Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People who ruined their careers from saying / doing something considered morally wrong

I got sacked from Brighton Council in the late 80s for writing 'Don't Pay' in biro as a speech bubble coming out of the Brighton Council bloke's mouth on the cover of the Council Tax introductory booklet on as many of them as we could when we were mailing them out. I wasn't alone and we made the Argus front page the following week with a picture of some bloke who'd received one in the post holding it up for the camera.

I know someone who took advantage of the advances in photocopying technology to doctor a local council consultation leaflet to make it read HASTINGS BOROUGH COUNCIL HAVE PRODUCED A DAFT LOCAL PLAN.

He didn't get sacked. In fact, he went on to become the Chief Executive of another nearby local council.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Can you imagine being told by your Music agent, "from now on guys, Preston is writing all your songs!"

The beginning of the end. Celeb Big brother awaits you.

Hold it right there! Preston is one of my nearest and dearest. I won't have him slagged off on here. Not on my watch! Boys will be Boys is up there with Bohemian Rhapsody.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I know someone who took advantage of the advances in photocopying technology to doctor a local council consultation leaflet to make it read HASTINGS BOROUGH COUNCIL HAVE PRODUCED A DAFT LOCAL PLAN.
But why were the council trying to produce a local plant in the first place? Bit out of their remit, I'd have thought.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Yeah, it was preeeeeeeeeeeetty bad, wasn't it.

I remember watching it live and actually wincing.

Nah, the "joke" was mocking David Beckham and his lack of intelligence, not the victims of the tsunami. Massive difference and a complete over-reaction. And I say that as someone who can't stand Rodney Marsh.

As for Preston and his Buzzcocks walkout, again I'm no fan but I would have smacked Simon Amstell, who was absolutely ripping the piss out of his then wife.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
John Inverdale - Marion Bartoli was 'never going to be a looker'.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bill Clinton........
"I did not have sexual relations with THAT woman"
Allegedly :)

Again, not sure how his career's been damaged; he makes a fortune on the after-dinner circuit and has an estimated net worth of $80m. I'd love a ruined career like that

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Again, not sure how his career's been damaged; he makes a fortune on the after-dinner circuit and has an estimated net worth of $80m. I'd love a ruined career like that
I thought his political career was over, but if the red necks still want to pay to here him talk, he's laughing!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here