Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace make £23 million profit from first season in PL

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have seen you state this before in past threads and I have tried to find reference to this in my books on the clubs history and I have never been able to find anything about such agreements. I would love to read up on this part of our history and who conducted the deals with the creditors, so I would appreciate you or any other fans that could point me into where this was recorded. I could then read more about the two winding up orders in October 1992 and June 1993.
And when you said we had no assets to sell, surely we still owned the Goldstone during those winding up orders, as the Ground was sold around 1995 I believe?

The Goldstone was mortgaged so a significant proportion of the proceeds went straight to the bank.

Never quite worked Archer out, he sold the Goldstone far too cheaply and then didn't know what to do with himself apart from partially find the losses at Gillingham.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
The Goldstone was mortgaged so a significant proportion of the proceeds went straight to the bank.

Never quite worked Archer out, he sold the Goldstone far too cheaply and then didn't know what to do with himself apart from partially find the losses at Gillingham.

I still am not sure of the connection from where we were saved from liquidation during the winding up orders in 1992 and 1993 by agreeing lower sums of money to our creditors, as the sale of the Goldstone was in 1995. Are you saying some creditors were prepared to wait for the money owed in 1992/93 and agreed a lower payment when the Dick Knights consortium took over?

Er no I stated you need luck to progress through the play-offs, that's anyone, us, you or whoever. Hardly sour grapes you prat.

As for getting loads of money for just being in the top league is a fact. Take it why you can, good luck with it. However again as I stated you have a huge task on your hands and that's maintaining your position whilst playing/training in the worst facilities in the league and with no end in sight.

Luck has nothing to do with it, we beat you relativity easily and rubbed your faces in it again by getting promoted on a glorious day at Wembley, for that I say thanks made it even more special.
Super WIlf shut you all up after booing him every time he had the ball, Wayne Bridge who had him in his pocket for St Patricks day massacre made a big error so did Greer for his 2nd.

Bha have only just got a better stadium than Palace,which is still debatable as the Amex like a library almost every home game!
You had a better atmosphere at the Gallstone where you turned up to watch lower league football at the and then the hard core 5-6k Withdean temporary ground fans made more noise there than at the Amex.
Brighton's shiny new Amex might be state of the art but with only one train station, no pubs, no parking, hours to get away from the stadium! You can keep it, Fair play for still turning up to watch lower league football. however when the free trains end it will be even lower.
Oh well at least they still count the fans who don't turn up hence all the vast gaps in the stand make it look better on paper s:D

We're in the Premier league still with an old school stadium and your down the bottom end of the Championship with a nice new stadium:cool: I know where I'd rather be:lolol: made all the sweeter thanks to Brighton and Hove Albion not turning up for the semi
:lolol::goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYSHX3KXcJc

From your number one Chelsea fan plastic :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I still am not sure of the connection from where we were saved from liquidation during the winding up orders in 1992 and 1993 by agreeing lower sums of money to our creditors, as the sale of the Goldstone was in 1995. Are you saying some creditors were prepared to wait for the money owed in 1992/93 and agreed a lower payment when the Dick Knights consortium took over?

I thought in 1992 HMRC agreed to a partial payment, and in 1993 the sale of Mark Beeney allowed the club to meet the creditor demands in relation to the formal liquidation petition.

Throughout all this time the directors were subsidising the club to an extent, but did come to arrangements with suppliers such as the coach company that meant that full payments were not made.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There is surely a difference between reducing payments owed to creditors on a case by case basis, through business to business negotiation, and imposing lower repayments on all creditors across the board via administration ???

I am really struggling to see that they are the same thing. One is a free will agreement between all parties, the other is a compulsory imposition whether the creditor likes it or not, just because some other creditors have agreed.

I also didn't think that administration even existed as an option when the albion were in trouble. Was it simply not pay or go bust ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Didn't notice on Tapatalk that this was in 'The Other Stuff'.

That's me out of here, let the palace GOONS troll away !

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
There is surely a difference between reducing payments owed to creditors on a case by case basis, through business to business negotiation, and imposing lower repayments on all creditors across the board via administration ???

I am really struggling to see that they are the same thing. One is a free will agreement between all parties, the other is a compulsory imposition whether the creditor likes it or not, just because some other creditors have agreed.

I also didn't think that administration even existed as an option when the albion were in trouble. Was it simply not pay or go bust ?

This is my view and the HMRC voted against the CVA in the Palace administration, but were compulsory forced to take what was given, whereby in our case all taxes had been met, even I believe the tax paid by the new owners on the sale of the Goldstone. Which would not have been the case if we had had administration and become Brighton & Hove Albion 1995 back in those days.
Totally different to just taking other peoples money.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
This is my view and the HMRC voted against the CVA in the Palace administration, but were compulsory forced to take what was given, whereby in our case all taxes had been met, even I believe the tax paid by the new owners on the sale of the Goldstone. Which would not have :rolleyes:been the case if we had had administration and become Brighton & Hove Albion 1995 back in those days.
Totally different to just taking other peoples money.
As always you stand on the morally higher ground :rolleyes:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Can't help thinking that TB ****ed up big time spending the money on extra seats when he should have spent it on the team when we were actually going for promotion..

I did say this at the time on here so it's not great hindsight either.

We could quite easily have been in the position Palace are now in.

We did ok considering we had no decent strikers till Ulloa finaly came along,think what might have been had we not given our only decent striker to the scum for the sake of a couple of grand a week

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No point being bitter.

CP got to the PL fairly, with politicking and wanting-out Poyet, being outsmarted in the second leg by passionate Holloway. We all know who's pre-match team talk would've been more inspiring ... Holloway's.

Many clubs have been promoted a few short years after creditors lost out ... Leicester were the masters at this. Portsmouth, Southampton and Bournemouth too.

Time to move on.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
[/B]

Luck has nothing to do with it, we beat you relativity easily and rubbed your faces in it again by getting promoted on a glorious day at Wembley, for that I say thanks made it even more special.
Super WIlf shut you all up after booing him every time he had the ball, Wayne Bridge who had him in his pocket for St Patricks day massacre made a big error so did Greer for his 2nd.

Bha have only just got a better stadium than Palace,which is still debatable as the Amex like a library almost every home game!
You had a better atmosphere at the Gallstone where you turned up to watch lower league football at the and then the hard core 5-6k Withdean temporary ground fans made more noise there than at the Amex.
Brighton's shiny new Amex might be state of the art but with only one train station, no pubs, no parking, hours to get away from the stadium! You can keep it, Fair play for still turning up to watch lower league football. however when the free trains end it will be even lower.
Oh well at least they still count the fans who don't turn up hence all the vast gaps in the stand make it look better on paper s:D

We're in the Premier league still with an old school stadium and your down the bottom end of the Championship with a nice new stadium:cool: I know where I'd rather be:lolol: made all the sweeter thanks to Brighton and Hove Albion not turning up for the semi
:lolol::goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYSHX3KXcJc

From your number one Chelsea fan plastic :lolol:

Haha...One of the most agreeable posts I have ever read on NSC. Well done sir!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here