Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I hadn't seen that. In which case, then probably the agent looking to advertise his availability to other potential suitors. I would be astounded if that is, or ever was, us. No player is going to respond to interest from a club that has just sold a left back to a Champions League team for a world record fee by deriding their pedigree to the media. If his agent's response to genuine interest was this kind of bridge burning drivel, he needs to sack his agent.

Agree, agent shenanigans (went to the same school of Agent Feckery as Cucu's). But he's burnt his bridges coming here before the foundations were even placed.

Might or might not have been on our radar. But with the current fresh bruising over Cucu's agent, I doubt we'll get a player with a knobbish agent like this immediately.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

It seems a strange thing to say you're after joining a team with more pedigree when 2 of your Ecuador teammates play for that same side and one of those is Ecuador's best player.

It is even stranger when you consider he's already had an opportunity in England with Watford and failed to make an impact.

That said, I've watched him enough with Ecuador and Villareal to see he is a decent player and would be happy if we signed him (assuming it was his agent comment about pedigree, and not his).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Based on those comments alone, he'd fail the 'No Dickheads' test at the first attempt!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Agree, agent shenanigans (went to the same school of Agent Feckery as Cucu's). But he's burnt his bridges coming here before the foundations were even placed.

Might or might not have been on our radar. But with the current fresh bruising over Cucu's agent, I doubt we'll get a player with a knobbish agent like this immediately.

If Brighton want a new left back, Weir and the boys are eventually going to have to talk to some wanker agent.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
If Brighton want a new left back, Weir and the boys are eventually going to have to talk to some wanker agent.

True, but I think there is a gradient scale of Wanker Agents.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Man Utd have great sporting pedigree, as do Arsenal, neither one has beaten us in their last two attempts. Man city may be in with a £2.50 bid though I suppose?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would be classic Brighton to sign him 2 years after we were first interested.

Maybe now there are two of his international team mates here he might be more inclined to come?

"It's just like watching Ecuador" doesn't have quite the same ring does it?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Posh Spice is a slapper
She'd get with any man
And when she's shagging Beckham
She dreams of Estupiñán

:moo:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton