Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] People you used to like but now can't stand

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
John Cleese, although he's been a bit of a nob for a few years.

And as others have said, Ian Botham.

I'll also chuck in Lawrence Fox. I've always loved Morse/Lewis and now I can't stand it when he comes on.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Graham Linehan

I can continue to admire someone's work, and also think they may be a bit of a pr*ck, without any conflict. I don't really care if someone is grumpy and a bit of an arse in person, especially where they have never claimed to be anything else. In the case of Coogan and Gervais, I think they actually channel that part of their personaility to make their onscreen characters what they are.

But when someone who's work you love then uses their fame in hateful ways, such as Linehan, that is genuinely disappointing.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Anthea Turner

About 20 years ago I bumped into her (almost literally) doing her shopping in an M&S in London, looking painfully thin and nervously fragile and vulnerable like she needed a good meal and a good hug. Have rightly or wrongly always felt a bit sorry for her since then.

D

Deleted member 2719

My best man formally best mate. Found his dislike of the disabled intolerable. My son was born disabled!

Really, he sounds like a portsmouth fan (#****).
What is his issues with the disabled???

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
what's clapton done?

'The spark for Rock Against Racism came when rock musician Eric Clapton made racist statements at a concert in Birmingham in 1976. Clapton urged his audience to ‘get the foreigners out’ and ‘keep Britain white’.'

https://www.impressions-gallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/RAR-Info-sheet.pdf

Also, google tells me that more recently he's been a bit of an anti-vaccice conspiricy theorist: https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...e-conspiracies-mark-sad-final-act-ncna1281619

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here