earning £50k a week to be competent at their job? :rolleyes:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
That’s the away fan thing though we aren’t any different to other clubs. Everyone tends to give it large going away that’s football in this country.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
things were very different 25 years ago . . . .expectations are higher, maybe we're deluded in demanding a professional earning £50k a week to be competent at their job? :rolleyes:
The club play on being little old Brighton when things don’t go our way you only have to listen to £2m a year Barber on talk sport. If I have to hear ten years ago we played at an athletic track again I’m going to crack up it sounds dated now tbh.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Did it occur to you for even one second that BTF's post about Alzate was made before anyone knew he needed surgery and actually, what he meant was that the team could have done with a change?

Whatever his reason for saying it was a "blessing" a Brighton player got injured, its still shit.

Of course you cant see that, because you are in the sentiment of Perfect People - the same ones saying that no Brighton fans hates any Brighton players and the same ones saying no one is bullying Connolly. Because all Brighton fans are perfect. Vile hate, online bullying and the likes only happens everywhere else - anything said here always has a perfect excuse.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Rob Sanchez 6
Joel Veltman 7
Lewis Dunk 6
Adam Webster 5
Marc Cucurella 6
Enock Mwepu 6
Moises Caicedo 6
Alexis Macallister 6.5
Leandro Trossard 6
Neal Maupay 5
Danny Wellbeck 8

Solly March 5
Pascal Gross 5

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Whatever his reason for saying it was a "blessing" a Brighton player got injured, its still shit.

Of course you cant see that, because you are in the sentiment of Perfect People - the same ones saying that no Brighton fans hates any Brighton players and the same ones saying no one is bullying Connolly. Because all Brighton fans are perfect.

If you find Brighton fans so obnoxious and distasteful, I'm somewhat bemused why you seek to spend your entire life in our company.

You must admit, it is rather odd.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Rob Sanchez 6
Joel Veltman 7
Lewis Dunk 6
Adam Webster 5
Marc Cucurella 6
Enock Mwepu 6
Moises Caicedo 6
Alexis Macallister 6.5
Leandro Trossard 6
Neal Maupay 5
Danny Wellbeck 8

Solly March 5
Pascal Gross 5
Sensible scores, no only really busted a gut on the beach type performance.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If you find Brighton fans so obnoxious and distasteful, I'm somewhat bemused why you seek to spend your entire life in our company.

You must admit, it is rather odd.

Not all fans, just some. :shrug: Also not entire life... just THE REST OF IT :vuvu:

Rather odd is fine, sign me up.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I think in the main, you're spot on. We're relatively tame and as long as players are trying, we'll forgive a lot (as we should do). That said there are a small section of fans, as there are at any club, that need a scapegoat and will grow to hate that player. Maupay is fast becoming said player

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I think in the main, you're spot on. We're relatively tame and as long as players are trying, we'll forgive a lot (as we should do). That said there are a small section of fans, as there are at any club, that need a scapegoat and will grow to hate that player. Maupay is fast becoming said player

This is very true re Maupay, because we rely on him to much to score the goals its turning into criticism and pressure.

If we had another player of similar ability to share the burden it may be different however thinking back Ashley Barnes used to get pelters and in my eyes was one of the best players in the modern era that we have had!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Of course you cant see that, because you are in the sentiment of Perfect People - the same ones saying that no Brighton fans hates any Brighton players and the same ones saying no one is bullying Connolly. Because all Brighton fans are perfect. Vile hate, online bullying and the likes only happens everywhere else - anything said here always has a perfect excuse.

What I see is you constantly generalising about NSC and Brighton fans with very little evidence and then rowing back or changing the goalposts. You said (my emphasis).....

"I've seen plenty of NSC members wishing for Brighton players to get injured"

It turns out you saw TWO people employing gallows humour at a time when, in the first instance we were playing Palace and most Brighton fans are on the edge emotionally and in the second, where a player was in a poor run of form and the poster has come back onto this very thread to qualify his comments.

It's the same with the CT stuff, You contradict yourself and then immediately row back, all with zero evidence whatsoever except your thoughts, implying you are somehow greater than all of us because you're one of the chosen few who get it, Or on the Connolly thread where you said "*** you all" and then disappeared for three days like a spoiled child.

Were you once a decent footballer who feels that your chances were ruined by aggressive coaching and fans or something? Because, if not, you're just another millennial spending all day on the internet looking for an excuse to get offended by something.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is very true re Maupay, because we rely on him to much to score the goals its turning into criticism and pressure.

If we had another player of similar ability to share the burden it may be different however thinking back Ashley Barnes used to get pelters and in my eyes was one of the best players in the modern era that we have had!

If the midfield contributed as they should Maupay’s contribution would be OK. The fact we’ve had nothing at all from Lallana, Biss, Groß, Alzate, Moder, March, Lamptey and Cucurella is a bigger problem IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here