Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Planet Earth II

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
They're not hard. They just had a bit of a wrestling match. They didn't even break the other's skin.

Now, the chinstrap penguins, braving 60 foot waves, against jagged rocks, then walking two miles every other day, just to feed the chicks? That's hard.

Those penguins were amazing. The footage (not this programme) of Emperor penguins in the Antarctic where they change the front rows constantly as they move forward into howling winds at sub-zero temperatures is a sight to behold. Tough little blighters.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Proper television made by proper film makers and informative to the nth degree. A refreshing change from "reality" TV

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
how incredible was that
the footage of the iguana and the snakes was totally unexpected and jaw dropping.It was one of the craziest and incredible wildlife footage ive ever seen

simply amazing.

ps penguins are hard as balls......bow down respect

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Spot on. Those penguins need to be nominated for WHC. Standing on that rock looking at that surf and your mates in the water getting battered and thinking 'well the wife and kids are gtting peckish, so I'd best get on with it'

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Spot on. Those penguins need to be nominated for WHC. Standing on that rock looking at that surf and your mates in the water getting battered and thinking 'well the wife and kids are gtting peckish, so I'd best get on with it'

Especially that poor little penguin who was all bloodied from a battering on the rocks, yet still soldiered on to feed the family. That was indeed an amazing programme emphasising the harshness of natural survival. How many viewers recoiled in horror when those snakes sped after the hatchling iguanas, and at the eeriness of them hiding under rocks stalking their prey. That was a totally unexpected TV experience and when the last iguana literally escaped the grip of death and then avoided being caught by inches how many of you breathed a sigh of relief?! Spectacular TV from a quality research and production team.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How many viewers recoiled in horror when those snakes sped after the hatchling iguanas, and at the eeriness of them hiding under rocks stalking their prey. That was a totally unexpected TV experience and when the last iguana literally escaped the grip of death and then avoided being caught by inches how many of you breathed a sigh of relief?! Spectacular TV from a quality research and production team.
Yep, my wife was amused as I leapt from my seat, shouting encouragement to the iguana. When it escaped, I let a out a such a shout, it was as though Sidwell had lofted a 50 yarder into the welcoming net once again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep, my wife was amused as I leapt from my seat, shouting encouragement to the iguana. When it escaped, I let a out a such a shout, it was as though Sidwell had lofted a 50 yarder into the welcoming net once again.

I was the same, although I didn't jump up. I was cheering him/her all the way.

If it had been one snake, it wouldn't have been quite so bad, but there were loads of them, coming from all directions.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

it was an odd TV experience in the pasta household, it had everything complete shock as the snakes appeared from everywhere.....a real hammer house of horror moment and then cheering on the iguana and shouting "go on"......the blokes that film this for the BBC are absolutely world class.......its quite the most astounding wildlife footage.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Reminded me of those Sinbad movies in the 70's, with beach monsters and stuff, great stuff.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Just incredible footage.

Me and the Mrs were sitting there cheering that last little iguana on. Genuinely distraught when it looked as though he hadn't made it. Our cat especially liked the bit with all the birds. She was staring at the TV the whole time that segment was showing.

As others have said this is proper television. No gimmicks, no prizes or pretensions. Just nature captured by talented documentarians. When you see the danger they put themselves in to capture footage of those penguins you have to respect them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When you've been filming Komodo dragons all day, and come home to find one in your bathroom.

[tweet]795379154300456960[/tweet]

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
What an amaizing first programme. I'm not frightened of snakes at all but those ******* racer snakes were terrifying. Massive credit to all the team who did this.....edge of the seat stuff.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Fantastic and mesmerising all round. Camera shots incredible and topped off by the voice and presence of David Attenborough

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Snakes were intense!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Can we please have more quality stuff like this at the expense of Britains got talent, Strictly come dancing, cake baking and all the other poop that is on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here