Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace home game moved to Wed 15th - RMT Strike on Thursday 16th March

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I still have no idea why this game is on a Thursday. Is it on TELLY ?
If so, a barstool may beckon.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
If we can play Brentford at 8pm Boxing Day …then I can’t c why this will be moved
We only played Brentford on Boxing Day because of TV. It would seem bizarre to play one of the biggest games of the season on a similarly transport-constrained day WHEN IT IS ENTIRELY OUR CHOICE.
Sorry about the caps - just meant for emphasis 😊

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I found the choice of Thursday night utterly bizarre, why not a Tuesday or Wednesday night?

This is unfortunate but this dispute is likely to run and run, given that the negotiations seem to be going nowhere. What we do need quickly is an announcement from the club/PL as to whether the game will go ahead as planned or if it will be moved.

If it does go ahead then it's the bus, walk, cycle, drive or seagulls travel. People will find a way to get to the game.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I think it's down to UEFA not wanting Premier League games to clash with Champions League games and they only allow it in extreme circumstances.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I found the choice of Thursday night utterly bizarre, why not a Tuesday or Wednesday night?

This is unfortunate but this dispute is likely to run and run, given that the negotiations seem to be going nowhere. What we do need quickly is an announcement from the club/PL as to whether the game will go ahead as planned or if it will be moved.

If it does go ahead then it's the bus, walk, cycle, drive or seagulls travel. People will find a way to get to the game.
It would be absurd not to simply switch it to the Wednesday. No reason I can see not to. And considering the strikes are already announced, we know there definitely won't be one that day.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think it's down to UEFA not wanting Premier League games to clash with Champions League games and they only allow it in extreme circumstances.
Or if it's big teams......

We have no choice now uefa can f off

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It would be absurd not to simply switch it to the Wednesday. No reason I can see not to. And considering the strikes are already announced, we know there definitely won't be one that day.
Makes sense to me providing the trains aren't scheduled to knock off early on the Wednesday evening

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
We only played Brentford on Boxing Day because of TV. It would seem bizarre to play one of the biggest games of the season on a similarly transport-constrained day WHEN IT IS ENTIRELY OUR CHOICE.
And the stadium was half full for that game. So yes, we CAN go ahead with it if we really want a repeat of that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Oh I don’t disagree …I’ve just said I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t moved because of the strike .. ( u never know it might get shifted to Friday/Monday if on Tv)not sure I agree with the bit about “entirely our choice” …SKY/BT have a big say in kick off times …the opposition have a say….the police etc

Palace game because of the history of the fixture…necessary policing ..ie getting Palace fans to/away from the ground as quickly as possible…now that I would be VERY SURPRISED if it wasn’t moved

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
In terms of that week I think we need to see if ASLEF join the RMT and announce strikes on the other days.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Previously it was called off due to the combination of train strike AND no parking available at the Unis due to open days. There is (was!) car parking available at the unis for this so not the same situation.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Previously it was called off due to the combination of train strike AND no parking available at the Unis due to open days. There is (was!) car parking available at the unis for this so not the same situation.
Regardless, it'll still affect bums on seats significantly, and be much more of a hassle for those who do go, which would be a huge shame (esp the former) considering the fixture.

Very different if it's a Saturday 3pm fixture, but no trains for a 7.30 evening fixture will mean thousands, esp from further afield, won't attend.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Regardless, it'll still affect bums on seats significantly, and be much more of a hassle for those who do go, which would be a huge shame (esp the former) considering the fixture.

Very different if it's a Saturday 3pm fixture, but no trains for a 7.30 evening fixture will mean thousands, esp from further afield, won't attend.
'thousands won't attend' has been written a fair few times, over the years.
When was the last time thousands didn't attend the AMEX for off field (Ie non Hyypia) reasons?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here