Paul Berbers Revenue Streams

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But it's a bit like complaining about a parking ticket when you're late back to your car, or when you get caught speeding, isn't it?

I'm sorry you had to shell out another £10, and that might seem a bit steep, but hopefully you'll not make the same mistake again. As pointed out before, it is nothing new, just gone up, like a lot of things. Again, this is nothing new in the wider economy; wouldn't see it as PB's fault – maybe it is TB you should be complaining about?

Plus, if we are aiming for the PL, I think only the most naive would expect things to stay the same. Prices will go up if/when we get promoted, and I'm prepared for the binfest(s)...

My father is on his third smart card this season because the club squeezed some more seats in, then had to rework them due to an access f*** up. Maybe my father can charge the club £30 for the constant renumbering of his card?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The ticket office already has to deal with thousands of tickets each game, and don't get that right, so why not use a deterrent? It's cheaper and simpler.

How do you provide a deterrent for a genuine mistake?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Genuine mistakes suffer because of the actions of touts.

My point being they do not have to. It's not difficult to impliment a 2 re-prints per season and then you pay £10 policy. This will allow genuine mistakes to be resolved and hit serial abusers in the pocket.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Insiders answer just refers to replacing smart cards that have been passed on and then not collected by the owner. The owner just asks for a new smart card! This is not the same as forgetting your card and asking for a paper replacement for one match as the OP did.

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
I know Paul Barber has been bought in to create new revenue streams for the club, and yesterday I fell victim to one of them.
I forgot my season tickets yesterday (Brum) and so went into the ticket office before the game hoping they could print me some paper tickets off.
Good news, they could, but at £5 each!!!!
I had no choice did I, pay up or go home.
"ten quid? Ok then! (sigh) ( 2 tickets)
" courtesy of PB's new Terms and conditions" says the ticket office bloke.
Now I don't mind paying a fair price, but £5 to print off a ticket is taking the piss, especially when I have paid for it once already
Any one else noticed any other "stealth taxes" creeping in (apart from food/drink etc?
PS -Don't forget your ST's

I hope you remembered to put on your pants

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Insiders answer just refers to replacing smart cards that have been passed on and then not collected by the owner. The owner just asks for a new smart card! This is not the same as forgetting your card and asking for a paper replacement for one match as the OP did.

Do you read it that way? It refers to cancelling the card.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
You do, he's moaning about being ripped off to the tune of £5 for a ticket reprint.

Because he forgot his ticket. he turned up to an event without a ticket and was still able to gain entry for a fiver, what's the problem?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
He turned up to an event without a ticket and was still able to gain entry for a fiver, what's the problem?

He turned up at an event that he'd already paid for , having forgotten his ticket, he was then charged an extra £5, it's profiteering, plain and simple, I think a nominal charge should be applied, it's known as goodwill, he is a fan, the lifeblood of any club.

I remember a time when if you turned up at the match without your ticket you either went home and got it or missed the event, we are living in a mollycoddled society now were you can just leave the house with your head up your arse and your brain in neutral because hey, it doesn't matter I just fill in a form and get another ticket/£20 note/ train ticket/payment on a betting slip/hotel door key etc etc. FFS people take some some responsibility. if I forgot my ST i'd breathe a sigh of relief that I could get it replaced for the price of a pint.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I remember a time when if you turned up at the match without your ticket you either went home and got it or missed the event, we are living in a mollycoddled society now were you can just leave the house with your head up your arse and your brain in neutral because hey, it doesn't matter I just fill in a form and get another ticket/£20 note/ train ticket/payment on a betting slip/hotel door key etc etc. FFS people take some some responsibility. if I forgot my ST i'd breathe a sigh of relief that I could get it replaced for the price of a pint.

Absolutely this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports