Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace will make the playoffs - If they keep Zaha in Janurary..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This is not atyall sour grapes and I can only give them credit for their brilliant run with great results (apart from the cheating by Zaha) BUT take Zaha out and their squad looks one of, if not THE weakest in the div IMHO. I know football isn't played on paper though...

Williams is a decent player and I rate McCarthy but apart from the new signings who I know little about, their squad is paper thin and they have no depth. They've been ridiculously lucky with injuries so far where as we've been very unlucky (Vicente is the best player in this division(!) )

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
This is not atyall sour grapes and I can only give them credit for their brilliant run with great results (apart from the cheating by Zaha) BUT take Zaha out and their squad looks one of, if not THE weakest in the div IMHO. I know football isn't played on paper though...

Williams is a decent player and I rate McCarthy but apart from the new signings who I know little about, their squad is paper thin and they have no depth. They've been ridiculously lucky with injuries so far where as we've been very unlucky (Vicente is the best player in this division(!) )

Sounds like it,Why comment on our squad when clearly you know very little about it?
Our Captain and leader hasn't played a game yet.(Yeah very lucky)
Murray was missing for our first 3 league games injured (lucky again)
Well if we are so weak and have the weakest squad in the division then you lot should steam roll us at Selhurst in December .
Zaha is brilliant and the best player in this division on his day ,no id rather have Vicente who hasn't started a game yet and missed a mass of matches last year.
Keep on tasting that grape juice.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011

Sorry but with all due respect your post shows you have a very limited grasp of football knowledge outside of the Albion, you honestly couldn't be more wrong! This is our strongest squad since the Warnock squad that made the play-offs in 2008. On Saturday there was no place in the starting X1 for Johnny Williams (way better than a 'decent' player as you stated), Joel Ward, Jonathan Parr (player of the year last season), Danny Gabbidon (15 starts in the Premiership last year) Owen Garvan (a midfielder Poyet tried to sign last season), David Goodwillie (another who played in the Prem last season) and the injured Paddy McCarthy who is our Captain. All decent players at this level. Our squad this year is much bigger and better and we have been able to rotate whereas last year it was pretty much the same side and our form went downhill when an influx of injuries and fatigue struck in the last 3rd of the season.

Last edited:

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011

You admit you know little about the squad, yet you do know there is no depth/weakest squad etc etc blah blah....yet you also think Vicente is the best player (who NEVER plays) in the division...Argus also says dont know when/if he will be back...truth is you only know what you see through your blue and white tinted glasses...after all with your exceptionally strong squad you haven't done much since cms got injured/bored have you, where is the strength in depth? Oh yeah Dobbin, who even your own fans don't rate too highly..

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011
Vicente is the best player on a hospital bench FACT nice little earner he's on ATM maybe need to stick him on a Pay as you play. It's a little to early to say if either of us will be in the mix and anyone who disagrees needs looking at yes we are shipping in a few and that may lead to a few defeats until we get our defence sorted but like stated we are without our captain paddy and once back he is the comforting voice the rest of the lads need. Like some of you I ain't seen your side this season and it looks like without cms you ain't that potent upfront but we now have 2 players in moritz and bolasie that give us a real potent attacking style of play which we lacked last season bolasie is the same as wilf on the other wing and moritz seems to find some nice passes to set up attacks. I do reckon we need another striker to partner Murray especially if wilf does get injured I doubt he will be sold as I think he has more of a brain on him then bostock and wont go down that route but we have yet to give goodwillie a chance but that's because he's carrying a bit of timber. Well all that said lets just enjoy and bask in the situations we are in ATM and do the real talking when we play each other and the end of the season depending if we are both in the mix.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
So is the success of your season now down to your two results against us or your final league position? As last season League position seemed to hold no relevance for you.

Would be good to know in advance so we all know where we stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here