[Albion] Pervis Estupiñán - SIGNED - 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He may not be be but his agent will. He probably knows the Spanish for Google.

He like the player, won't care in the slightest. 'A club with more sporting pedigree' is just code for 'currently in at least the Europa League and prepared to pay me massive wages.' No player is going to get his agent to sign him up with a team because of its history. The agent would more probably be using Google to find Sky Bet odds for relegation: Forest evens, Brighton 14/1. If he has the option to choose between us and them, he won't, for one second be considering the stars under the badge, he'll be looking at the numbers before the zeros on the wage offer.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Played in the Europa League 2 years ago and 10 games in the CL last season. Would be looking for similar level club imo.

Next.....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Pervis Estupiñán

will be joining us according to the ecuadorian media!!

[tweet]1558545147465441286[/tweet]

I’ve never bought the ‘Brighton is not historic enough’ comment BS.

However, the fact remains that this lad has (according to Transfermarkt) 5 (five) years left on his contract. The only way we are getting him is with a contract buyout. I’m fairly sure this will need to be our record fee as they signed him from Watford for £14m+.

His highlights reel is good though. He reminds me of Kaz, but with a defensive mindset and a whole lot more judgement in terms of when to pass and when to dribble.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hopeful, if he comes in I really don’t get the Colwill loan doubt Chelsea want him warming the bench.

I get the impression Chelsea won’t have a choice. If they didn’t let us have Colwill, they probably wouldn’t of got Cucurella.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’ve never bought the ‘Brighton is not historic enough’ comment BS.

However, the fact remains that this lad has (according to Transfermarkt) 5 (five) years left on his contract. The only way we are getting him is with a contract buyout. I’m fairly sure this will need to be our record fee as they signed him from Watford for £14m+.

His highlights reel is good though. He reminds me of Kaz, but with a defensive mindset and a whole lot more judgement in terms of when to pass and when to dribble.

If he's at Villarreal then he should have a mandatory buy out amount in his contract like Cucurella (and Messi).

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Played for Watford and wasn’t favoured

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Pervis Estupiñán

Hopeful, if he comes in I really don’t get the Colwill loan doubt Chelsea want him warming the bench.

Colwill can play on the left and might well play there as LB once or twice but he’s cover for our centre backs in a three or a four. . This bloke , if he’s joining , gives Potter a chance to play a four with Trossard /Mitoma ahead of him on the left. (Or as a wing back). Cucurella of course could play any of these roles. That’s the challenge and why he was £60m+
But we’ll see - no Brit sources yet.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Losing Cucu meant we had to replace two positions really given how much he played at LCB last year due to injuries. Colwill was a free way for us to sort out the CB position while Van Hecke develops. In effect Colwill was the Burn replacement we didn’t need until we sold Cucu.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports