Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Parish v Barber: FIGHT!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
All I can see is a legal mine field either way, from relegation to promotion professional football behind closed doors is not professional football it’s unfair as the crowd influence many games from unnerving a keeper to making Zaha cry :lolol:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I hope we do go to court if we are relegated after being made to accept neutral venues.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
All I can see is a legal mine field either way, from relegation to promotion professional football behind closed doors is not professional football it’s unfair as the crowd influence many games from unnerving a keeper to making Zaha cry :lolol:

One game aside (and we didn't win that one), our crowd must have been shite this season then.

If 14 clubs have to vote for neutral venues then which 6 are going to vote against?

After us I assume...

Norwich
Newcastle so Ashley has a PL team to sell
West Ham because Gold and Sullivan will want to save the Hammers
Villa
Bournemouth
Watford
Southampton
Man Utd to annoy Liverpool
Everton to annoy Liverpool

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
One game aside (and we didn't win that one), our crowd must have been shite this season then.

If 14 clubs have to vote for neutral venues then which 6 are going to vote against?

After us I assume...

Norwich
Newcastle so Ashley has a PL team to sell
West Ham because Gold and Sullivan will want to save the Hammers
Villa
Bournemouth
Watford
Southampton
Man Utd to annoy Liverpool
Everton to annoy Liverpool
Spurs are against neutral venues

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Palace need the season to get going at all costs.... Palace are in a very precarious position, they pay huge wages, their American owners desperately want out... they could be going for a 3rd admin..... Parish is desperate....

Stop making up crap.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Your finances healthy then, as a club?

We are fine thanks. Lets see what your wage bill looks like after 7 season in the top league, if your turdig football keeps you up that long...

Back on topic. - Still can't see the season being completed, Surely they will just null and void this season, Its the right thing to do.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Parish has his agenda

Barber has his

Every one has to protect their own interests. I don’t think anyone should be ashamed of looking after themselves. The only people I have issue with are tw**s like Alan Nixon on Twitter who talk like Palace and Burnley are virtuous by wanting to play and those that have issues are the devil. Burnley have nothing to lose and need the cash so that’s their agenda and fair enough, ours is to stay up and so we will want every advantage possible to do that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We are fine thanks. Lets see what your wage bill looks like after 7 season in the top league, if your turdig football keeps you up that long...

Back on topic. - Still can't see the season being completed, Surely they will just null and void this season, Its the right thing to do.

Lol...and there was me having heard about how Palarse fans were not very happy about the boring football being served up at home games up until that last few games

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The reason I believe is to stop fans turning up outside the stadium which would happen with the likes of liverpool, to just celebrate them winning the title as well as others beating the drop.

It is.

Two important issues that have been repeatedly raised and explained and raised again.

1. Lazy mischief makers have claimed that Barber opposes the completion of the season, which is a lie. They then explain the reason for this lie: that Brighton want to fix it that we don't get relegated. It's a classic tactic in gutter journalism. Make up a lie then offer a plausible explanation so people accept the lie. The Sun used to ring up places like Lambeth council late on a Friday afternoon and ask some poor secretary to comment on the plan to ban Baa Baa Black sheep from schools as it is racist. Poor secretary would say 'er, I'm sure the council have discussed this but I'm not in a position to comment'. Sun headline next day: "Loonie lefties ban Baa Baa Black sheep", They never did. It was all a lie.

2. This story about having to play at neutral venues owing to the hoards of locals who would turn up and paw at the stadium doors on match day is total ****. As I said yesterday, if people turn up and congergate and won't disperse, hose them, tazer them, arrest them and put them in jail for a year. Make this plan a well publicised thing. Run a TV campaign. And . . .exhale. In fact, better still, hose and rubber bullets - that would keep the police safe. Yes this sounds over the top but it is less over the top than making Brighton play Liverpool at Villa Park. But....in reality, hoards of locals won't turn up. They certainly won't if they know they will get hosed and rubber bulletted if they do. FFS. In fact, didn't Boris buy a nice water cannon that would do a job somewhere? ???

The Germans are not going to play at neutral grounds, or play 30 minute halves. Why? Because although they may be going too early on this, they are not stupid ***** who couldn't organise a piss up in a Brauerei. :shrug:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Parish has his agenda

Barber has his

Every one has to protect their own interests. I don’t think anyone should be ashamed of looking after themselves. The only people I have issue with are tw**s like Alan Nixon on Twitter who talk like Palace and Burnley are virtuous by wanting to play and those that have issues are the devil. Burnley have nothing to lose and need the cash so that’s their agenda and fair enough, ours is to stay up and so we will want every advantage possible to do that.
I'm on the verge of muting the idiot Nixon on Twitter until the season is over.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
[QUOTE=Harry Wilson's tackle;9338710.... In fact, didn't Boris buy a nice water cannon that would do a job somewhere? ???....

think that he brought three, but Mrs May made him sell them again after they'd sit idle in some garage somewhere for ages

Jimmy Grimble

Genuine question -

Are you/your fans worried about Hodgson if football does resume?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
If Germany play their games at Neutral grounds I guess we will follow suit.

If Germany play their games at home grounds I guess we will follow suit.

Why / How could we do anything different?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here