Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Pervis Estupiñán

[Tweet]https://twitter.com/jakebarber04/status /1559580822725922818s=21&t=zWl7FjxaBaxF1wtkhv3Q0g[/Tweet]

Last edited:

Aug 8, 2012
I think this guy has played in Champions league semi and Europa league final. They are only letting him go as they need the money and have three left backs. He wants to play wing back and Emery wants defensive full backs. We have moved on to a different level from Hughton's signings

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sarmiento
Caicedo
Estupinan
Alzate
Mac Allister
Enciso

The LatinoAmerica grill are going to be doing a roaring trade!

View attachment 150923

Jeremy and Julio make the perfect couple.

So is that three Ecuadorian internationals we will have now ?

Bit obvious who our 'second team' at the World Cup is.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
On paper this might be our biggest ever signing

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

The Argus ran the headline "Brighton sign the Biggest name in football" when we signed Charlie Oatway, on account of him having 11 forenames.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
On paper this might be our biggest ever signing

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Has to be. You could argue Lallana, Welbs and even Vicente/Bridge/Upson were bigger relatively, but this is a guy leaving one of last seasons very best teams in Europe to join us.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Oh goodie - a player we wanted, but wouldn't come. But we still...............oh so! .......wanted. so we went back for him again to see if he'd come to us this time. please, please, pretty please ...............................

Differet position on the field ........ but it all feels a bit Jahanbakhsh to me!

Did the same with Ulloa, he turned out fine

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It does say ‘decision making’ under ‘weaknesses on the Scout Report site. Seems that’s right.

This is why Cucu is so hard to replace like for like.

Cucu has the decision making of a £62m player, it’s world class. The best example of this is the home game against Manure. He played in the back 3 and was in defence when he was needed but also on the left wing or steaming into the box (scoring) when he needed to be. Because of this astonishing positioning ability, Trossard was able to play as a ‘false’ left wing back and was inevitably turning up as a No.10 and out flanking Manure almost constantly in the second half. They simply had no answer to what we were doing but Cucu in the LCB role was the key.

I suppose we have got Colwill to do that now, but I can’t see Pervis being anything like as good as Cucu at centre back (another known weakness is Perv’s aerial ability).

However, I am confident that we are going to see a very strong performer at LB and LWB, we’re just not getting a player who can play two positions at the same time but I suppose that’s why Cucu is £62m and Pervis is £15m ono.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Jeremy and Julio make the perfect couple.

So is that three Ecuadorian internationals we will have now ?

Bit obvious who our 'second team' at the World Cup is.

"Second team" Nah sorry my first with that pratt in charge the only reason i want Southgate to do ok is. I don't want him to get the sack :dunky:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Cucu has the decision making of a £62m player, it’s world class. The best example of this is the home game against Manure. He played in the back 3 and was in defence when he was needed but also on the left wing or steaming into the box (scoring) when he needed to be. Because of this astonishing positioning ability, Trossard was able to play as a ‘false’ left wing back and was inevitably turning up as a No.10 and out flanking Manure almost constantly in the second half. They simply had no answer to what we were doing but Cucu in the LCB role was the key.

I suppose we have got Colwill to do that now, but I can’t see Pervis being anything like as good as Cucu at centre back (another known weakness is Perv’s aerial ability).

Aerial duels won 21/22:

Cucu 40/76 53% (height 1.72)

Pervis 29/53 55% (height: 1.75)

Obviously, just some basic numbers but suggest Perv isn't particularly weak in the air.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Second? I think I'm more excited about Ecuador than England. Mitoma's Japan are my second team.

Good chance that England could play Ecuador in the second round.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

However, I am confident that we are going to see a very strong performer at LB and LWB, we’re just not getting a player who can play two positions at the same time but I suppose that’s why Cucu is £62m and Pervis is £15m ono.

Yep. What makes Cucu almost unique in football is he has the work rate and general energy of a headless chicken but the mental side of his game is off the scale too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here