Palace supposedly make derisory bid for Dunk

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
12 million for Collins, the game has gone mad, not rated at West Ham. Do not think Dunk is worth anything like that either. Until the premiership gets real, then football will struggle in this country and British players are over valued, thus teams get value from foreign players, making our England team weaker, it ain't rocket science? Thought the Palace hoodies were demonstrating against the money game a while ago, very quite now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
A big thank you from all of us for not taking him, the deal must have been incredibly close to completion. We were all worried.

Tbh so was I , phew .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
So why did you bid for him in the first place?

To flush out Collins , sorry Tomkins . I've never rated dunk pres , he makes a lot of errors and the red mist often descends . That's only my opinion but he has suitors that can't be denied , IMO he needs another solid season in the championship , cut out the silly stuff , then he will move on if you don't go up .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To flush out Collins , sorry Tomkins . I've never rated dunk pres , he makes a lot of errors and the red mist often descends . That's only my opinion but he has suitors that can't be denied , IMO he needs another solid season in the championship , cut out the silly stuff , then he will move on if you don't go up .

That's fair enough, when Dunk is good he's very, very good but does need to iron out the glitches.

Can't get excited about Tomkins though, Benteke could be either very good or very bad, but £30m is a lot of money for a Marmite player.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
That's fair enough, when Dunk is good he's very, very good but does need to iron out the glitches.

Can't get excited about Tomkins though, Benteke could be either very good or very bad, but £30m is a lot of money for a Marmite player.

I think Tomkins is a solid experienced centre half who is highly rated by West Ham fans , he will be a good signing for us . Benteke ? Personally I rate him and in our system he would fit right in , he is the ideal spearhead . If we sign him and he plays regularly he will get back to his best , he has the pedigree .

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I think Tomkins is a solid experienced centre half who is highly rated by West Ham fans , he will be a good signing for us . Benteke ? Personally I rate him and in our system he would fit right in , he is the ideal spearhead . If we sign him and he plays regularly he will get back to his best , he has the pedigree .

Just like Chamakh and Adebayor they had pedigree.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Benteke is only 25 , he will come again . Those two will only be looking for a last payday . As you should be aware not all signings work out as planned .

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Benteke is only 25 , he will come again . Those two will only be looking for a last payday . As you should be aware not all signings work out as planned .

You better hope so for that money. There is no guarantee he will be a success again, you know that, although you are right he has got pedigree.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

To be honest, with Bloasie and Zaha either side, he should get plenty of ammunition, unlike at Liverpool.

Just depends if he fancies it or not.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You better hope so for that money. There is no guarantee he will be a success again, you know that, although you are right he has got pedigree.

Every signing is a gamble . Look at your record signing for instance . We must have the money or we wouldn't do it , Steve isn't silly with money and we saved a lot with the players we released . After our second half of the season it was obvious we needed to get quality in and by the looks of it we're doing just this .

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Every signing is a gamble . Look at your record signing for instance . We must have the money or we wouldn't do it , Steve isn't silly with money and we saved a lot with the players we released . After our second half of the season it was obvious we needed to get quality in and by the looks of it we're doing just this .

Not signed by the current manager, who has got value for money in all of his signings to date and whos values have probably quadrupled since they came to Brighton.

Do you really trust Alan Pardew with lots of money to spend.- His most successful seasons at Newcastle were when he played with Chris Hughton's left over team team.- Once he was given millions to spend by Newcastle to bring in new players they blew up and were relegation threatened most years.

It is not about how much money you spend. It's about who spends it on your behalf and how he then sets about getting the best out of that money once they start to play

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Palace are like that annoying bird on Facebook who is skint and post about eating KFC and McDonalds, then suddenly gets a rich boyfriend and is buying Gucci handbags and eating at fancy restaurants....Everyone still knows they are fake and common and will one day come crashing back down to earth crying!!!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Tbf, Chamakh was quality until he did his hamstring at the end of the 2014/5 season.
Adebayor was a gamble that didn't come off, well past his prime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports