Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace will make the playoffs - If they keep Zaha in Janurary..

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This is a chart showing how teams' finishing positions related to their positions after ten matches last season.

To the side is a table showing the number of teams that were in the same position after each match as the one they ended up in (with a list of which positions they were).

finish positions comparison2.jpg
(click to enlarge, I think just hovering your mouse over it works, too)

As you can see, there's not much of a pattern to it at all.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One thing Palace do have over us:

They have scored in every single game so far this season, league and cup.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
As long as we are promoted I do not care where they finish. With our full team settled in we should beat them to position in the league easily.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
its a good position to be in but its way to early to predict how it will go . First of all i want our two games to play out and then take it from there . Theres far too much football to go till the end of the season , in saying that we are looking quite tidy atm:wink:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
its a good position to be in but its way to early to predict how it will go . First of all i want our two games to play out and then take it from there . Theres far too much football to go till the end of the season , in saying that we are looking quite tidy atm:wink:

Conceding 1.7 goals per match is not tidy! A few injuries and you'll drop back to mid table

D

Deleted member 18477

Palace will reach the playoffs if Murray and Zaha both stay fit and if Zaha stays yes!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

If you lost Murray or Zaha for any length of time you would be absolutely f***ed, as you concede shitloads for a top half team.

Without 4 of our best players we're still managing draws.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
If you lost Murray or Zaha for any length of time you would be absolutely f***ed, as you concede shitloads for a top half team.

Without 4 of our best players we're still managing draws.

We might not be as we have a good squad , its abit silly all these ifs and butts isnt it mellotron .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We might not be as we have a good squad , its abit silly all these ifs and butts isnt it mellotron .

The fact you currently concede a lot of goals for a top half side, and we have the joint best defensive record in the entire football league, is not "ifs and buts".

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
..according to a Nigel at work.

I just can't see it. Am I being overly critical of them? They've been good recently but I can see their form dropping off. Especially with a couple of injuries or suspensions. We on the other hand have a stronger squad and the ability to cover key positions bar, perhaps, an out and out striker. I don't believe that's a privilege befitting many teams at this level.

Palace, class or just a bit of form?

Not sure why you think Brighton have a stronger squad ,palaces bench on Saturday was the strongest i'v seen it in years , the club captain is still out plus there is ment to be 2 or 3 wonder kids from the academe waiting for the chance
I would be more than happy with a top ten Finnish this season there are some very good teams in the championship this season and anyone can beat any one on their day

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The fact you currently concede a lot of goals for a top half side, and we have the joint best defensive record in the entire football league, is not "ifs and buts".

Currently , but it could all change . f*** me im doing it now .

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Not sure why you think Brighton have a stronger squad ,palaces bench on Saturday was the strongest i'v seen it in years , the club captain is still out plus there is ment to be 2 or 3 wonder kids from the academe waiting for the chance
I would be more than happy with a top ten Finnish this season there are some very good teams in the championship this season and anyone can beat any one on their day

You said it yourself, they've got a bunch on kids on the sidelines. We've got Calderon, Dunk, Crofts, Dobbie, and even Vicente to a lesser extent! We have much more strength in depth than Palace do.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You said it yourself, they've got a bunch on kids on the sidelines. We've got Calderon, Dunk, Crofts, Dobbie, and even Vicente and Mattock to a lesser extent! We have much more strength in depth than Palace do.

Mattock!?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Great run of results no doubt, but the wins have all been by the odd goal. They've not dominated any team and have just managed to win 4-3 at home against a team that we beat away 3-1.

I would still fancy our chances of they were the first game after the international break.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here