Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace home game moved to Wed 15th - RMT Strike on Thursday 16th March

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Wasn't the first Palace game cancelled due a train strike ?
Should be fun fighting ( not literally one hopes ) our way up to the ground.
Game postponed again ?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Wasn't the first Palace game cancelled due a train strike ?
Should be fun fighting ( not literally one hopes ) our way up to the ground.
Game postponed again ?
It was originally called off because of the rail stike but then the strike got cancelled when Her Majesty died. The game wasn't put back on because of the uncertainty around what policing would be needed in London for events around her funeral.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Strikes also on 1st April, currently a home match against Brentford so it wouldn’t be a surprise if that is also moved.:rolleyes:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully games will just proceed

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Palace parking sold out (If ever available). Could have lots of Palace hanging around city centre unable to get home. There is no way any sensible police force wants that, but given some of the daft things in the news concerning Police forces at the moment anything is possible! Can the club organise shuttle busses as they have previously? Yeah sure they can in many respects did a good job, but this is Palace, you'll need extra stewarding and Police all over the city - it will kick off all over the place. Brentford I can see that being more likely and far more time too for the club to do a repeat, but there will be no trains back up to Smellhurst after the match and if somehow a special train to return the scum home post-match was arranged I think I know where several thousand Brighton fans will be heading post-match. Both clubs and the PL need to do the sensible thing and move this forward a day or two.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Palace parking sold out (If ever available). Could have lots of Palace hanging around city centre unable to get home. There is no way any sensible police force wants that, but given some of the daft things in the news concerning Police forces at the moment anything is possible! Can the club organise shuttle busses as they have previously? Yeah sure they can in many respects did a good job, but this is Palace, you'll need extra stewarding and Police all over the city - it will kick off all over the place. Brentford I can see that being more likely and far more time too for the club to do a repeat, but there will be no trains back up to Smellhurst after the match and if somehow a special train to return the scum home post-match was arranged I think I know where several thousand Brighton fans will be heading post-match. Both clubs and the PL need to do the sensible thing and move this forward a day or two.
So by moving it forward a day or two what happens if we are playing Man Utd on the Sunday?

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
affects CP Home 16/3 and Brentford Home 1/4
For CP it will be carnage if game went ahead there's no way the club should play the game and Im sure the Police wont want it played without rail transport.
The Man U game on the Sunday us sandwiched between strike days as well - so that should be a fun day out
too.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hark now hear the Brighton sing, the RMT run away again

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
The Man U game on the Sunday us sandwiched between strike days as well - so that should be a fun day out
too.
Yes indeed but it should be possible just need make earlier start (on top of hour earlier i.e. 2pm ko) perhaps more of a pain for the away fans from Devon, Surrey, Hampshire, Suffolk, Dorset, Cambridgeshire etc

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I'm really looking at the club to actively seek to rearrange fixtures without rail transport, I appreciate they don't have all the say in this but they have a lot of influence and seeing as they built the ground hooked on rail transport I think they have a responsibility to make a very firm stand to get all games moved when there is no rail transport. I'm beginning to see why people dont get season tickets and buy match by match as its bad enough with TV changes but the rail strikes just make it an even big pain.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm really looking at the club to actively seek to rearrange fixtures without rail transport, I appreciate they don't have all the say in this but they have a lot of influence and seeing as they built the ground hooked on rail transport I think they have a responsibility to make a very firm stand to get all games moved when there is no rail transport. I'm beginning to see why people dont get season tickets and buy match by match as its bad enough with TV changes but the rail strikes just make it an even big pain.
I am sure the club will arrange everything around you as you perceive yourself as so important

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here