Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew Sacked [merged]

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I'm expecting something to happen at Southampton today, something has brought the sacking to a head and i'm beginning to suspect a player leaving the club today... maybe Lambert ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Their press release made great play of needing someone with the ability to link the whole club from youth academy to first team

the day after saying to the press that he would go to the Board for more funds to bring in more players he was sacked and the only people retained were the two with experience of youth development.

They will get the job full time IMO (of course after '"an extensive search which will reveal that there is no-one better currently available and they deserve the chance"). I bet if I could be bothered to check the timing is such that they have a run of very winnable games for the caretaker team

This has all the signs of a club whose new owners have said they will not be as generous with their dosh as daddy was! They may not be skint bur they are running out of silly money to spend. Welcome to the real world!

This.

There may be trouble ahead. Keep the fans thinking they still follow a big club with limitless funds and ambition...in reality they're cutting their clothes to suit their cloth.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Their press release made great play of needing someone with the ability to link the whole club from youth academy to first team

the day after saying to the press that he would go to the Board for more funds to bring in more players he was sacked and the only people retained were the two with experience of youth development.

They will get the job full time IMO (of course after '"an extensive search which will reveal that there is no-one better currently available and they deserve the chance"). I bet if I could be bothered to check the timing is such that they have a run of very winnable games for the caretaker team

This has all the signs of a club whose new owners have said they will not be as generous with their dosh as daddy was! They may not be skint bur they are running out of silly money to spend. Welcome to the real world!

Wouldn't it be amusingly ironic if Wilkins benefited from a totally unjustified sacking of a manager and got the job fulltime?

I have to say I wouldn't give that a 10% chance of happening though/

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Reckon Wilkins would actually do a good job for them. Apparently general opinion from virtually everyone who deals with Pardew is that he is an utter, utter c*ck who surrounds himself with a few lickers. Would seem Wilkins wasn't considered one of them thankfully.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Scumhampton have approached Paul Hart now...thank GOD....stay away from Gus as Hartlepool cant have him walk out on them so soon after signing!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it surely must be a windup linking Paul Hart to the job???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I cannot believe Redneb will be anything but SERIOUSLY underwhelmed by Paul Hart but I think it would be a f***ing brilliant appointment

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I love this story. Southampton need some stability so what do they do? Look to appoint Paul Hart. If he gets the job this will be his 4th managerial job in the last 12 months (Pompey, QPR, Palace).

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Sounds like a "cheap" option to me. Although I think Paul Hart made his name in management originally, by bringing in youth players. Was it Forest about a 100 years ago...?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Paul Hart :lolol:

They'd be much better off sticking with Wilkins if you ask me, I can only presume the new owners are not happy to throw the big bucks at this any more and that perhaps a key player or two are on their way out, why on earth would they go Hart with people Zola around unless that were the case.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I cannot believe Redneb will be anything but SERIOUSLY underwhelmed by Paul Hart but I think it would be a f***ing brilliant appointment

Get rid of AP and bring in this slaphead instead? Not a chance. Anything other than someone like Phil Brown or Paul Jewell would create uproar. Personally I'm at a loss.:tantrum:

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Get rid of AP and bring in this slaphead instead. Not a chance. Anything other than someone like Phil Brown or Paul Jewell would create uproar. Personally I'm at a loss.:tantrum:
I'm beginning to wish I'd taken you up on that ten quid bet this year.

:thumbsup:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Get rid of AP and bring in this slaphead instead? Not a chance. Anything other than someone like Phil Brown or Paul Jewell would create uproar. Personally I'm at a loss.:tantrum:
Wouldn't you rather get someone good in? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here