[Albion] Player Attitude - Ali J

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I'm sorry, but Ali J's attitude has been exemplary. He is what most players should look to when things are not going their way. What a turn around and a fantastic goal today to boot.
When you look at those tw*ts *cough* Locadia *cough* who seem to not give a toss, then you really do respect and appreciate even more so, how much of a determined, professional and down right bloody nice guy (I've met him a couple of times) and now, decent player we have on our hands. I do think Potters belief and coaching in him has made him become an important member of the squad, which I find interesting.

Long may his and our form continue.

Absolutely agree with your assessment of Ali J; he has been relentlessly vilified in the court of Albion chat rooms and he has worked hard to show us what he can do. Long may it continue.....
I disagree about Locadia because I think he just reacted in a different way from Jahanbakhsh. I am sure he has the potential to become a good player, and Potter shows he can bring out the best from the squad. We shall see.........

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m enjoying the “not even a footballer” Mods squirming rather than holding their hands up and admitting they were just maybe a little harsh on on a player who really did not get a chance. Certainly under “you need to be a defender first” Hughton and once Potterball gave him a chance he took it.

WHAT a goal AJ :bowdown:
Amazingly the big man is still coming out swinging.

It's such a shame it would be very poor form from an Englishman, as a thread of the worst Anti Ali comments would be fookin funny right about now. :lolol:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Ali J is very easy to root for. Seeing a footballer who genuinely cares is a nice change. Hope it continues to work out for him (and by extension us obviously!). One of the most likeable players we’ve had.

The new Orlandi. I wonder if he's got to grips with phrase "procrastination is the thief of time."

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I’m enjoying the “not even a footballer” Mods squirming rather than holding their hands up and admitting they were just maybe a little harsh on on a player who really did not get a chance. Certainly under “you need to be a defender first” Hughton and once Potterball gave him a chance he took it.

WHAT a goal AJ :bowdown:

He had plenty of chances, but he isnt the first top player who struggled in his first season in this league. What is good is that he has worked hard with Potter and improved to a point where he is realising his potential. Hope he kicks on from here.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
GP and the coaching staff I assume can take some credit for Ali's impact in the last two games, long may it continue

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
A genuinely nice fella by all accounts (can often be found in Asda Brighton Marina) and his attitude is absolutely spot on. At last, we're seeing the real player as his confidence grows. Fantastic goal and he almost set up the winner with a superb cross to Maupay.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
So who do we scapegoat now?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So who do we scapegoat now?

After the first 30 mins Montoya was making a concerted effort to take the mantle on. Let himself down by improving at the end of the half and having a good second half. Disappointing :lolol:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
A genuinely nice fella by all accounts (can often be found in Asda Brighton Marina) and his attitude is absolutely spot on.....

I agree. He's the kind of guy who if he saw that you only had a couple of items in your basket and he had a trolley full he would let you go ahead of him in the checkout queue.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
GP and the coaching staff I assume can take some credit for Ali's impact in the last two games, long may it continue

Don't be daft, it's obviously all down to [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION].

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Thought Ali J in the last 2 games was like the wide man we have been missing for most of the season. Two great goals and plenty of decent crosses into the box in both games. Hopefully the chances he creates will be taken in the next few games

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thought Ali J in the last 2 games was like the wide man we have been missing for most of the season. Two great goals and plenty of decent crosses into the box in both games. Hopefully the chances he creates will be taken in the next few games

All true making it all the more surprising that we had to wait till the end of December to see it.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
A genuinely nice fella by all accounts (can often be found in Asda Brighton Marina) and his attitude is absolutely spot on. At last, we're seeing the real player as his confidence grows. Fantastic goal and he almost set up the winner with a superb cross to Maupay.

After recent performances, he'll be able to upgrade to Waitrose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports