Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew Sacked [merged]

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Zola? Don't be silly, this is the Mighty Southampton, have a little respect!

I would imagine they're probably on the phone to Mourinho or Pep Guardiola as we speak.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i hope they dont keep Wilkins permenantly as they'll compete for the top 6 under him. with Pardew gone and a period of unsettled relations which must follow such an abrupt sacking and a new manager, they are out of the running imo. which is good for us.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Unless there's a very good reason this makes Southampton look very stupid, sacking a manager after a 4-0 away win ? It's pretty clear that without Lambert they are not that good but with him back now they're starting to play.

I almost feel sorry for whoever takes over there as promotion must be written into their contract. My bet would be Curbushley, Ince or maybe Ian Dowie seeing as he used to play for them. However I wouldn't be too surprised if they wanted Quitter Keegan.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not so sure. Wendy had one (half) decent season with us, and while he could consider himself unlucky to be fired- though not as unlucky as Pardew :lolol:- I was never convinced he was actually going to take us up a level.

Nice bloke, played some reasonable football, but I always felt he struggled to relate to the senior players, and was too interested in the- admittedly noble- concept of building a side round his former youth team players. Maybe experience has reshaped his way of thinking since but I had the suspicion he lacked authority with the players who had been around the block a bit, and would ultimately be walked over too easily.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
By the way: when they unveil their new boss, whoever he may be, will the press be allowed in to take the traditional photos of said individual holding a scarf aloft on the pitch, or will we have to make do with drawings, cartoons and our own imagination?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Unless there's a very good reason this makes Southampton look very stupid, sacking a manager after a 4-0 away win ? It's pretty clear that without Lambert they are not that good but with him back now they're starting to play.

I almost feel sorry for whoever takes over there as promotion must be written into their contract. My bet would be Curbushley, Ince or maybe Ian Dowie seeing as he used to play for them. However I wouldn't be too surprised if they wanted Quitter Keegan.
Makes me think there must have been something else going on. Ok, they've had a slow start but 4 nil away to Bristol Rovers is a great result in this division and looked to have got them going. I still think they'll go up, look at the squad they've got, so on the face of it this looks like an absurd decision.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
By the way: when they unveil their new boss, whoever he may be, will the press be allowed in to take the traditional photos of said individual holding a scarf aloft on the pitch, or will we have to make do with drawings, cartoons and our own imagination?

Perhaps they'll offer a representation cast in bronze

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here