Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] People you used to like but now can't stand

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Trevor Sinclair - wildly exaggerates his footballing ability and achievements (on the strength of one goal). A big head in old money

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Misogynists, liars, incompetents, self aggrandising narcissists, they’re all evil in their own ways, but I thought Putin had a level of intelligence. I was wrong.

KGB. It’s wasn’t hard to be a spy in Soviet era Russia. You just had to be a bit snide, have some dirt on your enemies and be willing to **** people over. Most weren’t much more than brain-washed thugs for hire. Being manipulative was the key qualification. That, and being a ****.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Misogynists, liars, incompetents, self aggrandising narcissists, they’re all evil in their own ways, but I thought Putin had a level of intelligence. I was wrong.

R4 (I think it was) a few weeks had a piece about the real Putin, with measured input from experts on Russia including Russians would you believe. Their conclusion was that Putin is not intelligent by any normal measure, in fact that’s a huge weakness in the person. But obviously; paranoid, lacking all empathy, self obsessed, with a Soviet attitude to having opponents murdered or sent a very long way away forever.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
James Corden

Thought he was a great actor in the History Boys, and really loved Gavin & Stacey. Now think he’s a tit.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
James Corden

Thought he was a great actor in the History Boys, and really loved Gavin & Stacey. Now think he’s a tit.

Good shout. His character was terrific in G&S. to be fair he did a good job in the surprisingly good film they made of Paul Potts’ life story. The rest? No thanks.

Morrissey for obvious reasons. Ricky Gervais, forgot the golden never punch down rule. George Galloway I liked when he was socking it to the Americans in the Senate over the Iraq War but now seems to have turned into a Scottish Jeremy Clarkson

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Always struck me as a fake, star struck, sycophantic, ego driven, talentless gobshite.

Also an establishment wannabe . . . . Have witnessed first hand . . . . Pretty much snubbed my son @ Goodwood when Lord MArch looked like he would have said hello/shook his hand, but was otherwise engaged with him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
John Cleese.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here