Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
All joking and rival mockery aside, one thing is clear: on the whole, our recruitment has been absolutely sensational, working on multiple levels, recruiting youth/dev players for peanuts and selling for 5ish million a pop, recruiting bargain first teamers and on occasion returning a 70% profit... even with the odd dufffer it’s truly phenomenal stuff.

I tend to agree though, given the current market speed - let’s sell our list to the ‘big’ clubs... I can’t even get my home shirt printed with our latest star name before we’ve sold him ... lol.

I see he’s officially signed btw :)

More great work.

Think you are missing a 0 in your profit figure

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Tremendous business, make a sale for £62m and then spend about a quarter of that on a player that’s been on our radar for years. Outstanding work.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Pervis Estupiñán

Easy tiger!

How do you know he is not going to be as good as Cucu?

I think he could be as good as Cucu at LWB and LB. I think I stated that.

We’re buying him at roughly the same price as Cucu, how do you know where he can play and how many positions he can adapt to?

Transfermarkt offer a relatively useful but not wholly precise resume of what positions a player has played in during their career:
94e70469236f2b0289cf8046d829f0a5.jpg

I note he has played centre back once in 2016 in the Spanish 3rd tier. He’s not been used there since. There is some evidence to suggest that he’ll be better in a more attack focused position. He strikes me as a natural wing-back given that he is very swift and is able to dribble well.

have you ever seen him play?

I’ve seen plenty of showreels on YouTube but never in person. Do you think that invalidates an opinion? I’ve also read quite a lot about him. He actually reminds me of Lua Lua in terms of power, dribbling and skill but with a much better football brain which brings an ability to pass at the right time and a defensive mindset. But I just can’t see this guy as a centre back, no matter how hard Potter tries. We have Colwill for that.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Welcome to the PL Pervis !

Absolutely delighted for you, the club and the fans. A great signing.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Great signing.

Got to admire the clubs resilience. He turns us down but we do what we need to, to get it over the line.

Losing Cucu this window was a blow, softened by 62 million big ones and now his replacement for a quarter of it..

:albion2:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hasn't it been a mad window?!

Yep. Not so very long ago us signing a first team left back would have seen dancing in the streets.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Good interview. I make that three Ecuardorians, one Paraguayan, one Columbian, one Argentinian. Have I missed anyone else from South America?
And on the same day as we tell Man Utd not to bother making a bid for Caicedo, as we won't sell.

W1A

Mar 16, 2022
Gotta be a chant to the tune of Englishman in New York:

“Woahho, he’s Estupinan, he’s Pervis Estupinan, he’s our left back from Ecuador”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here