Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Planning to email the club (re ticket prices)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe its including travel costs in the ticket prices that's making it a bit silly. It also means everyone pays for travel whether they use it or not.

May be the club should look at seeking to remove this requirement, this might then take the ticket prices down towards the £20 figure Barber is quoting. I would imagine pricing matchday tickets around the £20 could increase sales dramatically, draw new fans to the ground, who could become regular attenders / season ticket holders in the future.

Re students I think the club should consider charging them the same price as they do children- it would draw more young people to games and that is what is needed for the future of the club.

The travel costs the club over £1 million a season. The club tried trusting the fans who needed it to get vouchers, but many didn't, so all fans have to bear the cost or else Tony Bloom has to subsidise us all to the tune of £14 million instead of £13 million. He does have the right to complain about costs.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well, the North stand "match day" experience isn't for everyone, least of all for maybe the less than fanatically devoted - many people dislike being behind a goal too.

Its £34 in the WSU, or £30 in the South West Corner. Last week it was £10 anywhere for ST holder friends. Or if they'd signed up for the 4 game pack then it was the equivalent of £25. And its £21 or so for ST holders.
All minus an average of £5 of so for travel.

What would you pay ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Re students I think the club should consider charging them the same price as they do children- it would draw more young people to games and that is what is needed for the future of the club.

The club introduced a new discounted 18-21 price for season tickets this season, following feedback, in an attempt to do that.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Honestly, on reflection, having read all your thoughts... I still think for a season ticket holder to fill the seat next to him/her (which in my case is always empty.) could be encouraged/incentivised with some sort of discount, (1/2 a season) and I think this would be a sensible option for the club for all the reasons many have pointed out. (I genuinely thought it might already exist.) None more so than the fact we all stare around the stadium at hundreds of empty seats every game and an empty seat nets the club £0. Even a seat sold for a £1 encourages the potential for a repeat sale. I'm not tight, I can afford £40, (contrary to the fib I told the club.) but I am shrewd, and £40 to bring a friend is too much. I was primarily thinking about the clubs overall strategies, and their initiatives to encourage long term, future ticket sales, not my own expenditure. HOWEVER, it is all the more apparant to me now that the club will allow me to move to another cheaper stand and bring someone for less, which is great, I didn't know this, and I appreciate all the sensible/intelligent contributions many of you have made. I did overlook a number of the offers the club does already offer, which is great!!

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What would you pay ?

In the extremely unlikely, can't-believe-I'm-even-contemplating-the-possibility, event that this isn't anything other than a rhetorical question, my personal opinion is that around 30 quid isn't too bad at all, whereas anything close to 40 is a bit of a piss-take for second division football.

But it's the faffing...I reckon these recent quite laudable schemes might work for people that can be bothered to follow these things so closely. But that's never going to be most non-season ticket holders, I reckon. Ultimately if it all just seems a bit of a faff, or else just too expensive, people may not bother.

Because this isn't the Premier League, with its horribly detailed minutiae of graded games, graded membership schemes, etc etc - all that tedious, mind-numbing crapola launched at a group of customers, most of whom remember simply handing over pound coins through a metal gate to get in. It's the second division.

I'm sure we'll be blue sky-ing some fancy pricing scheme half-inched from somewhere if we do go actually up and demand increases.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In the extremely unlikely, can't-believe-I'm-even-contemplating-the-possibility, event that this isn't anything other than a rhetorical question, my personal opinion is that around 30 quid isn't too bad at all...Ultimately if it all just seems a bit of a faff,

With no faffing at all It is around £30 to pay on the gate already though for some areas of the ground for Preston next week on a Saturday afternoon (eg: SW corner)...
And Its less for Bristol on a Tuesday night
Even if (and 80% of the crowd do use em) you don't bother with the park and ride, train tickets etc and save about a fiver there.

So given that ...how come you're not tempted. Can't be the price then ?

So curious ? Why don't you still not come ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Honestly, on reflection, having read all your thoughts... I still think for a season ticket holder to fill the seat next to him/her (which in my case is always empty.) could be encouraged/incentivised with some sort of discount, (1/2 a season) and I think this would be a sensible option for the club for all the reasons many have pointed out. (I genuinely thought it might already exist.) None more so than the fact we all stare around the stadium at hundreds of empty seats every game and an empty seat nets the club £0. Even a seat sold for a £1 encourages the potential for a repeat sale. I'm not tight, I can afford £40, (contrary to the fib I told the club.) but I am shrewd, and £40 to bring a friend is too much. I was primarily thinking about the clubs overall strategies, and their initiatives to encourage long term, future ticket sales, not my own expenditure. HOWEVER, it is all the more apparant to me now that the club will allow me to move to another cheaper stand and bring someone for less, which is great, I didn't know this, and I appreciate all the sensible/intelligent contributions many of you have made. I did overlook a number of the offers the club does already offer, which is great!!

It should also be noted that an empty seat can sometimes mean the season ticket holder cannot make that game due to illness or holiday, but the seat is still paid for.

Jan 30, 2008
my seat in the wsu (block c) works out at £19-something per game, which considering it includes travel is pretty outstanding imo.

The walk-up price for that area is about £30 i think, which isn't too shabby in this day and age.
really, for championship football, £30 you're having a laugh !!!!:dunce:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
with no faffing at all it is around £30 to pay on the gate already though for some areas of the ground for preston next week on a saturday afternoon (eg: Sw corner)...
And its less for bristol on a tuesday night
even if (and 80% of the crowd do use em) you don't bother with the park and ride, train tickets etc and save about a fiver there.

better things to do ???
regards
DR

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
really, for championship football, £30 you're having a laugh !!!!:dunce:
regards
DR

And of that £30, if I was paying the walk-up price I would save about £6 with the free travel (which I know is a bone of contention for many who may not use it, but I do so its fine by me). So taking that into account, in real terms a walk-up price for a seat in the WSU is less than £25, which I think is quite reasonable for a seat with a fantastic view in one of the best stadiums in the country.

Look, we'd all love to be paying £10-£15 for our football to stand on a terrace, but unfortunately it isn't 1987 any more. The fact that we are regularly getting crowds of circa 25k in the second division - far and away beyond what we managed to get on a regular basis at the Goldstone in Division One - suggests to me that the club aren't too wide of the mark with the prices.

Jan 30, 2008
And of that £30, if I was paying the walk-up price I would save about £6 with the free travel (which I know is a bone of contention for many who may not use it, but I do so its fine by me). So taking that into account, in real terms a walk-up price for a seat in the WSU is less than £25, which I think is quite reasonable for a seat with a fantastic view in one of the best stadiums in the country.

Look, we'd all love to be paying £10-£15 for our football to stand on a terrace, but unfortunately it isn't 1987 any more. The fact that we are regularly getting crowds of circa 25k in the second division - far and away beyond what we managed to get on a regular basis at the Goldstone in Division One - suggests to me that the club aren't too wide of the mark with the prices.

well for starters we've had a good start to the season, BUT some people have decided to not re new season tickets and for the club to introduce" DEALS" suggests to me that things aren't all as good a you think, STRAIGHT FORWARD REDUCTION ON TICKET PRICES IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT
regards
DR

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Some people seem to prefer finding excuses than to just getting on with things and cracking on. This is probably true for their lives in general and illustrates how some are winners and others are losers. Time spent thinking about saving money is time wasted and better served on making it, then you don't have to worry about the odd irrelevant fiver.

Jan 30, 2008
some people seem to prefer finding excuses than to just getting on with things and cracking on. This is probably true for their lives in general and illustrates how some are winners and others are losers. Time spent thinking about saving money is time wasted and better served on making it, then you don't have to worry about the odd irrelevant fiver.
lucky you , got any spare fivers you don't want:facepalm:
regards
DR

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Calm down dear - being tempted isn't the issue, far from it. And I'm sure I will give into that temptation as I have done several times already this season, as watching the Albion is obviously really superb again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
well for starters we've had a good start to the season, BUT some people have decided to not re new season tickets and for the club to introduce" DEALS" suggests to me that things aren't all as good a you think, STRAIGHT FORWARD REDUCTION ON TICKET PRICES IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT
regards
DR

Yes we've had a good start to the season, but we still averaged 24k last season, despite us absolutely STINKING the place out.

What do you think the prices should be reduced to then for, say, an on-the-day walk up seat in the WSU, with no travel subsidy ?

Jan 30, 2008
Yes we've had a good start to the season, but we still averaged 24k last season, despite us absolutely STINKING the place out.

What do you think the prices should be reduced to then for, say, an on-the-day walk up seat in the WSU, with no travel subsidy ?
£20 :thumbsup:
regards
DR

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
£20 :thumbsup:
regards
DR

That's basically the season ticket price.
I think you'd lose vast swathes of STH's with that pricing policy, as there'd be much less incentive to invest in one. Unless you're saying that season ticket prices are also slashed by 30-odd percent.

Jan 30, 2008

when you say average, is that with no show ST massaged into the figures? and so far we're 1k up on that figure despite a good start..............interesting
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
That's basically the season ticket price.
I think you'd lose vast swathes of STH's with that pricing policy, as there'd be much less incentive to invest in one. Unless you're saying that season ticket prices are also slashed by 30-odd percent.
season ticket sales are diminishing?, depending on what happens this season possibly a reduction is on the cards but i wouldn't hold my breath on it
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here