Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petrol Prices

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Just wondering how diesel/petrol prices are faring in the UK? I filled up at Carrefour, Malaga this morning with diesel at 1.01 euros a litre. On todays exchange rate about 71p a litre. Mind you that includes the 10% discount on their loyalty card.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Around £1.199 to ?1.239 seems to be the average.
All price reductions of a few months ago have been reversed with no great outcry and no comment at all by the media

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Just wondering how diesel/petrol prices are faring in the UK? I filled up at Carrefour, Malaga this morning with diesel at 1.01 euros a litre. On todays exchange rate about 71p a litre. Mind you that includes the 10% discount on their loyalty card.

10%?! The margin at the forecourt cannot be that much surely? I trust you bought an overpriced, out of date pie at the convenience store to make up for it!

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
10%?! The margin at the forecourt cannot be that much surely? I trust you bought an overpriced, out of date pie at the convenience store to make up for it!

Empanada please! You get 10% at Carrefour [Cepsa fuel] or 5% at Cepsa's own service stations.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I've been paying £1.14 for the last month or two, very little has changed recently. Still nice not to be paying £1.35!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Noticeable that after a decade of being artificially inflated, diesel prices are now equal to or below unleaded prices at the pump.
Average here is 115.9 to 118.9p per litre.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Diesel is cheaper than petrol in France, but the government are kicking up a fuss about diesel being worse for the environment so it'll probably rocket soon.

That is why the price in the UK was falsely inflated.
What change there has been in government taxation or policies and why I have no idea but the change in the last month or so has been quite noticeable. Not long ago diesel was up to 5p a litre more than unleaded.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Diesel averaging 117cents per litre here in BP/Shell stations. However Carrefour still lead the way at 112c., that netts down to 101c using their loyalty card.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Please update petrol prices on page one second post our diesel has just matched our unleaded petrol. 118.9

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Im just back from a few weeks in the states. Prices here are a shock to the system after paying $2.35 gallon.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Check out 'petrolprices.co.uk'

Gives you the five or six nearest cheapest filling stations to your Post Code

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here