[Albion] Player Attitude - Ali J

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I've met Iranian people with a similar accent to him so think it's just that. Could be a bit of Dutch in there I guess.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'm sorry, but Ali J's attitude has been exemplary. He is what most players should look to when things are not going their way. What a turn around and a fantastic goal today to boot.

When you look at those tw*ts *cough* Locadia *cough* who seem to not give a toss, then you really do respect and appreciate even more so, how much of a determined, professional and down right bloody nice guy (I've met him a couple of times) and now, decent player we have on our hands. I do think Potters belief and coaching in him has made him become an important member of the squad, which I find interesting.

Long may his and our form continue.

Now if Ali could work in a round of peace talks in his schedulde I would be forever grateful.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm sorry, but Ali J's attitude has been exemplary. He is what most players should look to when things are not going their way. What a turn around and a fantastic goal today to boot.

When you look at those tw*ts *cough* Locadia *cough* who seem to not give a toss, then you really do respect and appreciate even more so, how much of a determined, professional and down right bloody nice guy (I've met him a couple of times) and now, decent player we have on our hands. I do think Potters belief and coaching in him has made him become an important member of the squad, which I find interesting.

Long may his and our form continue.

Andone’s unhealthy selfishness and laziness topped the lot. Rightly allowed to disappear.

Potter obviously saw something good in Jahanbakhsh.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Does show that hard work and keeping going can work out in the end. I think a lot of us had written him off, but - I'm very happy to say - those views have been proved wrong.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
am I the only one who's slightly concerned about the current vacant scapegoat position which Ali J was once so effective in filling?

Next up will be Connolly.....aka Forest Gump

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
At work today....popped out to the loo for literally one minute and when I come back AJ has scored a worldie.

I think he saved a young girl falling from the stands during the goal celebration. It seems that everything came out all right. I didn't mean "in the loo." On the pitch.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Time to start the New Year with a free name and number offer for Ali J shirts in the club shop me thinks

No way Barber will let people buy a shirt with 'Ali J' on the back. 'Alireza Jahanbakhsh Jirandeh' will be mandatory.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So many players would have moaned and groaned and looked for a way out when things didn't work out.

Instead he has got his head down, worked hard, been patient, and earned his reward. He deserves so much respect for that.

I'm so pleased, there was also always the danger that his performance against Bournemouth could have started to feel like a one day wonder, but he has put that idea to bed nice and early.

Sometimes players take time to adapt to life in England and football in the PL.

Now it's time to forget the past and look forwards not backwards. 2020 can be the year he arrives in the PL.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
So many players would have moaned and groaned and looked for a way out when things didn't work out.

Instead he has got his head down, worked hard, been patient, and earned his reward. He deserves so much respect for that.

I'm so pleased, there was also always the danger that his performance against Bournemouth could have started to feel like a one day wonder, but he has put that idea to bed nice and early.

Sometimes players take time to adapt to life in England and football in the PL.

Now it's time to forget the past and look forwards not backwards. 2020 can be the year he arrives in the PL.

This, back to the initial thread theme :thumbsup:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Andone’s unhealthy selfishness and laziness topped the lot. Rightly allowed to disappear.

Potter obviously saw something good in Jahanbakhsh.

It seems that GP has a more strict "no dickheads" policy than we were previously employing.

With Big Jurg and Little Flo being jettisoned but the likes of Ali J and The Greyhound being nurtured back to being first team players.

Attitude and temperament are so important in sport and Potter clearly saw that the former didn't have the right stuff whereas the latter did.

I guess that's what we were all hoping for with GP's history and previous achievements but bloody hell, I didn't think it would work this well!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not today, please, let’s just enjoy the moment.

Oh so it's ok for [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] & [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] to be mocked and derided every week for saying 'he deserves a chance', but it's not ok to tell the Two- Faced Tina's to shove it when Ali proves them right.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh so it's ok for [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] & [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] to be mocked and derided every week for saying 'he deserves a chance', but it's not ok to tell the Two- Faced Tina's to shove it when Ali proves them right.

So, are you saying that Hughton and/or Potter should have played Ali J much earlier, and it was poor management by Hughton and/or Potter to have left him languishing for so long?

What the hell are you sorry for? If there are apologies necessary, they're not for pointing out the blindingly obvious which has been stated by Potter throughout the season. Was it last month that he played in the under 23s game, got an assist and still was being slagged off by many.

As I said after the goal against Bournemouth, you're only as good as your last performance so there'll be plenty of positives for now. But wait until a game or two goes by he's either not getting on the pitch or scoring goals and you'll see the same comments trotting out again.

Chill out mate.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It seems that GP has a more strict "no dickheads" policy than we were previously employing.

With Big Jurg and Little Flo being jettisoned but the likes of Ali J and The Greyhound being nurtured back to being first team players.

Attitude and temperament are so important in sport and Potter clearly saw that the former didn't have the right stuff whereas the latter did.

I guess that's what we were all hoping for with GP's history and previous achievements but bloody hell, I didn't think it would work this well!

Definitely. Taggart cleared out the boozing or trouble-making set on joining Manure. Except talisman Bryan Robson. Only wanting players eager to learn and fight for a place.

Hard to beat a collective spirit, led by a great man manager.

It’s interesting that in just one summer, based solely on training, friendlies and a couple of PL matches, Potter/Ashworth identified who to move out. Taking confidence.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Ali J is very easy to root for. Seeing a footballer who genuinely cares is a nice change. Hope it continues to work out for him (and by extension us obviously!). One of the most likeable players we’ve had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports