Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Planning to email the club (re ticket prices)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It would be very interesting to find out how many tickets the club sold on the £10 deal at the Cardiff game. That would provide some sort of indication of how many more people might attend if prices were lower. I'm guessing a couple of thousand. And that was through a convoluted offer which required you to know someone who has a season ticket.
Judging by the attendances for the Hull and Cardiff games, it seems to have added somewhere in the region of 2000 to the gate.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Cardiff offer wasn't that convoluted. There are 19,000 STH.

The tenner to watch the match was effectively £7.30 if you take into consideration the travel voucher cost from Brighton, even less if you are travelling from elsewhere in Sussex.

Take out VAT and the club made £6.08 per seat.

There were still 4,000 empty seats at the match though.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
They've already started...

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/football-league-reveals-average-ticket-price-2722102.aspx

For the first time, the Football League has revealed the average price paid per paying spectator at matches across its competition as £14 per spectator.

Brighton & Hove Albion's average price was calculated at £20.68 - but that figure includes the cost of matchday travel within the average ticket price.
Albion's chief executive Paul Barber said, "This is a very interesting study by the Football League, and shows that Brighton & Hove Albion, like other Football League clubs, offers live football at an affordable price, in a great environment.

"Whenever we see these surveys, it's important to take into account that our prices are always slightly skewed given the innovative travel and transport system we operate for every league match.

"Once you deduct the included cost of travel, our average ticket price is very much in line with the Championship and wider Football League average prices.​

How are they working out these average prices? Because the ticket prices for an adult for Albion home games are:

Grade A (in pounds)
32, 32, 36, 38, 42, 42

Grade B
30, 30, 34, 36, 40, 40

Grade C
25, 25, 30, 32, 35, 35

And they claim the average price at the albion is £20.68.

No full paying adult can buy a regular match day ticker for less than £25, yet the club are proudly saying an average ticket price is almost £20% less than that? The cheapest under 21/over 65 ticket is only 68p below average ticket price. A simple average of the numbers above (I think perhaps it would be fairer to proportionally average them, but I don't have the time or inclination to work it out more thoroughly) puts the average adult price at £34.11.

I get that they must have included under 10 prices, but doesn't that show how misleading this average ticket price is?

Yep. I first read that piece of rubbish a couple of weeks back. The biggest epic fail at spinning the truth ever. So transparent in its manipulation and massage of the figures. Back to spin classes for the author of that garbage.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
THAT'S IF YOU KNEW A SEASON TICKET HOLDER PREPARED TO GET YOU A TICKET , EXCLUDING AWAY FANS OBVIOUSLY
regards
DR
There are in the region of 20K season ticket holders, so chances are that anyone living in the area would know one.

Anyway, you still wouldn't go if the tickets were 20% cheaper - meaning the cheapest would be £24 - so what makes you think it'd make a difference to another 6K fans?

Jan 30, 2008
There are in the region of 20K season ticket holders, so chances are that anyone living in the area would know one.

Anyway, you still wouldn't go if the tickets were 20% cheaper - meaning the cheapest would be £24 - so what makes you think it'd make a difference to another 6K fans?
well, they would turn up if it made a difference ................:whistle: SEEMS A LOT OF I'VE GOT A SEASON TICKET I'M ALL RIGHT JACK ATTITUDE ON THIS THREAD ???
regards
DR

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
...with the following, and I am interested to know peoples thoughts. Cheers

Subject: Season Ticket Holder +1

Hello, I’ve realized that the seat next to mine is often empty, and on general sale. Having finally convinced my GF to come and watch a game with me, I went on the site to purchase the seat, and honestly was a little taken aback by the £40 price!! (For a ‘lower’ profile Preston game) This is more than I can afford unfortunately, and so won’t be purchasing, but I thought I would 1. Give my feedback, and 2. Enquire if I’ve simply missed the memo, and infact tickets can be purchased at a lower rate for season ticket holders?

…..I have to assume you know better than I but I can’t help thinking that a more reasonable ticket price(or reduced price initiative) under these sort of circumstances would encourage the sale of these empty seats on match days, and more importantly repeat business and the very strong potential to turn a standard ticket sale in to a season ticket sale.

I can categorically say, had the seat been as little as £10 less, I would have bought it. Had she of enjoyed the game, I would have bought it again, and I would be taking my pals regularly too, but not at that price.
It's a shame to see the empty seats during the games however the club needs to maintain a certain level or current ST holders would leave and buy only the games they want at lower costs thereby reducing revenues further
Brentford have a couple games a year where you pay what you like for a ticket and the ST holders are angry about that.
I think that they could introduce a ST holders 24 hour special where you can buy an available additional seat at half price from 24 hours before kick off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here