Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People who ruined their careers from saying / doing something considered morally wrong

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Tony Bloom taking over the club with all these promises of a bright future.

Instead, he got rid of The Withdean for nothing, moved the club outside of Brighton, changed the direction of the seagulls flight on the club badge, built a stadium with a really low ceiling, sacked Kerry Mayo from the 1901 club and put all the clubs money into his poker/gambling addiction.

Immoral is an understatement. Can't see him running our club for much longer.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can you imagine being told by your Music agent, "from now on guys, Preston is writing all your songs!"

The beginning of the end. Celeb Big brother awaits you.

Well, easy to shout from the touch line. He's a talented bloke who is very much in demand as a songwriter. His band still tours all over the world and he's an extremely content bloke who makes a living doing what he loves and is a very good bloke with it.
To be honest from your previous posts on certain subjects I'd have credited you with a bit more empathy and insight. You've let yourself down here.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Well, easy to shout from the touch line. He's a talented bloke who is very much in demand as a songwriter. His band still tours all over the world and he's an extremely content bloke who makes a living doing what he loves and is a very good bloke with it.
To be honest from your previous posts on certain subjects I'd have credited you with a bit more empathy and insight. You've let yourself down here.

You have a point. I should be a lot more sympathetic towards him.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You have a point. I should be a lot more sympathetic towards him.

Feel what you feel. I sincerely don't imagine he needs your sympathy though. Or anyone's for that matter.
Anyway, he's been a friend of the family for over 30 years and we're all proud as punch of him. Nice guy.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
From the abuse, absolutely,
From bristows comments , no.
I thought you'd know all about PTSD , given that it afflicts servicemen as well as victims of child sexual abuse.

The reason Bristow's comments were so heinous is that most survivors of CSA do think about taking matters into their own hands and most feel like impotent failures for not being able to do anything about it. For many Bristow calling them 'wimps' will have brought back all those feelings of worthlessness.

It's exactly the sort of thing that would cause a survivor of CSA suffering.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jools Holland on a preview for The Tube calling for all the groovy f***ers to switch on.

End of The Tube.

Absolutely no way could THAT have been what ended The Tube. I saw a lesbian woman bass player get her GRUFF out once during a live performance, just as the camera zoomed right in.

Actually, that might have been The Word. The mind plays tricks.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I saw a lesbian woman bass player get her GRUFF out once during a live performance, just as the camera zoomed right in.

Actually, that might have been The Word. The mind plays tricks.

Are you sure it wasn't Last Night of the Proms?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Frank Bough, Danielle Westbrook,the sicko lead singer of the Lost Prophets*

*I don't want to google his name,you don't know what you might get, 10 years possibly

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I still can't believe Rodney Marsh was sacked for that joke.

Jaap Stam dissing Sir Alex Ferguson in his book didn't do much for his United prospects either

Speaking of a joke

Rodney%20Marsh.jpg

did Marsh do that well as to win a championship in Florida as a player? I only remember him in US as a manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here