Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Attitude - Ali J

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Alireza is unlucky Chelsea have the best goalie in the league, because if not it would have been a goal and an assist and he would have directly contributed to 3 points. Ah well

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Alireza is unlucky Chelsea have the best goalie in the league, because if not it would have been a goal and an assist and he would have directly contributed to 3 points. Ah well

A goalie that couldn't cope with a cross without fumbling it or missing his punch completely is the best in the league?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Alisson and Ederson are the best.

I don't understand why we are 10/1 to go down when we are only a few points off the relegation places. Yet the teams around us odds are much shorter ? Bookies really don't fancy us.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't understand why we are 10/1 to go down when we are only a few points off the relegation places. Yet the teams around us odds are much shorter ? Bookies really don't fancy us.

Maybe they've seen us play?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Don't fancy us to go down you mean? Probably because 6 teams are below us. Newcastle are above us in the table but they've been awful this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't fancy us to go down you mean? Probably because 6 teams are below us. Newcastle are above us in the table but they've been awful this season.

I don't think Spence understands the fact that the bookies really fancy us, which is why the Albion are as big as 10/1 to go down.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It is strange.

For example, the multi £100m West Ham squad including Lanzini, Anderson and Antonio, at 5/1, us 12/1. Perhaps the effect of managing their book for cash flow eg loads (hopeful supporters of other London clubs?) lumping money on a WHUFC relegation?

1918073E-EF0B-474F-B97E-B2BCFDD1471C.png

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Definitely. Taggart cleared out the boozing or trouble-making set on joining Manure. Except talisman Bryan Robson. Only wanting players eager to learn and fight for a place.

Hard to beat a collective spirit, led by a great man manager.

It’s interesting that in just one summer, based solely on training, friendlies and a couple of PL matches,Potter/Ashworth identified who to move out. Taking confidence.

Three if you include the French Prima Donna.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Three if you include the French Prima Donna.

I always felt he lacked pace to beat PL opponents, which frustrated him. His game had peaked and was on the decline. Not doing so well at Fulham?

Incredible for us in the Championship though, we wouldn’t been promoted in 2017 without him. Unforgettable, a hero.

Absolutely agree with your assessment of Ali J; he has been relentlessly vilified in the court of Albion chat rooms and he has worked hard to show us what he can do. Long may it continue.....
I disagree about Locadia because I think he just reacted in a different way from Jahanbakhsh. I am sure he has the potential to become a good player, and Potter shows he can bring out the best from the squad. We shall see.........

Fair point. I hope you are right about Locadia, however I do think he’s much more interested in making music than playing for the Albion.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It is strange.

For example, the multi £100m West Ham squad including Lanzini, Anderson and Antonio, at 5/1, us 12/1. Perhaps the effect of managing their book for cash flow eg loads (hopeful supporters of other London clubs?) lumping money on a WHUFC relegation?

View attachment 118770
Nice to see Palace still in the mix there. Probably worth a small wager actually as they're clearly in a false position and the points margin means that they could quickly be dragged into the mire.

The odds are strange but I think it reflects the fact that (Liverpool aside) this is going to be one of the closest PL seasons ever.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Wrong thread for this stuff, sorry. We could do with a relegation hope/prediction thread really.....

That would be fun.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Webster is doing well in that regard in certain quarters...

I have a feeling Webster, as well as our once so called "too short" and now taken for granted goalkeeper, Maty Ryan, will again prove this board's pundits wrong.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
How many other players have made the jump from ridiculed to fans favourites?

I can think of Johnny Crumplin - Football Genius - and Guy Butters.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I have a feeling Webster, as well as our once so called "too short" and now taken for granted goalkeeper, Maty Ryan, will again prove this board's pundits wrong.

Providing Webster can eliminate the critical errors he makes ( averages about two per game ) then he will start winning some fans over. Yesterday, he lost the ball to Abraham 30 yards from goal, who set up Hudson-Odoi, who should have punished us. He also, inexplicably, passes straight to the opposition at times, under no pressure. He has to improve his concentration levels and just work on doing the simple things well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here