Palace planning a 'display'

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hdeagle

May 17, 2011
I am sure that 3-1 to the Palace will be sung a few times, just to remind you and that is one Palace display that must have left a lasting impression and will be remembered at the Amex forever as it was your first defeat at your first proper ground for years and to us of all teams that you could have lost to it just had to be Palace.

How ironic.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I am sure that 3-1 to the Palace will be sung a few times, just to remind you and that is one Palace display that must have left a lasting impression and will be remembered at the Amex forever as it was your first defeat at your first proper ground for years and to us of all teams that you could have lost to it just had to be Palace.

How ironic.

Your fans really are thick. It wasn't our first defeat, so no it will not be remembered forever. In fact if in 5 seasons time we're still in same div I reckon we'll have beat u a fair few times at the Amex and the freak 3-1 (offside matych winning goal :thumbsup:) will be all but forgotten...

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Your fans really are thick. It wasn't our first defeat, so no it will not be remembered forever. In fact if in 5 seasons time we're still in same div I reckon we'll have beat u a fair few times at the Amex and the freak 3-1 (offside matych winning goal :thumbsup:) will be all but forgotten...

1st LEAGUE defeat. Must bug the hell out of you. History that can never be re-written.

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011

How ironic.

Who was the first team we lost to at the Goldstone? Who was the first team we lost to at Withdean? I don't know the answer .. and I don't care. And in a couple of years it'll be the same for Falmer. "The first game lost in a new ground" is just not a statistic that people care about.

You guys beat us this season (and that hurts) - we had just lost to Liverpool, and if we had lost to Leeds (who were 2-0 up) a few days before it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

I'm flattered that despite beating manure, the highlight of your season is still beating us now jog on .... and by the way, you might want to look up what the word "ironic" means as you seem not to know.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1st LEAGUE defeat. Must bug the hell out of you. History that can never be re-written.

No - I find that just WORDY. The first defeat is all that will be remembered which I'm pleased to say was LIVERPOOL :thumbsup:

I appreciate you were the first team to win in the LEAGUE but really is it that big a claim? No, not really. Just annoys me your fans constantly say 'first team to win' or 'first defeat at amex' which is factually FALSE!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who was the first team we lost to at the Goldstone? Who was the first team we lost to at Withdean? I don't know the answer .. and I don't care. And in a couple of years it'll be the same for Falmer. "The first game lost in a new ground" is just not a statistic that people care about.

You guys beat us this season (and that hurts) - we had just lost to Liverpool, and if we had lost to Leeds (who were 2-0 up) a few days before it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

I'm flattered that despite beating manure, the highlight of your season is still beating us now jog on .... and by the way, you might want to look up what the word "ironic" means as you seem not to know.

f***ing nail f***ing head. And no I'm not sure of the first teams to win at Goldstone or Withers - hahaha - point proven. Let alone the first LEAGUE defeat at either ground (which I'd imagine will be the same teams / games). Well said.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

How ironic.

Is it ironic because you're a shithouse team from a shithouse stadium and we're a classy footballing outfit at a beautiful new stadium?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Meh. Who was your first league defeat to at Selhurst then?

Exactly.

Still, you prattle on about it if you like - anything to deflect from the 5-0, which I will admit was utterly HORRIFIC.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011

Not at all. The only time i know you're the first team to win at ours in the league is when you simpletons mention it. Liverpool was the first you little mug.

Jan 12, 2012
In all seriousness, this illustrates one dimension of the vast difference between our clubs. Gully's Girls provide light entertainment on matchdays but their main role is to act as ambassadors for the club and contribute to Gully's Gang and AITC type intitiatives.

The Palace approach seems, to be honest, a little tawdry.

We use to have cheerleaders like you've got, 15 year old girls doing gymnastics and human pyramids.
The girls we have now are totally different, and it adds to the match day experience.
Tawdry or not, i know what i prefere !
Be nice to them when they walk around the pitch at half time !!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We use to have cheerleaders like you've got, 15 year old girls doing gymnastics and human pyramids.
The girls we have now are totally different, and it adds to the match day experience.

Didnt you have alot more supporters when the 15 year olds were doing it? The tarts are clearly not adding anything to the gate are they?

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011

They're sluts. No wonder you're so shit on the pitch because the players can only think of those bimbos short skirts.

Jan 12, 2012
These sort of threads always end up being about point scoring against each other.
This season you've moved into a new stadium, with a nice big crowd, and you are finally lording it over us, and fair play to you after all the shit you've been through.
But the constant shit ground, shit crowds, and shit all things relating to Palace comments seem a bit rich considering your recent history.
Beating you this season was my cup final, and likewise will be yours if you get a win on tuesday,and you know it.
Shiny new stadiums and fan bases dont win football matches, the 11 players on the pitch do, and im sure Freedman will remind our team of the importance of this match, as if they need it.
Poyet didnt understand the history and feeling between us, i hope for your sakes he does now !
The Palace fans on tuesday will certainly be up for it,and for me, the game cant come quick enough.
BTW, our first league defeat at Selhurst was in 1924 against Sheff Wed, i've always hated them with a passion ever since :D

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports