Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Parish v Barber: FIGHT!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Parish seems to coming in for some uncalled for stick on here, but I don’t think he’s said anything untowards ?
He wants the games to be played in a safe environment, and it seems having 10 stadiums open as opposed to 20 ,will be the answer.
As for those who say Parish is doing it for the money, and Barber is doing if for integrity of football, what rubbish ! Barber knows that relegation will cost the club a absolute fortune.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Parish seems to coming in for some uncalled for stick on here, but I don’t think he’s said anything untowards ?
He wants the games to be played in a safe environment, and it seems having 10 stadiums open as opposed to 20 ,will be the answer.
As for those who say Parish is doing it for the money, and Barber is doing if for integrity of football, what rubbish ! Barber knows that relegation will cost the club a absolute fortune.
Parish is a bellend spiv.

That's not uncalled for stick, it's FACT.

Regards

LL x

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Parish is doing it for the money or maybe he could publish your accounts to show what a healthy position you are in.... He knows if this goes any longer it will be CPFC2020 or CPFC2021 that will be playing soon....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

You’re correct on the last bit, Barber openly admitted it on 5live on Monday evening:
1. Every club acts with an element of self interest.
2. Yes, this is about money, the PL is a business. He was talking globally, that is, the 20 clubs as a whole are determined that this season completes for financial reasons.

Barber never claimed that he’s the saviour of integrity in the sport, he just has one issue on neutral grounds.

If anyone’s putting Barber on a moral pedestal, it’s certainly not Barber or the club.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Palace need the season to get going at all costs.... Palace are in a very precarious position, they pay huge wages, their American owners desperately want out... they could be going for a 3rd admin..... Parish is desperate....

and if they don’t play at their shithole ground it would benefit them, even if they played at some god forsaken ploughed furrowed recreation ground. Actually, thinking about that, it means they would be playing at Smelhurst anyhow.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Parish is doing it for the money or maybe he could publish your accounts to show what a healthy position you are in.... He knows if this goes any longer it will be CPFC2020 or CPFC2021 that will be playing soon....

Just an informed guess, but I think the Wan-Bissaka sale, purely as a one off wiped out their otherwise substantial annual accounting losses for 2019/20.

But why do they keep filing their annual accounts late?

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The problem is, we will be backed into a corner. It's basically: Finish the season with neutral venues, or abandon the season. You can almost sense the pressure that the big guns will be placing on the six "recalcitrant" clubs who don't want neutral venues. If the season IS abandoned, it will be seen to be the fault of Brighton, Villa, West Ham and presumably three other clubs at the bottom (but probably mostly our fault, as Barber raised his head above the parapet*) We are in a No-Win situation.

*quite rightly, in my view.
I understand Tottenham are against neutral venues.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Why not just demolish 10 stadiums then. It's not the answer to how the league is played. That's home and away. Tournament football is played at neutral stadiums (apart from the team/country hosting) and the only time England have even got to the final is on home soil, funny that.

That we can't trust fans not to turn up outside grounds especially Liverpool is easily dealt with. Any team that supporters from their club come within a certain area of the ground will be automatically deducted 50 points. Bet you those that would affect would start to speak out that it's not fair. Why should we be at a disadvantage because other teams fans are thick.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Spot on, if the government say 'no sport' then I would imagine then the clubs business interruption insurance would kick in (I am sure they have it??) and everyone happy as the clubs and TV get their money, the season can be cancelled and everyone happy, unless you are Liverpool or
Palace whom seem to be desperate not to play at Selhurst. Still prefer play when safe to do and mop up after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Business interruption insurance is not in the main paying out for covid19. This has been covered on several financial phone-ins.

Christopher Woolard, FCA interim chief executive, said: ‘We have been clear that we believe in the majority of cases, business interruption insurance was not purchased to, and is unlikely to, cover the current emergency.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I understand Tottenham are against neutral venues.

Aren't there reports that at least 6 teams are opposed to it, but because we were the first to come out publicly against it, we're essentially the face of the 'no neutral grounds' opinion.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
That we can't trust fans not to turn up outside grounds especially Liverpool is easily dealt with. Any team that supporters from their club come within a certain area of the ground will be automatically deducted 50 points.

If the Premier League season is resumed (I don't think it will) there must be a huge chance that most of Liverpools games are played as far away from Anfield as possible. And also at the venue that is most challenging for their fans to turn up at.

Therefore expect Liverpool to be crowned champions at the Amex with a huge number of their fans gathering in Brighton (as mentioned before, plenty of alcohol is available in supermarkets and off-licences).

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Just an informed guess, but I think the Wan-Bissaka sale, purely as a one off wiped out their otherwise substantial annual accounting losses for 2019/20.

But why do they keep filing their annual accounts late?

would have thought they would be fine...Afterall, they have £100 million ring fenced for a new stand....:lolol::lolol::lolol:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Aren't there reports that at least 6 teams are opposed to it, but because we were the first to come out publicly against it, we're essentially the face of the 'no neutral grounds' opinion.

I understand Barber is against it along with 4 others in the bottom six, including Wet Sham plus Spurs. Of course as Barber is not a yes man, we are being portrayed as the bad guys in this, even to the extent that some journalists said that the threat of relegation was taken away, this is utter bull shit.
Paul Barber has categorically said that in the meeting last week nothing was mentioned regarding relegation. A journalist with to much spare time trying to shit stir.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I think it is more to do with the location of the neutral ground, the police want grounds chosen that are hard to get to, or easy for them to ensue that crowds don't get to.
So what happens when the Government ease the lockdown only to say 'Yes we have eased the lockdown and you can gather in small groups but not on matchdays at the neutral/home venues.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I can understand the concern re fans congregating outside a football ground but I wonder how many people travel on the tube to get around London each day.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If neutral venues is agreed, how many games will it take for a player to suddenly test positive for Covid?
Maybe Liverpool lose the next four games, ( I know unlikely) and Man city win there next 4, the bin dippers will try to get the season stopped and not restarted until they can play at home with fans inside.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If neutral venues is agreed, how many games will it take for a player to suddenly test positive for Covid?
Maybe Liverpool lose the next four games, ( I know unlikely) and Man city win there next 4, the bin dippers will try to get the season stopped and not restarted until they can play at home with fans inside.

At this point I think the risk of one or far more likely several players getting the virus would be about 100% but in mid/late June/July it could look very different. Its obviously still a giant risk though. One sick player and their would be lawsuits, protests, players refusing to play.. the whole package. If it goes to hell it would mean resuming play again would be near impossible before the vaccin/other solution emerges. It would possibly mean the end of the Premier League as we know it today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here