Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace make £23 million profit from first season in PL

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Pozzo owns 3 clubs , there is nothing to stop him shuffling players around. Watford end up with players on loan from Granada and Udinese who are then signed permanently for nominal fees.

Seriously, I know this, but what players from Granada (2nd bottom of the Spanish MTL) and Udinese, whose first team players earn less (worth less?) than our own would we be desperate to sign for nominal fees?

Oh, I see your point :down:

Burke Out :rant:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You're quite correct there Piltdown Man. So effectively you're no better than West Ham getting gifted a stadium and paying a nominal amount of rent for it? Personally, I don't have a massive issue with the set up and think fair play to Brighton for that but if you read my signature you can somewhat understand my view of people constantly going on saying we cheated when you're currently engaged in a similar practise. Last I checked you were still making losses (in terms of footballing and non footballing losses) so as a club you are using others cash no?

Er no West Ham like Man City have benefited from a shed load of tax payers money. Our is from private investment from one person who has a very personal reason for that investment. The losses have to be put in to perspective. Has Bloom covered all those losses on the balance sheets. An emphatic no. A lot of balance sheet losses are just that, paper losses (as in depreciation) he has however kept the bank balance in a healthy position resulting in any debt, being owed to him only. Added to which this has been within the FFP limits.

It's very disingenuous of you to question our situation, whereas you situation is only looking rosy due to a very large element of luck, (as all those get going up by the play-offs), and the fact money is thrown at all clubs in the top league irrelevant of success or business acumen. The complete lack of decent facilities will catch you out eventually as well. I notice very little is spoken about your pie in the sky new stadium. Oh and a training ground that's like a village green.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Seriously, I know this, but what players from Granada (2nd bottom of the Spanish MTL) and Udinese, whose first team players earn less (worth less?) than our own would we be desperate to sign for nominal fees?

Oh, I see your point :down:

Burke Out :rant:
If we were after a player from Granada or Udinese it would cost us loadsamoney , Watford would sign them for an undisclosed fee :laugh:

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Er no West Ham like Man City have benefited from a shed load of tax payers money. Our is from private investment from one person who has a very personal reason for that investment. The losses have to be put in to perspective. Has Bloom covered all those losses on the balance sheets. An emphatic no. A lot of balance sheet losses are just that, paper losses (as in depreciation) he has however kept the bank balance in a healthy position resulting in any debt, being owed to him only. Added to which this has been within the FFP limits.

It's very disingenuous of you to question our situation, whereas you situation is only looking rosy due to a very large element of luck, (as all those get going up by the play-offs), and the fact money is thrown at all clubs in the top league irrelevant of success or business acumen. The complete lack of decent facilities will catch you out eventually as well. I notice very little is spoken about your pie in the sky new stadium. Oh and a training ground that's like a village green.

And there the sour grapes show themselves yet again. So what you mean is "waa waa waa on paper we were spending a fortune on our team and covering exorbitant wages far more than you and you beat us when former champions league and England player Wayne Bridge fell asleep"?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And there the sour grapes show themselves yet again. So what you mean is "waa waa waa on paper we were spending a fortune on our team and covering exorbitant wages far more than you and you beat us when former champions league and England player Wayne Bridge fell asleep"?

Er no I stated you need luck to progress through the play-offs, that's anyone, us, you or whoever. Hardly sour grapes you prat.

As for getting loads of money for just being in the top league is a fact. Take it why you can, good luck with it. However again as I stated you have a huge task on your hands and that's maintaining your position whilst playing/training in the worst facilities in the league and with no end in sight.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If we were after a player from Granada or Udinese it would cost us loadsamoney , Watford would sign them for an undisclosed fee :laugh:

But we wouldn't be after a player from those teams, would we? Please say we wouldn't, please say we have our sights set a little higher than a next seasons Segunda Division teams cast offs and Serie A mid table obscurity.

Oh, I see :down:

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
When Southampton were taken over and brought out of Administration, the new owner Marcus Liebherr paid off every single creditor in full.

No chance of that happening with Palace. Instead you get Disney crowing in the press about how wonderfully RICH they are now. Just imagine reading that as one of the creditors amongst the £80 millon-odd that Palace had conveniently written off over the course of their DOUBLE administrations. Those creditors they thieved from must feel sick to their stomachs.

CPFC, classy as always.

Indeed, Simon Jordan isn't exactly a happy bunny.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
When Southampton were taken over and brought out of Administration, the new owner Marcus Liebherr paid off every single creditor in full.

No chance of that happening with Palace. Instead you get Disney crowing in the press about how wonderfully RICH they are now. Just imagine reading that as one of the creditors amongst the £80 millon-odd that Palace had conveniently written off over the course of their DOUBLE administrations. Those creditors they thieved from must feel sick to their stomachs.

CPFC, classy as always.

Brilliant post. CPFC have no class whatsoever.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Balance sheet losses? Are you Ed Balls?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Erm no Tony Bloom doesn't own BHAFC. I suggest you check your facts on that one. He owns a 75% stake of it (may be more now not sure?) And yes he is sticking his cash into it which is great for Brighton fans and not so great for other club's fans who don't have rich benefactors. It's not 'fair' but its the way it is. Just like it's not fair that creditors agreed to receiving a penny in the pound rather than Palace being liquidated but there we go.
Tony bloom's goal was to build the stadium and infrastructure and not to mention the academy.Hes made it clear the club must be self sufficient soon and im sure it will.At the moment bar clubs with parachute payments we have the 2nd biggest turnover in the championship and even with that we're seriously handicapped by parachute payment clubs in which stands at around 10 at the moment.

Bloom won't want much of his money back trust me:D

Also it's not £130 million its £200 million:D
Stadium
Stadium Expansion
£30 million academy
Paying off previous Withdean debts and a few others no doubt :)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tony bloom's goal was to build the stadium and infrastructure and not to mention the academy.Hes made it clear the club must be self sufficient soon and im sure it will.At the moment bar clubs with parachute payments we have the 2nd biggest turnover in the championship and even with that we're seriously handicapped by parachute payment clubs in which stands at around 10 at the moment.

Bloom won't want much of his money back trust me:D

Also it's not £130 million its £200 million:D
Stadium
Stadium Expansion
£30 million academy
Paying off previous Withdean debts and a few others no doubt :)

I note you didn't mention investment in players once in that post. And there's the problem. To the Albion, it's all about appeasing the bean-counters.

That's why Palace are where they are, and we are where we are.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I note you didn't mention investment in players once in that post. And there's the problem. To the Albion, it's all about appeasing the bean-counters.

That's why Palace are where they are, and we are where we are.
Not sure if that's within our £23 million wage budget or not???
Guess with our losses maybe not

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can't help thinking that TB ****ed up big time spending the money on extra seats when he should have spent it on the team when we were actually going for promotion..
He didn't spend on seats instead of promotion, he was limited in how much he could spend on the team because of FFP.

In fairness there was an arrogance running through the club including the fans that we were about to make the Premier League such was the feel good factor of the Amex and the complete change in the style and players. Most of us still felt that way until Zaha popped in a couple of goals......
Speak for yourself. I think a lot of us thought there would have been a good chance of Watford beating us had we have got to the final, I don't think we were arrogant at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here